HCG as part of daily T regimen

Kid

Awards
I suppose this question would be more specifically for Dr.John but any who may know the answer, your feedback is more than appreciated. I remember reading a while back on another board I believe that Dr. John had mentioned that he had one patient who was on a daily regimen of Androgel 2.5 mg daily and HCG 250 IU daily.........As I recall this seemed to be all that would keep this man's testicles from atrophying. If I'm correct and this was indeed this man's regimen how was he able to do this and not keep the Leydig Cell's from being desensitized? Was it just because it was a low enough daily dose to prevent overstimulation? And were any sort of anti-aromatase meds like arimidex required in this particular case? Thanks

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Strange thing happen to me and one of my freinds taking bioidentical testosterone. Our testicles have actually started to grow? I stopped the HCG for 2 weeks they got bigger? how can this be? Could hcg be producing actually to much estrogen counteracting the testosterone? Its nice to have the boys back just home they stay this time LOL. i will have a baseline reading with no armidex no hcg for almost 1 month on 10% testocreme which I may switch over to a more normal version as indicated by 1cc and progrmer 18.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Strange thing happen to me and one of my freinds taking bioidentical testosterone. Our testicles have actually started to grow? I stopped the HCG for 2 weeks they got bigger? how can this be? Could hcg be producing actually to much estrogen counteracting the testosterone? Its nice to have the boys back just home they stay this time LOL. i will have a baseline reading with no armidex no hcg for almost 1 month on 10% testocreme which I may switch over to a more normal version as indicated by 1cc and progrmer 18.
1cc 11-26-2006, 03:46 PM
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/55447-estradiol-test-kit.html

I find my exchange with 1cc very educational.
What I am not easy about is that he is satisfied with actually quite low T levels, little below 500 (241-827)
but then he watches his SHBG and Free T. Free T may be really the indicator to put more weight on.
----------------------------
Primarily what get me interested in TRT is my ED,
but as a very close second is overall health and body performance.
Cardiovascular, muscle and bone, mental health.
I thought that these are associated with higher than 1cc's T levels.
Comments?
------------------------------------
12-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Following is my entire regimen:

25mg T Cream per day in the morning
100iu HCG per day SubQ in the morning

10mg pregnenolone on rising with a glass of salted water
25mg DHEA after breakfast with something oily
1 multi-vitamin “Natrol my favorite Multiple –Take One”

There are a couple more like fish oil that would be beneficial, but I am not taking that right now.
-------------------
11-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Please note this sentence. The BEST way to reduce E2 and DHT is to adjust your TRT method and dosage. Tinkering with E2 and DHT numbers trying to get an optimal value using drugs is extremely difficult and undesireable.

Estradiol 24 13-54
Total T 469 241-827
Free T 149 34-194
Free and weakly bound T 312 84-402
SHBG 16 13-71
DHT 45 25-75

I feel good. Performance is good. As a result of my low SHBG, my Free T is higher on a lower Total T. Free T is what is important. Things really got much better for me after adding in pregnenolone 10mg in the morning. So, don’t expect that TRT alone is going to solve all your problems. You may have other issues that need to be addressed like thyroid and adrenals.

These are my lab results using Androgel and using compounded T Cream 100mg/gram at exactly the same 25mg T dosage:

Current labs using 25mg T cream 100mg/gram concentration:
DHT 45 25-75

In the past using 2.5g Androgel = 25mg T:
DHT: 115 25-75

Big difference. As you can see, using Androgel, DHT was 256% higher.