pregnenolone cream - AnabolicMinds.com

pregnenolone cream

  1. New Member
    sidnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    118

    pregnenolone cream


    anyone using it? good/ bad? any info would be appreciated.

  2. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    159

    I would also like to know how long after application, before one can feel the cream work? I take 10mg pregnenolone in the morning, and I feel it work within 30 minutes. Also, does the pregnenolone cream cause sleep problems?
  3. New Member
    sidnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    118

    1cc, why do you take it? what do you feel after you take it?
    •   
       

  4. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by sidnee
    1cc, why do you take it? what do you feel after you take it?
    I take it because I have Adrenal Fatigue. Pregnenolone is a precursor to cortisol, DHEA, Aldosterone, Estrogen and progesterone. Taking pregnenolone gives me a boost in cortisol, DHEA and aldosterone, which is normally lower when one has Adrenal Fatigue. After taking pregnenolone which restores these hormone levels, it effects a "feeling of well being" the same as when doing an HCG shot (which also boosts pregnenolone).

    Although I had already been supplementing hydrocortisone and DHEA seperately, taking pregnenolone had a very positive effect, probably because it boosts all these hormones simultaneously and in harmony allowing the body to decide what and how much to convert to and when.
  5. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1091

    Quote Originally Posted by 1cc
    I take it because I have Adrenal Fatigue. Pregnenolone is a precursor to cortisol, DHEA, Aldosterone, Estrogen and progesterone. Taking pregnenolone gives me a boost in cortisol, DHEA and aldosterone, which is normally lower when one has Adrenal Fatigue. After taking pregnenolone which restores these hormone levels, it effects a "feeling of well being" the same as when doing an HCG shot (which also boosts pregnenolone).

    Although I had already been supplementing hydrocortisone and DHEA seperately, taking pregnenolone had a very positive effect, probably because it boosts all these hormones simultaneously and in harmony allowing the body to decide what and how much to convert to and when.
    Where did you get the cream I was thinking of trying this my levels are dam low.
    Phil
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2414

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Where did you get the cream I was thinking of trying this my levels are dam low.
    Phil
    Does it have to be a cream?

    For the last two weeks I am taking LEF Pregnenolone 100mg caps, twice daily.
    Do not feel any difference.

    Couple of years ago I used Pregnenolone cream (do not know its potency), did nothing for me.
  7. New Member
    kincaiddave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    57
    Posts
    100
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    148

    For the cream or the caps - are they OTC or do you need a prescription?
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2414

    Quote Originally Posted by kincaiddave
    For the cream or the caps - are they OTC or do you need a prescription?
    No prescription needed.
    My current Pregnenolone pills are:
    Pregnenolone, 100 Mg 100 Capsules
  9. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1091

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz
    No prescription needed.
    My current Pregnenolone pills are:
    Pregnenolone, 100 Mg 100 Capsules
    From what I know about this pills don't work well and if your not having a problem doing the cream you will not feel it.
    Phil
  10. New Member
    kincaiddave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    57
    Posts
    100
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    148

    I should have asked in my previous post - where is the best source? Can you buy from Signature (the compounding company where Dr. John gets his)? Any contact info?

    Thanks!
  11. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Where did you get the cream I was thinking of trying this my levels are dam low.
    Phil
    I'm using 10mg capsules.
  12. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz
    Does it have to be a cream?

    For the last two weeks I am taking LEF Pregnenolone 100mg caps, twice daily.
    Do not feel any difference.

    Couple of years ago I used Pregnenolone cream (do not know its potency), did nothing for me.
    No, capsules are fine. I feel the 10mg work, so I am surprised you feel nothing with 100mg. I read somewhere that one feels the effect much more when one has Adrenal Fatigue.
  13. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by kincaiddave
    I should have asked in my previous post - where is the best source? Can you buy from Signature (the compounding company where Dr. John gets his)? Any contact info?

    Thanks!
    Pregnenolone pills or capsules can be bought anywhere for very cheap OTC. If you want to try the cream, you can get it compounded at Women's International Pharmacy - Natural hormone replacement therapies - compounding specialists for women/men for very cheap, but they do require a script. You can also get the cream without a script at a little more expensive at Pregnenolone Body Cream 2 oz by Life-Flo.
    This product delivers 15mg pregnenolone cream, which is equivalent to about 50mg oral dose because it is more bioavailable.
  14. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,318
    Answers
    3
    Rep Power
    755334

    Does BAC still carry it?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  15. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1091

    Quote Originally Posted by 1cc
    I'm using 10mg capsules.
    I just got my test on my Pregnenolone and it's going down last test was 21 now I am down to 17. One of the guys is doing 50mgs a day and has Thyroid and Adrenal problems along with low T.
    I ordered some HC and want to know if I am doing Isocort 8 pills a day can I use HC to stress dose if I am comming down with Bronchitis like Jefferies talks about in his book "Safe Uses of Cortisol".
    SAFE USES OF CORTISOL
    Phil
  16. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2414

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    I just got my test on my Pregnenolone and it's going down last test was 21 now I am down to 17. One of the guys is doing 50mgs a day and has Thyroid and Adrenal problems along with low T.
    I ordered some HC and want to know if I am doing Isocort 8 pills a day can I use HC to stress dose if I am comming down with Bronchitis like Jefferies talks about in his book "Safe Uses of Cortisol".
    SAFE USES OF CORTISOL
    Phil
    Pregnenolone
    This test is used to determine ovarian failure, hirsutism, adrenal carcinoma, and Cushing’s syndrome.
    Reference Ranges:
    Men:
    10–200 ng/dL
    Women:
    10–230 ng/dL

    LE’s Optimal Range:
    100–170 ng/dL
    Blood Testing Protocols: Online References For Health Concerns
    ====================
    You have got 17 now, me 23ng/dL
    it is far from 100-170 that LEF wants.
    And all the time I was taking 50mg with the
    Cognitex With Pregnenolone & Neuroprotection Complex, 90 Softgels
    after my blood test I have added
    2x100mg pills of Pregnenolone

    will see what happens.
  17. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1091

    I think we have to be care full I am on Cortisol 20mgs a day and I do Testosterone shots 50 mgs every 3 days and 400 IU's of HCG the 2 days in between. I take .5 mgs. of Arimidex every otherday to keep Estradiol down and I also do DHEA 25 mgs 2 times a day. Pregnenolone converts into these as HCG will raise progesterone my last test was .532 ng/ml range is .27 - .90 I don't want this to go to high.

    I am going to get some pregenolone and try 50mgs to start.
    Phil
  18. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2414

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    I think we have to be care full I am on Cortisol 20mgs a day and I do Testosterone shots 50 mgs every 3 days and 400 IU's of HCG the 2 days in between. I take .5 mgs. of Arimidex every otherday to keep Estradiol down and I also do DHEA 25 mgs 2 times a day. Pregnenolone converts into these as HCG will raise progesterone my last test was .532 ng/ml range is .27 - .90 I don't want this to go to high.

    I am going to get some pregenolone and try 50mgs to start.
    Phil
    Progesterone
    Reference Ranges:Men: <<0.3–1.2 ng/mL(no LEF recomendation here)
    Blood Testing Protocols - Page 4 Of 5: Online References For Health Concerns
    ====================
    On page 95 "Life Extension Revolution" by P. Miller
    Target Progesterone for men
    1500-2500 pg/mL
    that would be
    1.5-2.5 ng/mL
    ----------
    Page 242
    "Life Extension Revolution" by P. Miller Male Hormone profile
    -------------Normal ------Optimal
    --------------range ------ range
    DHEA-s ----------- 20-620 mcg/dL 250-450
    Cortisol------------ 5-29 mcg/dL 14-Sep
    Total Estrogens---- 40-115 pg/mL less than 100 (how to make this lower when E2 is at correct level??)
    Estradiol----------- 21-50 pg/mL less than 40
    Progesterone------ 300-1200 pg/mL 1500-2500
    Total Testosterone-- 2700-9700 pg/mL 6000-9000
    TSH---------------- 0.2-5.5 mU/L 1.0-2.0
    FreeT3-------------- 2.60-4.80 pg/mL 2.9-3.2
    FreeT4--------------- 0.7-1.53 ng/dL 1.2-1.4
    IGF-1--------------- 114-492 ng/mL 200-300
    --------------------------------------
    How to post a tables or pictures, instructions for dummies please.
  19. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1091

    Good info thanks.
    Phil
  20. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1091

    I found this looking for Pregnenolone gives some advice on taking it.
    Pregnenolone

    Pregnenolone
    Pregnenolone may help play a role in memory, mood,energy, PMS, menopause, hormone replacement, stress reduction, immunity, arthritis, and other conditions.

    Pregnenolone is made in a laboratory by conversion of Diosgenin to Pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is made in the body in many places. The most common places Pregnenolone is made is the adrenal glands, liver, skin, and the testes and ovaries.

    Pregnenolone can easily be converted into DHEA which in turn is converted into androgens, estrogens, and other steroids. Pregnenolone has the ability to form other hormones such as progesterone.

    Pregnenolone appears to be safe when the dose is between 10 and 100 milligrams per day. The average Pregnenolone production in the body is estimated to be 14 mg per day.

    Pregnenolone production like DHEA declines with age. It is estimated that Pregnenolone production is 50-60 percent less at age 75 than 35.

    Pregnenolone was first prepared in a laboratory in 1934. Pregnenolone was given to healthy young factory workers in 50 mg doses back in 1945. Pregnenolone administration improved production rates. From this study it was determined that Pregnenolone was effective in combating fatigue with no side effect.

    Brain function including mood, memory and thinking may be enhanced by administration of 20 mg of Pregnenolone every day for two weeks. Taking Pregnenolone may also help you feel more mentally energized,with improved memory, increased alertness, and a feeling of being more focused.



    This statement has not been evaluated by the (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
  21. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1091

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    Signature Compounding Pharmacy makes a 50mg per mL cream fro my guys. It works very well, and delivers about 5mg to the bloodstream. I like the slow and even delivery via the cream (as opposed to a gel--and DEFINITELY superior to PO).

    I now have all my TRT guys on pregnenolone, DHEA and HCG. The goal is to rebalance the pathways (best we can)
    Great this helps some but I can't buy from Signature with out a script my last test was 17 and I got that same old story you in the normal range. My labs range is 10 to 230 ng/dl.
    Yet my Progesterone is good looks .532 range .27 to .90 ng/ml.
    Phil
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. pregnenolone and dhea cream?
    By Whacked in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 11:21 AM
  2. Pregnenolone cream?
    By thomastobird in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 08:02 PM
  3. Pregnenolone cream for women?
    By FitGirl in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM
  4. Benefits noticed with Pregnenolone cream...
    By Kingneptune40 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 07:19 AM
  5. Pregnenolone cream
    By usufruct in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in