Calcium D-Glucarate - Dr. John?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Have you had any experience with this?

It apears to work
Entrez PubMed

I remember reading it lowered estradiol by upto about 27% in rats.

It says it lowers E2 but also precursors to 17-ketosteroids, so it may lower other important androgenic hormones like Androstenedione, Dehydroepiandrosterone(DHEA) and Androsterone.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

It apears to work
Entrez PubMed

It says it lowers E2 but also precursors to 17-ketosteroids, so it may lower other important androgenic hormones like Androstenedione, Dehydroepiandrosterone(DHEA) and Androsterone.
Life Extension Mix™ With Extra Niacin, 315 Tablets
D-glucarate is a botanical extract found in grapefruit, apples, oranges, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
D-glucarate effectively supports a detoxification process that helps to remove DNA toxins from the body.14,15
The daily dose of Life Extension Mix provides 200 mg D-glucarate.
-------------------
Calcium (as calcium ascorbate, D-calcium pantothenate,
218 mg

Calcium D-Glucarate2)
-------------------
Calcium D-Glucarate2
200 mg
2 - The use of Calcium D-Glucarate is licensed from Applied Food Sciences, LLC under U.S. Patent No. 4,845,123.
-------------------

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

It apears to work
Entrez PubMed

I put up a post about that while ago but they no clinincal proof to verify it

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I just read on how CDG works, I am starting to think its rubish, it works through manipulating the liver I think so it probly does change levels of a lot of other hormones.

Here is the study stating it lowers DHEA etc.

Dietary glucarate as anti-promoter of 7, 12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-induced mammary tumorigenesis -- Walaszek et al. 7 (9): 1463 -- Carcinogenesis
Using as a criterion the inhibition of serum ß-glucuronidase activity, dietary calcium D-glucarate is shown to serve as an efficient slow-release source in vivo of D-glucaro-l, 4-lactone, the potent endogenous inhibitor of this enzyme. Using the 7, 12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene model of mammary tumor induction in rats it is shown for the first time that feeding the rats calcium D-glucarate-supplemented diet after treatment with the carcinogen, inhibits tumor development by over 70%. Supportive evidence is presented for the theory that calcium D-glucarate inhibits or delays the promotion phase of mammary carcinogenesis by lowering endogenous levels of estradiol and precursors of 17-ketosteroids. Therefore, dietary glucarate can be used to lower blood and tissue levels of ß-glucuronidase, and in turn of those carcinogens and promoting agents which are excreted, at least in part, as glucuronide conjugates.
17-Ketosteroid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

------

Correction to 1st post
In rats fed a calcium glucarate fortified diet, researchers found that serum estradiol levels were decreased by 23% and the urinary excretion of 17-ketosteroids were decreased by over 50%.

Last edited:

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
CDG is supposed to get rid of bad estrogens. Women take it to prevent getting breast cancer. It is also a very good phase 2 liver detoxifier.