Pregnenolone for weaning off HC?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Pregnenolone for weaning off HC?

I have a post below explaining my situation. I'm currently on 5mg HC which i tried to drop but had to start up because of adrenal crisis. I'm wondering if I added pregnenolone as I weaned off HC would it pick up the slack and produce cortisol or would my body turn it into other hormones (dhea,etc.) because of my inability to produce cortisol. I know testing pregnenolone levels for insufficiency before supplementing would be best, but want to come off HC so I can do a full profile.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

My wife used DHEA for weaning off of prednisone. It really helped. She still had a few really bad days, but she was feeling great a few weeks into the DHEA dosing. Her levels were slightly low before supplementing.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raw1973
    I have a post below explaining my situation. I'm currently on 5mg HC which i tried to drop but had to start up because of adrenal crisis. I'm wondering if I added pregnenolone as I weaned off HC would it pick up the slack and produce cortisol or would my body turn it into other hormones (dhea,etc.) because of my inability to produce cortisol. I know testing pregnenolone levels for insufficiency before supplementing would be best, but want to come off HC so I can do a full profile.
    1cc was able to do this but he is not on Thyroid meds. What are you on right now. And why do you want to get off HC and Armour is you feel so dam bad. I get my cortisol levels tested every 6 weeks on HC and Armour. Just to be sure it's not still to low meaning I need more HC or to high meaning I need to cut back. I take no meds before my blood work as per my dr.
    Phil
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what's best for "coming off" cycle?
    By mikey 187 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 01:17 AM
  2. pregnenolone for adrenal fatigue
    By cumkwakka in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
  4. Clomid or Nolva for PCT off of Phera-Plex????
    By INFLUENCER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 09:46 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 12:22 PM