Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
How accurate is this calculator?

Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator

In my recent bloodwork, my bioavailable testosterone went up although my total T has remained the same. My Free test went up also. What does all that mean?

My total T has remained the same (low normal range) after 2.5 months of ending post cycle therapy. What does that say about my HPTA recovery? Should I expect for things to get better with time?

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I never heard of bioavailable testosterone. The only ones I was aware of was total and free. Sorry.

earthdog

earthdog

Awards
Bioavailable T is free T plus "loosely bound" T. Loosely bound T is T which is bound to albumin.

I'm not sure if that calculator is right or not, BigAk.

earthdog

earthdog

Awards
In my recent bloodwork, my bioavailable testosterone went up although my total T has remained the same. My Free test went up also. What does all that mean?
Did they measure SHBG - sex hormone binding gobulin? That's the other thing that binds T.

So Total T = Free T plus loosely bound T plus bound T.

Bound T is bound by SHBG
Loosely bound T is bound by albumin.

Did I get that right Dr. John?

So my guess is that your SHBG went down.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Did they measure SHBG - sex hormone binding gobulin? That's the other thing that binds T.

So Total T = Free T plus loosely bound T plus bound T.

Bound T is bound by SHBG
Loosely bound T is bound by albumin.

Did I get that right Dr. John?

So my guess is that your SHBG went down.
You're correct earthdog... My SHBG has gone down from 48 to 28 resulting an increase in my free T and bioavailable T; although my total T has remained about the same level. I'm just wondering what that means!!!! Is my body trying to recover further??

BTW... My DHEA is on the rise also without supplementation.