S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
These are recent thyroid results......

3693 (FT4) 1.3 Range 0.8 - 1.8 NG/DL
4145 (FT3) 3.3 Range 2.3 - 4.2 PG/ML
4536 TSH 3.103 Range 0.35 - 5.50 MCIU/ML

OK........now I am confused, not to mention frustrated.

My Dr...who is very good, he is quoted all over this sight, says that it might cause a lot of problems for my adrenals if my T3 and T4 go from the middle of the range to the high end.

He seemed very confused by the fact that my T4 went up and my TSH also went up.

My testosterone seems to be getting lower so I may be going on that after my results for that come in.

Should I ignore my very good drs advice and try armour?

Is it possible my body needs more T3/T4 than most and that being in the mddle of the range isnt good enough?

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
These are recent thyroid results......

3693 (FT4) 1.3 Range 0.8 - 1.8 NG/DL
4145 (FT3) 3.3 Range 2.3 - 4.2 PG/ML
4536 TSH 3.103 Range 0.35 - 5.50 MCIU/ML

OK........now I am confused, not to mention frustrated.

My Dr...who is very good, he is quoted all over this sight, says that it might cause a lot of problems for my adrenals if my T3 and T4 go from the middle of the range to the high end.

He seemed very confused by the fact that my T4 went up and my TSH also went up.

My testosterone seems to be getting lower so I may be going on that after my results for that come in.

Should I ignore my very good drs advice and try armour?

Is it possible my body needs more T3/T4 than most and that being in the mddle of the range isnt good enough?
My Dr. told me for yrs. my thyroid is in the normal range and I don't need it treated. So I went out on my own and started reading every and anything I could find. I found out my Dr. was wrong dam wrong. There are a lot of people walking around sick as dogs hearing his from there Dr.'s.
Here are two good site to go to and read about this.
Stop The Thyroid Madness » Index Page
And this person did a book about it.
Gail’s Thyroid Tips
We can't tell you what to do we are not Dr.'s you need to look into this your self and do what you need to do.
Understanding Thyroid Lab Tests, by Ken Woliner, MD
I started on some Armour my wife had 45 mgs seen my Dr. 6 weeks later showing him how much better I was sleeping and feeling. This is how I got him to treat me.
Phil

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Phil....you have really helped me and I appreciate it.

That article was exactly what I needed. I dont read terribly well and need something in plain language and that was it.

I called my Dr today and had him start me on Armour.....

I swear I feel better after just two doses.

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Phil....you have really helped me and I appreciate it.

That article was exactly what I needed. I dont read terribly well and need something in plain language and that was it.

I called my Dr today and had him start me on Armour.....

I swear I feel better after just two doses.
great what dose did he start you at. Also get your morning cortisol tested with DHEA-S. You can't go up to fast on armour and if you feel hyper on it could be your cortisol levels are low. Getting on Isocort helps this.
Phil

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
He started me on 1/4 grain twice per day.

I plan to ramp up using that article as a guide.

Even after two doses....I felt much better after gym tonight. Normally cardio completely wipes me out, tonight wasnt nearly as bad.

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
He started me on 1/4 grain twice per day.

I plan to ramp up using that article as a guide.

Even after two doses....I felt much better after gym tonight. Normally cardio completely wipes me out, tonight wasnt nearly as bad.
I started taking my temp and charting it doing this helps you to see how your doing.
Temperature Patterns of low adrenal and thyroid function
If you morning temp before getting out of bed taken under your arm for 10min's is under 97.8 you thyroid is still low. Taking your temp 3 hrs. after your up every 3 hrs 3 times a day and charting the avg. it shows how your doing if your up and down your Adrenals are low and upping your Armour can make you feel hyper. I went up every 2 weeks 15 mgs at a time but I take Isocort 8 pills a day =ing 20mgs of cortisol. You need cortisol to carry the Thyroid into your cells it you cortisol levels are low it stays in your blood and you will feel hyper.
Phil