How long does it take to return to baseline

bobi

Awards
Based upon previous posts, you may remeber that I have been getting ripped off by an internet based anti-aging business. In addition to the price, reading this forum has convinced me that I really need to find a local Doctor. Using the sticky provided on this forum, it looks like there may be a Doctor close by.

I have been using the testosterone compound provided by the internet based company. Before making an appointment with the local Doctor, I would like to make sure that my hormone levels have returned to there baseline levels.

Does anyone have any idea how long this takes.

Thanks

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well obviously since you have been on a testosterone compound you are likely more suppressed than you were before you took it. This may even (most likely) result in lower than initial baseline numbers prior to your current treatment with the compound you were using. It may not move up again without a protocol to stimulate HPTA. If you did stimulate HPTA it is then not a true baseline.

My suggestion is to tell your new doctor the whole story. If he is good he will be able to assess the situation and determine the proper protocol.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Based upon previous posts, you may remeber that I have been getting ripped off by an internet based anti-aging business. In addition to the price, reading this forum has convinced me that I really need to find a local Doctor. Using the sticky provided on this forum, it looks like there may be a Doctor close by.

I have been using the testosterone compound provided by the internet based company. Before making an appointment with the local Doctor, I would like to make sure that my hormone levels have returned to there baseline levels.

Does anyone have any idea how long this takes.

Thanks
i see that you are 53. at that age you will not return to baseline. you are in all likelihood permanently supressed at this point.

it is difficult even for a younger man to bounce back to baseline after taking steroids (testosterone included). In some cases, it takes years.

bobi

Awards
I'm afraid there's no good answer to your question, as everyone is different.

Why do you feel it is necessary to return to baseline? Don't you have labwork from pre-Tx? When guys come to me already on TRT, I just take it from there and tune them up.
Thanks for the answer, there is no specific reason for returning to baseline. I just thought it was worth asking. Sounds like the best advice is to bring my pre-tx labwork, and tell the Dr. whats up.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
i see that you are 53. at that age you will not return to baseline. you are in all likelihood permanently supressed at this point.

it is difficult even for a younger man to bounce back to baseline after taking steroids (testosterone included). In some cases, it takes years.
Oh joy. More good news. Now I know why I have never taken steroids.

Wouldn't HCG take care of it?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh joy. More good news. Now I know why I have never taken steroids.

Wouldn't HCG take care of it?
HCG is fixing the sympton, not the problem.

LH and FSH and the hormones thats act on the testicles to cause testosteorne and sperm production. HCG simulates the effects of these hormones, and supresses them even more.

And it only takes years to recover from steroids if you dont run a post cycle therapy. Steroids users can recover in about a month by using HPTA stimulating chemicals.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HCG can "jump start" the quiescent testicles.

HCG simulates only LH, not FSH.

The only way to tell is to try and see what happens. But anabolic steroids and TRT are not the same with respect to long-term HPTA suppression.
HCG has been shown to stimulate minimal sperm production....