Just got Cod Liver Oil - How much per day?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Just got Cod Liver Oil - How much per day??

1. New Member

Just got Cod Liver Oil - How much per day??

1tbs?? 1tsp?? 1cup???

2. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigAk
    1tbs?? 1tsp?? 1cup???
    Ok why yak:
    Phil
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    A gallon.
    There See yek yek yek.
    Phil
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    There See yek yek yek.
    Phil
    hahah.... Come on Phil.. Cod liver oil is one of the best things humans can take ---> Cod Liver Oil - Number One Superfood - Share The Wealth
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigAk
    hahah.... Come on Phil.. Cod liver oil is one of the best things humans can take ---> Cod Liver Oil - Number One Superfood - Share The Wealth
    Just having some fun I would only take what the bottle says.
    Phil
  6. Registered User

When taking omega 3 I think of it more as a food rather then a suppliment, because it needs to be in balance with omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, the intake of these fats can vary day to day and vary greatly from person to person. Eventually you will find out what is the right amount to take for you based on general wellbeing.

Personally I would prefere to get my Omega-3 and vitamins from seperate sources, as I have no idea how much vitamin A and D and omega-3 I would be taking per tablespoon of codliver oil.

Vitamin A intake is usually supplimented at 2000-5000IU per day, and vitamin D is usually supplimented between 100-1000IU per day, Vitamin D can become toxic at as low as 4000IU per day, so you wouldnt wanna go too hard on codliver oil, although I imagine it would be hard to acomplish because if you were to consume too much omega-3 you would know about it. Personally symptoms of too much omega-3 for me have been brain fog and heavy breathing, wich quickly subsides with the intake of omega-3 competative foods such as chips.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Just having some fun I would only take what the bottle says.
    Phil
    I know... LOL
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic
    When taking omega 3 I think of it more as a food rather then a suppliment, because it needs to be in balance with omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, the intake of these fats can vary day to day and vary greatly from person to person. Eventually you will find out what is the right amount to take for you based on general wellbeing.

Personally I would prefere to get my Omega-3 and vitamins from seperate sources, as I have no idea how much vitamin A and D and omega-3 I would be taking per tablespoon of codliver oil.

Vitamin A intake is usually supplimented at 2000-5000IU per day, and vitamin D is usually supplimented between 100-1000IU per day, Vitamin D can become toxic at as low as 4000IU per day, so you wouldnt wanna go too hard on codliver oil, although I imagine it would be hard to acomplish because if you were to consume too much omega-3 you would know about it. Personally symptoms of too much omega-3 for me have been brain fog and heavy breathing, wich quickly subsides with the intake of omega-3 competative foods such as chips.
    This is the kind of info I was looking for... See; I started taking two teaspoons of the stuff, and shortly after my intake of the stuff; unexpected strange feelings came about but disappeared in a little while. I had no idea there needs to be some balance between the omegas 3, 6, &9!!! I already take a tbs of flax daily. I guess since the balance is an individual issue, I'll start experimenting with my cod liver oil dosage in order to gain the desired benefits without the funny feeling I've been getting... Thank you for the info ItsHectic.
  9. New Member

I used to take 1 tablespoon a day
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cod Liver Oil and Spots
    By Markio in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 12:31 PM
  2. Cod Liver Oil at night...
    By Markio in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 07:02 PM