Help Interpreting Thyroid Blood Work Please

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Please help me interpret my thyroid blood work results guys. Also some other blood work included.

Range
TSH .254 Low .35 - 5.5 uIU/ml

T4 (total) 4.6 (almost low) 4.5 - 12.0 ug/dl

Free Thyroxine Index 1.5 (slight low norm) 1.2 - 4.9

Free T4 .9 ng/dl (mid norm) .61 - 1.76 ng.dl

Free T3 3.7 pg/ml (high norm) 2.3 - 4.2 pg/ml

AST 45 High 0 - 40 IU/L

ALT 80 High 0 - 55 IU/L

Triglycerides 156 (high) 0 - 149 mg/dl

THe liver stuff does not look too good but I did tie one on Wednesday night and got blood drawn Friday Morning.

Blood was drawn about 3 hours after taking 1 grain of Armour Thyroid. My normal dosing schedule is 2 grains of Armour per day split in twice per day dosages, 1 gram at a time.

I still have some hypothyroid symptoms (low morning temp, poor cognition) but I also seem to have some hyperthyroid symptoms (slightly elevated HR and some anxiety).

Wondering what to do here. Also I am on Prozac and Minocyclene for my skin. No AAS/PH/PS etc since mid August.

the link to my prior blood work is here

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/51378-thyroid-blood-work.html

Mr.50

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I just went though this with my blood work on thyroid. TSH is not any good on Armour from what I have read but I am not a Dr. turns out when we do armour the brain sees this and starts sending less TSH to the thyroid. I don't do T4 any more. My free T4 was about the same as yours .86 dam low and my Free T3 is 2.70 but my range is diff. 1.71 to 3.71. I am told Free T4 needs to be about 1.6 and Free T3 needs to be near the top. But one still needs to go by how one feels. I am taking Isocort = 20mgs. of cortisol a day and now up to two and a half grains of Armour a day. One grain in the morning and one at noon then one half a grain at dinner.
I chart my temps and check my morning temp before getting out of bed under my arm once a week still below 97.8 my temp in the morning is about 97 now up from 96 before treatment. After I am up 3 hrs. I take my temp every 3 hrs 3 times a day and do the avg. and chart it. If my themps are up or down more then .2 tenths it tells me my adrenals are on the low side and I watch for stress. Here is a link I use to get the chart and how to do this.
Temperature Patterns of low adrenal and thyroid function
Buy looking at you tests for your thyroid it tells me you need more Armour but if you feel hyper then you need to test your cortisol levels if low the thyroid med stays in your blood and does not get carried to the cells. It's the thyroid in the blood that makes you feel hyper. So do this first before trying to up your dose. This is a good site on thyroid.
Stop The Thyroid Madness » Index Page
Phil
Please help me interpret my thyroid blood work results guys. Also some other blood work included.

Range
TSH .254 Low .35 - 5.5 uIU/ml

T4 (total) 4.6 (almost low) 4.5 - 12.0 ug/dl

Free Thyroxine Index 1.5 (slight low norm) 1.2 - 4.9

Free T4 .9 ng/dl (mid norm) .61 - 1.76 ng.dl

Free T3 3.7 pg/ml (high norm) 2.3 - 4.2 pg/ml

AST 45 High 0 - 40 IU/L

ALT 80 High 0 - 55 IU/L

Triglycerides 156 (high) 0 - 149 mg/dl

THe liver stuff does not look too good but I did tie one on Wednesday night and got blood drawn Friday Morning.

Blood was drawn about 3 hours after taking 1 grain of Armour Thyroid. My normal dosing schedule is 2 grains of Armour per day split in twice per day dosages, 1 gram at a time.

I still have some hypothyroid symptoms (low morning temp, poor cognition) but I also seem to have some hyperthyroid symptoms (slightly elevated HR and some anxiety).

Wondering what to do here. Also I am on Prozac and Minocyclene for my skin. No anabolic steroids/PH/PS etc since mid August.

the link to my prior blood work is here

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/51378-thyroid-blood-work.html

Mr.50

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to hijack, but I noticed both of you are splitting your armour dosages. I am currently taking 2 grains, and I take them all at once first thing in the morning on an empty stomach - is this something I should ask my doc about? He didn't say, and the perscription bottle doesn't say to split the dose.

I only ask because I do feel a little wierd - kind of edgy, sort of the same feeling I get when my blood sugar gets low.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes you should split it up or else T3 levels shoot up really high and then fall off. That is the same feeling I get when on too much T3.

Mr.50
Not trying to hijack, but I noticed both of you are splitting your armour dosages. I am currently taking 2 grains, and I take them all at once first thing in the morning on an empty stomach - is this something I should ask my doc about? He didn't say, and the perscription bottle doesn't say to split the dose.

I only ask because I do feel a little wierd - kind of edgy, sort of the same feeling I get when my blood sugar gets low.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established

I got this from reading this site then asked my Dr. and he said sure if you can remember to take it. Some don't swallow it they put it between the upper gum and cheek. I don't do this it hurts my gums but I bite it in half when I take it.
Stop The Thyroid Madness » Index Page
Phil

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Any other feedback. PMG, I agree with what you are saying but I want to get some other opinions before I start down the Isocort route and am forced to take another medication for life.

Mr.50

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can anyone else chime in here? I would really like to get some feedback.

Mr.50

enzo1

Awards
Do you have any pain in the right upper quadrant in your abdomen or back? Stomach distention? Any noticeable skin coloring differences. How much do you drink? Do you use NSAIDS often? Sexual partners? Paroxetine is also partially metabolized by the cytochrome P450 (CYP) CYP2D6 isoenzyme. I believe P450 is an isoenzyme in your liver which when depleted can raise ast alt. How many vitamins are you taking at this time. Have the physicians ordered any type of ultra sound? How is your triglyceride, cholesterol levels. Maybe get a test for vial hepatitis. I would think it's possible after the test. What's the doctor telling you? Are they ruling out other causes.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil can help lower triglycerides, also milk thistle can help lower liver enzymes but dont know if it will be enough in your case. You should stay away from alcohol with ALT at that level. Although from what I have heard ALT doesnt get serious until it is higher then that.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Buy looking at you tests for your thyroid it tells me you need more Armour but if you feel hyper then you need to test your cortisol levels if low the thyroid med stays in your blood and does not get carried to the cells. It's the thyroid in the blood that makes you feel hyper.
Well;
my morning cortisol(7:30AM)=24.2 (4.3-22.4) is high
then tapers down and is
cortisol(3:30PM) 6.9 (3.1-16.7)
I think I feel cortisol level as energy in my body.
If I go by how I feel, then I would say that between 4-6PM it is lowest then starts going up until about 9PM when I am sleepy and inactive again for about 2 hours, then again I am good to go.
Should I dose my HC accordingly, ie; take HC at 4PM and at 9PM?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I bet you your homocysteine levels are probably in the high range and also deviation in ft4 to ft3 is your armour thyroid. How about your cholesterol, HDL, LDL, i bet your hdl is low normal and your LDL is high as well. Adrenal fatigue is most unlikely with high triglycerides, but it may not be able a bad idea to support the adrenals with a adrenal modulater (rhodiolia). What comes to my mind is insulin resistance/ dysfunction more then anything which could mean beginning stages of adrenal fatigue. Like prgmmer mentioned checking adrenals through salvia would be good start. Becare ful of self diagnosing on self because right now i am cleaning up a mess that some one created over a stopthethyroidmadness. com. A person was placed on HC and when the actually problem was enviormental toxins that affects only the thyroid and all she needed was armour to start up her thyroid again and not the HC. I finally got her balanced out and she is starting to live life again and becoming her old self once again. Life stlye modification, stress reduction, and liver pathway balancing was all she need plus the armour. Get your thyroid adjusted properly and cholesterol, triglycerides will come right back to normal. Hers were 290 after amonth on armour they were 190. I found out mor things that play affect into adrenals and depression. Research nitric oxide and adrenal fatigue. Possible we need to loo for things that are suppressing our adrenals as the possible cure.

Here is something to think about
If nitric oxide suppresses adrenals then shouldn't I person with low cortisol levels avoid food with argine in them since it triggers NO2 out put and suppresses cortisol and comsume more lysine which suppress NO2 out put. So a person who elevated cortisol needs more argine then lysine. Since excessive nitric oxide>inhibits the methionne synthase> reduced methylation decreases serotonin/melatonin production> leads to depression which can start a vicious cycles. Sounds plausible

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow thanks for the great post hardasnails. I was wondering, there is no possibility you are near the northeast is there?

In response to some of your questions, my total Choleasterol was only 156 and HDL was 45. LDL was 80 (all in mg/dl). Did not have the homocysteine checked.

The insulin resistance is a possiblity I have been looking into. I actually tend to get low blood sugar attacks though. I am
5'8'' and always hover between 190 -205 with varying levels of bf. Always have trouble losing that lower abdominal fat even when pretty lean everywhere else. Also have had life long problems with fatigue and depression.

I was thinking of giving Anabolic Pump from Synergy Muscle a try if I can get my hands on some as soon as it is released. It is supposed to be a very strong selective insulin sensitizer in muscle while decreasing glucose uptake in fat cells.

Does this additional information provide any better clinical picture. Thanks for all the help.

Mr.50

I bet you your homocysteine levels are probably in the high range and also deviation in ft4 to ft3 is your armour thyroid. How about your cholesterol, HDL, LDL, i bet your hdl is low normal and your LDL is high as well. Adrenal fatigue is most unlikely with high triglycerides, but it may not be able a bad idea to support the adrenals with a adrenal modulater (rhodiolia). What comes to my mind is insulin resistance/ dysfunction more then anything which could mean beginning stages of adrenal fatigue. Like prgmmer mentioned checking adrenals through salvia would be good start. Becare ful of self diagnosing on self because right now i am cleaning up a mess that some one created over a stopthethyroidmadness. com. A person was placed on HC and when the actually problem was enviormental toxins that affects only the thyroid and all she needed was armour to start up her thyroid again and not the HC. I finally got her balanced out and she is starting to live life again and becoming her old self once again. Life stlye modification, stress reduction, and liver pathway balancing was all she need plus the armour. Get your thyroid adjusted properly and cholesterol, triglycerides will come right back to normal. Hers were 290 after amonth on armour they were 190. I found out mor things that play affect into adrenals and depression. Research nitric oxide and adrenal fatigue. Possible we need to loo for things that are suppressing our adrenals as the possible cure.

Here is something to think about
If nitric oxide suppresses adrenals then shouldn't I person with low cortisol levels avoid food with argine in them since it triggers NO2 out put and suppresses cortisol and comsume more lysine which suppress NO2 out put. So a person who elevated cortisol needs more argine then lysine. Since excessive nitric oxide>inhibits the methionne synthase> reduced methylation decreases serotonin/melatonin production> leads to depression which can start a vicious cycles. Sounds plausible

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Get your self some biotin, panthetic acid, Phosphodyl choline 98% folinic acid, ect

to flushout stored fats from liver
10 mgs biotin a day (take away from b-5 they compete for same receptors in the gut)
panthetic acid 1500 mgs
PC 98% 900 mgs TID
200 mgs RALA x2 timess

1 TBSP of applecider vinegar 3 times a day with feed krebs cycle acetic acid
mag citrate 1/4 tsp 3times a day with give citric acid that also feeds other pathways

This will balance your methyation pathyway boost gluthione, and aid in detoification of metals, toxins, estrogens

2500 mcgs folinic acid, 2500 mcgs methycobalin subligual, 500 mgs TMG, 600 mgs NAC, 25 mgs P5P, use this combination 2 times a day. Before adding sam-e check homocysteine levels first. If low then adding 200 mgs sam-e x2 times a day. If elevated just go with out sam-e and add some creatine which will lower homocysteine and spare sam-e.

keep diet lower carbs under 100 grams complex a day, high protein moderate fat. i am sure your gluthione has been sucked dry and needs to be goosed up that will help with sugar imabalnce and aid in glycogen replenishment,

mineral support ZMA before going to be will help with low zinc and low magnesium (90% of amercians deficeint of any way

Gynnema - 400 mgs 3 times day will take care of blood sugar imbalances.

By balancing the liver you flush out the fats which stimulates the thyroid, balances blood sugar and prevents diabetes,
insulin resistance combined with low testosterone is a recipe for non clinincal fatty liver. If your cholesterol, tricycerides, ldl are low then how liver is storing them instead of being released into the blood stream. I have been to world leading expert on this and researched it thoroughly. If drs want to heal and prevent diseases study autism and you will probably cure or prevent 60-70% of problems of health today

Forgot need to add in super digestive enzymes for now becomes you are storing bile acids and i bet you when ever you eat high fat meal you feel bloated because lack of bile production which will also result in impaired liver detoxification (gall bladder is stagnant). Chinese dr summed it up best LIVER STAGNANTION is majority of what americans are suffering from, but after 2 years I now realized what she ment biochemically speaking.

If you want more information feel free to pm me
by way one of the moderators on stopthyroidmadness.com is now diabetic by there own doing. Self medication is never best rout without being monitored by a dr. What I am doing is suggesting ways of bringing body back to balance with stuff you can get at a healthfood store and making lifestyle modifications. If at any time you want scientific backiing I would be glad to provide it for you I have tons of links. Some times I wondering if drs want us to get sick so we can be treated. Dr johns concept of optimal hormone replacement should be mainstream, but you will never see the lab ranges that are altered to even ranges up to where they are more narrowed. If i did not goto this one dr I would not be as healthy as i am today. She has ranges where deviatioins 25% either way of the midline would trigger. She found vitamin defieincy, which where verified by indirect measures on other test. I was folic acid and b-12 deficeincy despite having elevated b-12 and folic acid in serums. This is common because people with insulin resitance and NASH, semi fattylivers can not convert and if not corrected will lead to cancer. Scare to think that 20-30% of population have altered conversion why cancer and disease are one the rise...

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Again, wow. Great answer and information. So are you a practitioner or not? If so is there any chance you are in the Northeast?

Mr.50

Get your self some biotin, panthetic acid, Phosphodyl choline 98% folinic acid, ect

to flushout stored fats from liver
10 mgs biotin a day (take away from b-5 they compete for same receptors in the gut)
panthetic acid 1500 mgs
PC 98% 900 mgs TID
200 mgs RALA x2 timess

1 TBSP of applecider vinegar 3 times a day with feed krebs cycle acetic acid
mag citrate 1/4 tsp 3times a day with give citric acid that also feeds other pathways

This will balance your methyation pathyway boost gluthione, and aid in detoification of metals, toxins, estrogens

2500 mcgs folinic acid, 2500 mcgs methycobalin subligual, 500 mgs TMG, 600 mgs NAC, 25 mgs P5P, use this combination 2 times a day. Before adding sam-e check homocysteine levels first. If low then adding 200 mgs sam-e x2 times a day. If elevated just go with out sam-e and add some creatine which will lower homocysteine and spare sam-e.

keep diet lower carbs under 100 grams complex a day, high protein moderate fat. i am sure your gluthione has been sucked dry and needs to be goosed up that will help with sugar imabalnce and aid in glycogen replenishment,

mineral support ZMA before going to be will help with low zinc and low magnesium (90% of amercians deficeint of any way

Gynnema - 400 mgs 3 times day will take care of blood sugar imbalances.

By balancing the liver you flush out the fats which stimulates the thyroid, balances blood sugar and prevents diabetes,
insulin resistance combined with low testosterone is a recipe for non clinincal fatty liver. If your cholesterol, tricycerides, ldl are low then how liver is storing them instead of being released into the blood stream. I have been to world leading expert on this and researched it thoroughly. If drs want to heal and prevent diseases study autism and you will probably cure or prevent 60-70% of problems of health today

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
By the way any opinions on the upcoming Anabolic Pump?

Also what is P5P?

Thanks.

Mr.50

Again, wow. Great answer and information. So are you a practitioner or not? If so is there any chance you are in the Northeast?

Mr.50

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
P5P is converted b-6 (if a person is missing zinc or magnesium, b2, about 50-60% of population) then this conversion does not happen and homocystein gets built up and does not make gluthionne, protein syntheses comes to a halt, tingling in arms legs, adrenal fatgue. I am near king of prussia. Before adding in new supplements get your self balanced first hormonally. Do not add in anthing to the miss it could alter things. If you are undermethylated and add in NO2 well you can pretty much guarranttee more adrenal and thyroid problem as well. Gynnema, r ALA is used by diabetics to help in controlling blood sugar levels, plus reducing nerve degeneration as well. Plus r ALA will help in creating atp as well. Keep things simple and proven too work. I only suggest what is clinically proven to work by scientific data.

need to get more information you are only getting hlf of the picture

estrodial
shbg
dht
free T
testosterone
A1hgc - extended blood sugar average over 3 months better indicator then serum glucose
dhea-s

might even look into Glucose tolerance test to get a better indication of blood sugar function

Simple principle balance the liver pathways helps to correct/support thyroid, adrenals, testosterone, estrogen imbalace, supports neurotransmitters, boosts immune system supporting gluthione production and also you help the gut lining to recover from leaky gut. Detoxify harmful enviormental toxins, remove unhealthy fat from the liver its easier to loose weight, plus reduces chances of insulin resistance and diabetes.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just ordered all of the supplements you suggested except the folinic acid. I am having a bit of trouble locating it. Any good idea where to get it (possibly pm me if you could since we can not post links to non sponsors)? Also should I hold off taking all the supplements?

In the past my A1C has been well in the normal range. My testosterone varies greatly throughout the day (range from the 300's to 700's). DHEA and DHEA-s normal. Haven't gotten the adrenal saliva tests yet. Estrodiol is always in the middle of the range.

Thoughts?

Mr.50

P5P is converted b-6 (if a person is missing zinc or magnesium, b2, about 50-60% of population) then this conversion does not happen and homocystein gets built up and does not make gluthionne, protein syntheses comes to a halt, tingling in arms legs, adrenal fatgue. I am near king of prussia. Before adding in new supplements get your self balanced first hormonally. Do not add in anthing to the miss it could alter things. If you are undermethylated and add in NO2 well you can pretty much guarranttee more adrenal and thyroid problem as well. Gynnema, r ALA is used by diabetics to help in controlling blood sugar levels, plus reducing nerve degeneration as well. Plus r ALA will help in creating atp as well. Keep things simple and proven too work. I only suggest what is clinically proven to work by scientific data.

need to get more information you are only getting hlf of the picture

estrodial
shbg
dht
free T
testosterone
A1hgc - extended blood sugar average over 3 months better indicator then serum glucose
dhea-s

might even look into Glucose tolerance test to get a better indication of blood sugar function

Simple principle balance the liver pathways helps to correct/support thyroid, adrenals, testosterone, estrogen imbalace, supports neurotransmitters, boosts immune system supporting gluthione production and also you help the gut lining to recover from leaky gut. Detoxify harmful enviormental toxins, remove unhealthy fat from the liver its easier to loose weight, plus reduces chances of insulin resistance and diabetes.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Need to get that testosterone stabilized. HMM i think cortisol salvia test would answer the fluctations of testosterone possible. As with PM well with any thing its a money thing of course LOL if its not the chicks on line from nigeria trying its something else HAHAH. look at my name and put one and one together that would tell you how to get a hold of me. Thanks for reminding about posting websites for advertsiing.

By way define normal dhea? normal for a 90 year old or more like a 25-30 year old :) estrodial is it over 30?

look up metafolin or folinic acid and you will get hits... should be bout 35-38 bucks for 300 of 800 mcgs caps

After reading those so many posts DR john was the only MD that even recommended or mentioned TMG..

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DHEA was actually above normal and the estrodiol was like 22 one time and 25 another.

Mr.50

Need to get that testosterone stabilized. HMM i think cortisol salvia test would answer the fluctations of testosterone possible. As with PM well with any thing its a money thing of course LOL if its not the chicks on line from nigeria trying its something else HAHAH. look at my name and put one and one together that would tell you how to get a hold of me. Thanks for reminding about posting websites for advertsiing.

By way define normal dhea? normal for a 90 year old or more like a 25-30 year old :) estrodial is it over 30?

look up metafolin or folinic acid and you will get hits... should be bout 35-38 bucks for 300 of 800 mcgs caps

After reading those so many posts DR john was the only MD that even recommended or mentioned TMG..

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
What is your diet like?
Curious do you use sea salts for salt or regular table salt?

How much salt do use or are you do not put salt on food for fact of blood pressure and other cardiovascular reasons.
Here is the reasoning due to the medical community putting such a bad wrap on salt people are not gettig sufficient amounts of iodines or are eating foods that are goitergenic which are blocking it from there body. If people use seasalts or not getting adquete amounts of iodine in there diet and are starting to have sub clinical hypothyroid problem. For some people yes they need to worry about iodine but for general population they are not getting enough of it or the right kind, What i might suggest is adding a few tablespoon of dulse to your food this might aid in thyroid plus provide nutrients easily assimulated for the body.