Stress dosing with HC when sick? Dr. John?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.6%

Stress dosing with HC when sick? Dr. John?

I've been weaning off of Cortef for testing(only on for 2 weeks and 2 weeks on Isocort ). I was down to 5mg taken in afternoon and was about to drop last dose, when I caught a cold 2 days ago. I've had a low grade fever 99.5-100.7 last two days (I'm hypothyroid so my temp usually is 96.5-97.5). I don't know if I should increase HC during sickness.
    I don't want to backpedal on my tapering dosage, but don't want to hurt myself from a lack of cortisol. I have extra HC and I also have Isocort I could supplement. Thanks in advance.---Rob

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by raw1973
    I've been weaning off of Cortef for testing(only on for 2 weeks and 2 weeks on Isocort ). I was down to 5mg taken in afternoon and was about to drop last dose, when I caught a cold 2 days ago. I've had a low grade fever 99.5-100.7 last two days (I'm hypothyroid so my temp usually is 96.5-97.5). I don't know if I should increase HC during sickness.
    I don't want to backpedal on my tapering dosage, but don't want to hurt myself from a lack of cortisol. I have extra HC and I also have Isocort I could supplement. Thanks in advance.---Rob
    Did you feel any difference while on Cortef or Isocort?
    What was your maximum dose and for how long?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.6%

I did feel better the two weeks on Isocort, because I had what I believe to be an adrenal crash after starting Thyroid treatment. I worked up to 15mg then crossed over to HC working up to 20mg. When I reintroduced the thryoid I had no trouble tolerating it. I then got the stomach flu and stress dosed for a couple days up to 30-35 mg then back to 20mg. I was on it for a total of 2 weeks then started to taper down for testing.( I know i should have done this first) Been a month now of HC total with tapering down to 5mg. While tapering I did notice days of dizziness, and low blood pressure. But I seemed stable at the final dose of 5mg after lunch, then got sick couple days ago. I also take licorice, ginseng, glandulars, and Vit. B,C, and multi. --Rob
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    Dr. Thierry Hertoghe taught me that just a bit of HC can stave off illness when administered at the first sign of same.
    That's funny you should mention Dr. Thierry Hertoghe, I just bought his book, " the hormone solution", very interesting and informative. I like his approach to overall hormone therapy.
    Well, I ended up taking an extra 5mg Isocort around 11:00am temp dropping within an hour. Took my usual 5mg HC at noon temp hovered around 99 all day till I dropped 5mg Isocort at
    5pm -hour later temp was down to 97.9 and stayed that way up until this morning. Last couple weeks I had tapered quickly to 5 mg, and was stable ( or at least my temps and physical state) but obviously illnesses demand extra cortisol. I wonder if I should stress dose for a couple more days. Hmm...
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by raw1973
    That's funny you should mention Dr. Thierry Hertoghe, I just bought his book, " the hormone solution", very interesting and informative. I like his approach to overall hormone therapy.
    Well, I ended up taking an extra 5mg Isocort around 11:00am temp dropping within an hour. Took my usual 5mg HC at noon temp hovered around 99 all day till I dropped 5mg Isocort at
    5pm -hour later temp was down to 97.9 and stayed that way up until this morning. Last couple weeks I had tapered quickly to 5 mg, and was stable ( or at least my temps and physical state) but obviously illnesses demand extra cortisol. I wonder if I should stress dose for a couple more days. Hmm...
    Dr. Jefferies in his book states to stress dose at the first sine of Flue then it will go away in 1 or 2 days he does 5mgs. of HC 4x's a day and says to stress dose to do 10mgs 4x's a day. Then to taper back to your normal dose do not just drop down after stressing taper back to your normal dose.
    SAFE USES OF CORTISOL
    Phil

Similar Forum Threads

1. HC stress dosing around rotator cuff surgery
    By qkcam in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 10:10 PM
  2. Dr. John--Would you treat with Hydrocortisone?
    By raw1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
  3. Stress dosing HC
    By punxweb in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
  4. What are the odds of my doc consulting with Dr. John?
    By CF10 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 04:09 PM
  5. Dr John, hMG in conjunction with hCG?
    By plymouth city in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM