Dr. John Starting injections need some input please

magic8989

Awards
I have just switched from the androgel at 10 grams a day to injections. My doc is staring me off at 200mg of depo test injected two times a week. I am thinking this is too high of a starting dose. I have read a lot of HRT since i started it a year ago and post over at the meso forums quite often. The advice over there was to just to 100mg either 2 times a week or 3 times a week. I plan on following what they suggest but would like your input as well. I am also on 4.5 grains of armour, 8 pellets of isocort, and take the DIM/Indoplex and TMG to control estrogen. Here were my latest labs.

10/7/06
Lab Result Reference Range
Total T 1435 ng/dl........241-827 ng/dl
Free T 233.9 ng/dl.......40.0-250.0 pg/ml
WB-Testosterone 16.3%.........9.0-46.0%
T3, Free 3.31 pg/dl.........2.50-3.90 pg/dl
T4, Free 6.9 ug/dl.............4.5-10.9 ug/dl

I know my T seems high but 2 months prior at the same dose and at 3.5 grains of armour my T was in the middle range. I made sure to shower before going to not have the gel on me and i did not take my thyroid meds untill after. So i am confused by these results. Overall, i feel quite a difference with the shots so far so i thnk the results from the gels might be misleading. Thoughts?

magic8989

Awards
Starting dose for actual TRT is typically about 100mg PER WEEK.

You are not on TRT. You are on steroids. Shame on whoever is promoting this type of "therapy" as "TRT". Your health is in great danger
Thanks for your review Dr. John. I cant say i disagree with you so i have not been taking that much. As a comparsion i do notice the shots so far are better for me compared to the gels because my DHT levels are not skyrocketing. No more excessive forehead zits and my facial hair while it still grows fast it not growing back like crazy as it was before.

I have been keeping a careful eye on any signs of excess estrogen and so far so good. One thing i should check up on is my systolic blood pressure though as it was at 126/70 last time i had it check and that is higher than usual for me. I normally am at 115-120/70.

Since i see two docs, while one is an endo, i got some upcoming blood results that will show what is going on. I have to use each of the docs to get my scrips cuz one sucks at thyroid treatment and the other sucks at HRT. It is not all that i wanted but i will get free T, progesterone, and my free T4 and free T3.

In the future though, i do plan on getting Hcg to help my testicles get back to normal size, and maybe end up dropping the docs and visiting your office. I only live about 1.5 hours away as it is.

RickM

Awards
In the future though, i do plan on getting Hcg to help my testicles get back to normal size, and maybe end up dropping the docs and visiting your office. I only live about 1.5 hours away as it is.
Wish it was only 1.5 hours for me.

I made the trip from Florida last week. However, it was worth it!!