Switch from Androgel - Compounded product - Injectable ...

scrh1

Just got back from my doc here after moving to 10g of androgel over the past 2 weeks in order to get my levels in the 600+ mark as opposed to the 500 that I'm at now. She agrees that 10g of androgel is a pain in the ass to deal with and she is offering injectable as an option. I am not opposed to this, but would like to try the compounded gel/cream before I move to the injectable route. She is open to the idea and in fact very interested in it. Anyone have suggestions on where to point my doctor for a ggod compunded product. Does the lab that Dr. C uses ship to doctors out of state? Or should we start calling local compunding shops and hope for the best? I just want to ensure I get the best "proven" compunded formula. Thanks for any advice or assistance. Also, I had an issue in the past with what I thought was a "frosting", but in fact must have been some residue from soap on my skin etc...as it hasn;t happened again yet even at the 10g androgel mark. Thanks -scrh1

scrh1

Thanks - Another question though

Thanks Dr. C . I finally found someone locally on trt that uses a compunding pharmacy near my home . I visited and met the Dr. there as well as saw the facility and got the full tour. Pricing was less than my androgel on insurance which will be an added bonus. My local Dr. asked about co-treating me with you before moving to the compunded route. Is that still an option that you offer where you can work with her directly? Thanks in advance. -scrh1

scrh1

Thanks Dr. John. I'll call your office and get the ball rolling asap. I look forward to working with you. -scrh1