First HRT injection

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Well..I finally found a doctor that semi knows what he is doing.
Endocrinologist.

After about a 30 minute question answer session with me and after looking over my tests he asked me what I felt most comfortable with as far as frequency of injections..
I told him whatever is the smoothest so starting dose of
100mg/week testosterone cypionate.
He also discussed HCG. Said that in the future if I am intersted in using it also to let him know. Sent me to the lab for more tests..Prolactin and LH.
He gets a lot of points for talking and asking me questions..

Hopefully I have found a doc that will work with me on this problem..

At lunch I decided that it would be a good time to do my first inject.
Took out the depo-test 200mg/ml and opened up a syringe.
Screwed off the 22 guage and screwed on an 18 to draw up after wiping the top with alchohol rub..
Used the 22 guage to inject and it was surprisingly not as bad as I thought... Took the shot in my thigh..
All in all..piece of cake..

Just wanted to share the good news with the board..
couldnt have done it without all the great info I learned here about what to ask the doctors, what tests to make sure they give me, etc,

so thanks guys! and Dr. J.!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Well..I finally found a doctor that semi knows what he is doing.
Endocrinologist.

After about a 30 minute question answer session with me and after looking over my tests he asked me what I felt most comfortable with as far as frequency of injections..
I told him whatever is the smoothest so starting dose of
100mg/week testosterone cypionate.
He also discussed HCG. Said that in the future if I am intersted in using it also to let him know. Sent me to the lab for more tests..Prolactin and LH.
He gets a lot of points for talking and asking me questions..

Hopefully I have found a doc that will work with me on this problem..

At lunch I decided that it would be a good time to do my first inject.
Took out the depo-test 200mg/ml and opened up a syringe.
Screwed off the 22 guage and screwed on an 18 to draw up after wiping the top with alchohol rub..
Used the 22 guage to inject and it was surprisingly not as bad as I thought... Took the shot in my thigh..
All in all..piece of cake..

Just wanted to share the good news with the board..
couldnt have done it without all the great info I learned here about what to ask the doctors, what tests to make sure they give me, etc,

so thanks guys! and Dr. J.!
Good news.
Can you post a zip code of where the doctor is?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Great here is one better for you I do my Depo T shots every 3 days using a 27g 1ml x 1/2"lg. needle the T comes out of the vile slow but comes out I pull the plunger all the way down and just hold it until the T dose is over what I need I then push the T back into the vile getting the air out to my dose. I shoot into my thigh now pain at all. I can't see how you can shoot into your thigh with a 22g needle dam big my Dr. uses this size to shoot into my ass. Most do 25g you will tire of this fast. I also shoot my HCG into my Thigh the 2 days in between my T shots. I do this because I use up the T dam fast and this keeps me stable plus it keeps my Estradiol lower. You should have had your Estradiol checked before doing TRT.
Phil

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
You should have had your Estradiol checked before doing TRT.
I did..This was a second round of blood tests. and the 22 guage wasnt that bad. I also have a 25 guage but figured since the test barely went through the 22 guage It would take forever to get through the 25.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I did..This was a second round of blood tests. and the 22 guage wasnt that bad. I also have a 25 guage but figured since the test barely went through the 22 guage It would take forever to get through the 25.
I use 200mgs./ml of Depo T so to do a 50mgs. shot I draw out .25mls this takes less then a min. to draw out it comes out slow but works try it.
Phil

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
I use 200mgs./ml of Depo T so to do a 50mgs. shot I draw out .25mls this takes less then a min. to draw out it comes out slow but works try it.
Phil
Will do..
DId you start out on 100mg/week..?

if so, how high did it raise your levels or did it actually take you lower than baseline..

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Will do..
DId you start out on 100mg/week..?

if so, how high did it raise your levels or did it actually take you lower than baseline..
Before doing shots every week I was on gels and doing a 200mg shot every 2 weeks to keep my levels high enough. When I was doing this I have dam high Estradiol levels and sore joints and muscles. Starting on 100mgs a week fixed the pain but my levels were only 600 my labs range is 262 to 1593 so this was to low so my Dr. upped my dost to 150mgs a week in 6 weeks we tested and my Total T only went up to 650. This is when I talked him into letting me try HCG we started on 500 IU's 3 times a week doing this we tested after my 15th shot of HCG and my levels doubled. I never felt this good in all the 23 yrs I have been on TRT. This was the clue that I was not Primary but Secondary do to a bad head injury some 23 yrs. ago. Now we are treating my low normal DHEA, Cortisol, Thyroid and we just started 3 months ago so it slow going.
Phil