Prescribed Cabergoline/Dostinex for anti-depressant induced inability to orgasm...?

Kid

Awards
My question is I'm also prescribed HGH 1.35 mg per day.....I read that the Cabergoline can inhibit some of my natural GH production, is this true? And if so what sort of Cabergoline dose starts to significantly alter my IGF-1 levels? It would be a shame because the cabergoline (.25 mg 3x per week) has been helping but I don't want to see my IGF-1 number go down too much. Anyone have any experience with this or anything similar?

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
If your injecting HGH that means that any effect the Cabergoline has on your GH production is a bit superfluous cuz your by passing that step and putting the stuff directly into your body. Wich should mean it wouldnt have any effect on IGF levels. IGF would be produced in the liver from the GH you take every day (when insulin is also present in liver), so unless the cabergoline ALSO inhibits the conversion of GH to IGF, then it should be fine to combine the two.
Hows that working for you for orgasms?
I tried it once, and Im allready kind of a mutant in that I can have multiple orgasms (up to 4w/out stopping), but the cabergoline really put me over the edge to where I could do the multiples more consistantly. I've thought about getting more just for that one effect. Lol.

Kid

Awards
It's actually been working pretty well for me in that department. In the past I'd try to quit the Anti-Depressant or just lower it. Quitting it turned me into a complete ******* (maybe that's how I naturally am lol) and lowering it didn't help much with the inability to climax. The Cabergoline seems to have worked quite nicely for me. Now my girlfriend doesn't feel like a failure because I can't cum (there's only so many times you can use the "it just takes me a long time honey" line before she catches on). While I'm not a "mutant" (though I wish I was you lucky bastard) I'm able to climax 2 sometimes 3 times thanks to Cabergoline which isn't too bad for being on a fairly good sized dose of Effexor.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro, 2 or 3x's is still damn good even if you werent on effexor.
Thats cool that it worked that well. I didnt even know cabergoline was prescribed for that. (Now I want to get so more.)

Kid

Awards
It's prescribed for that but it's off label. My insurance covers 16 pills at a time so my doc prescribes .5 mg 3x per week and I take .25 mg 3 x per week....that way I always have some left and I can build up a surplus....I asked the pharmacist how much it would cost without insurance and she told me that for generic it's almost $1000 for 30 pills..each one .5 mg............that's some expensive ****.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Wow I just looked up cabergoline, never knew there was such drug wich would do that and never knew lowering prolactin work that well, LOL you would think this stuff would be all over the black market.

I read longterm it can cause hairloss and vertigo.... possibly psychosis. Short term, emotional sensitivity and moodyness.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look into histidine as well.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Histidine, after being converted to histamine, is released in large amounts during orgasm. It is thought that SSRIs, which increase serotonin, deplete the body of Histidine, since Histidine is one of the amino acids used to make Serotonin.

Histidine deficiency hampers ability to orgasm.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
L-Histidine
L-Histidine
$29.95 for 60 Tablets 500 mg
Have any body tried histidine, dosage, results, comments?
I'd like to hear about this as well! Now that my HRT has my test levels where they should be, which has all but eliminated my ED, I haven't been able to orgasm. The wife is tired of being "assaulted" by me trying to "finish". Frustrating as hell!

If this stuff works, I'll have to give this a try.

mranak

Awards
New study stating 29% of people using cabergoline had leaky heart valves.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-articles/57580-dostinex-aka-cabergoline.html#post699591
Yeah, I was disappointed to see that.

That said, I frustrates me that the researcher wants it removed from the market. This drug is very important to some patients with Parkinson's if I'm not mistaken. These patients and their qualified physicians should make the decision or whether or not to use Dostinex rather than an all-out-ban.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Well, so much for that idea. I was diagnosed with leaking heart valves years ago, although it is an extremely minor condition at the moment. No way am I willing to try it now.

mranak

Awards
Well, so much for that idea. I was diagnosed with leaking heart valves years ago, although it is an extremely minor condition at the moment. No way am I willing to try it now.
This information is hot off the press. So a year ago, you wouldn't have known. Just goes to show you gotta be careful.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
That leaky heart study was taken from patients with parkinson's disease taking upwards of 3 mg per day... that is a HELL of alot more than .5 mg only a couple times a week... so I wouldn't think that it would cause much concern for those of us who just want to lower prolactin.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
That leaky heart study was taken from patients with parkinson's disease taking upwards of 3 mg per day... that is a HELL of alot more than .5 mg only a couple times a week... so I wouldn't think that it would cause much concern for those of us who just want to lower prolactin.
VEry true and i just wanted people to know what the latest news is, you decide if the trade is worth it.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
3mg per day is a lot. I'm only taking .25 2x/wk.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
My question is I'm also prescribed HGH 1.35 mg per day.....I read that the Cabergoline can inhibit some of my natural GH production, is this true? And if so what sort of Cabergoline dose starts to significantly alter my IGF-1 levels? It would be a shame because the cabergoline (.25 mg 3x per week) has been helping but I don't want to see my IGF-1 number go down too much. Anyone have any experience with this or anything similar?
Lowered prolactin levels upregulate the HPTA and increase GH output.