Just got Cod Liver Oil - How much per day?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Just got Cod Liver Oil - How much per day??

  1. New Member
    BigAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Just got Cod Liver Oil - How much per day??


    1tbs?? 1tsp?? 1cup???

  2. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1091

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigAk
    1tbs?? 1tsp?? 1cup???
    Ok why yak:
    Phil
  3. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1091

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    A gallon.
    There See yek yek yek.
    Phil
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    BigAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    There See yek yek yek.
    Phil
    hahah.... Come on Phil.. Cod liver oil is one of the best things humans can take ---> Cod Liver Oil - Number One Superfood - Share The Wealth
  5. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1091

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigAk
    hahah.... Come on Phil.. Cod liver oil is one of the best things humans can take ---> Cod Liver Oil - Number One Superfood - Share The Wealth
    Just having some fun I would only take what the bottle says.
    Phil
  6. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4373

    Reputation

    When taking omega 3 I think of it more as a food rather then a suppliment, because it needs to be in balance with omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, the intake of these fats can vary day to day and vary greatly from person to person. Eventually you will find out what is the right amount to take for you based on general wellbeing.

    Personally I would prefere to get my Omega-3 and vitamins from seperate sources, as I have no idea how much vitamin A and D and omega-3 I would be taking per tablespoon of codliver oil.

    Vitamin A intake is usually supplimented at 2000-5000IU per day, and vitamin D is usually supplimented between 100-1000IU per day, Vitamin D can become toxic at as low as 4000IU per day, so you wouldnt wanna go too hard on codliver oil, although I imagine it would be hard to acomplish because if you were to consume too much omega-3 you would know about it. Personally symptoms of too much omega-3 for me have been brain fog and heavy breathing, wich quickly subsides with the intake of omega-3 competative foods such as chips.
  7. New Member
    BigAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Just having some fun I would only take what the bottle says.
    Phil
    I know... LOL
  8. New Member
    BigAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic
    When taking omega 3 I think of it more as a food rather then a suppliment, because it needs to be in balance with omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, the intake of these fats can vary day to day and vary greatly from person to person. Eventually you will find out what is the right amount to take for you based on general wellbeing.

    Personally I would prefere to get my Omega-3 and vitamins from seperate sources, as I have no idea how much vitamin A and D and omega-3 I would be taking per tablespoon of codliver oil.

    Vitamin A intake is usually supplimented at 2000-5000IU per day, and vitamin D is usually supplimented between 100-1000IU per day, Vitamin D can become toxic at as low as 4000IU per day, so you wouldnt wanna go too hard on codliver oil, although I imagine it would be hard to acomplish because if you were to consume too much omega-3 you would know about it. Personally symptoms of too much omega-3 for me have been brain fog and heavy breathing, wich quickly subsides with the intake of omega-3 competative foods such as chips.
    This is the kind of info I was looking for... See; I started taking two teaspoons of the stuff, and shortly after my intake of the stuff; unexpected strange feelings came about but disappeared in a little while. I had no idea there needs to be some balance between the omegas 3, 6, &9!!! I already take a tbs of flax daily. I guess since the balance is an individual issue, I'll start experimenting with my cod liver oil dosage in order to gain the desired benefits without the funny feeling I've been getting... Thank you for the info ItsHectic.
  9. New Member
    MegaCalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    122

    Reputation

    I used to take 1 tablespoon a day
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cod Liver Oil and Spots
    By Markio in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 12:31 PM
  2. Cod Liver Oil at night...
    By Markio in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 07:02 PM
  3. COD liver oil, DHA
    By conan1071 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 11:24 AM
  4. Fish oil- How much?
    By griller88 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
  5. 5aa cyp how much per week?
    By shredded in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in