Marianco Thoughts - Rebuttal or Agreement??

williamb13

Awards
Dr. John and friends,

Over at Meso-Rx, more and more, Marianco is stating the following in his posts:

"TRT ideally should have a target of getting total testosterone to at least 650 ng/dl, while trying to keep the testosterone mostly within the physiologic range, i.e. max 1000 ng/dl...If problems such as decreased sex drive persist when total testosterone is over 650ng/dl, then testosterone itself is not the problem. There are other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems occurring - which need to be evaluated and treated."

He seems to be repeating this a lot.

1.) Do you agree with this statement??
2.) What does he mean by "other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems"?

Thanks,
Bill

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Dr. John and friends,

"TRT ideally should have a target of getting total testosterone to at least 650 ng/dl, while trying to keep the testosterone mostly within the physiologic range, i.e. max 1000 ng/dl...If problems such as decreased sex drive persist when total testosterone is over 650ng/dl, then testosterone itself is not the problem. There are other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems occurring - which need to be evaluated and treated."

2.) What does he mean by "other neurotransmitter/hormone/immune system cytokine problems"?

Thanks,
Bill
1)I do not know enough on the specific subject matter to comment on this in any real depth, so I'll let the doctor take this one

2)He is saying that the male sex drive is a very complicated system that works through many pathways. He is hypothesizing that it may not be a lack of direct input hormones in the body, but the chemical messengers which act as intermediates in the process. Cytokines for example are regulatory proteins excreted by certain cells to direct the actions of other cells, prominently in the immune and endocrine system.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Dr. John and friends,

Thanks,
Bill
Yes, I agree.

By other, he means dopamine for one thing. Have you read all his posts? Probably a good idea.