Marianco Thoughts - Rebuttal or Agreement?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Marianco Thoughts - Rebuttal or Agreement??

1. New Member

Marianco Thoughts - Rebuttal or Agreement??

Dr. John and friends,

Over at Meso-Rx, more and more, Marianco is stating the following in his posts:

"TRT ideally should have a target of getting total testosterone to at least 650 ng/dl, while trying to keep the testosterone mostly within the physiologic range, i.e. max 1000 ng/dl...If problems such as decreased sex drive persist when total testosterone is over 650ng/dl, then testosterone itself is not the problem. There are other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems occurring - which need to be evaluated and treated."

He seems to be repeating this a lot.

1.) Do you agree with this statement??
    2.) What does he mean by "other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems"?

Thanks,
    Bill

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by williamb13
    Dr. John and friends,

"TRT ideally should have a target of getting total testosterone to at least 650 ng/dl, while trying to keep the testosterone mostly within the physiologic range, i.e. max 1000 ng/dl...If problems such as decreased sex drive persist when total testosterone is over 650ng/dl, then testosterone itself is not the problem. There are other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems occurring - which need to be evaluated and treated."

2.) What does he mean by "other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems"?

Thanks,
    Bill
    1)I do not know enough on the specific subject matter to comment on this in any real depth, so I'll let the doctor take this one

2)He is saying that the male sex drive is a very complicated system that works through many pathways. He is hypothesizing that it may not be a lack of direct input hormones in the body, but the chemical messengers which act as intermediates in the process. Cytokines for example are regulatory proteins excreted by certain cells to direct the actions of other cells, prominently in the immune and endocrine system.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamb13
    Dr. John and friends,

Thanks,
    Bill
    Yes, I agree.

By other, he means dopamine for one thing. Have you read all his posts? Probably a good idea.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. p-GH: experiences or thoughts?
    By babyblu in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 11:54 AM
  2. Anadrol50-Once a day or Twice?Your thoughts
    By getswole in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 11:49 AM