Optimal ZMA dose/ratio

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My primary goal is improved quality of sleep, improved physical recovery and whatever GH elevation is theorized from the benefits of said.

I'm seeing manufacturers with doses all over the place. What's the skinny?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
From personal experience, I've found that just taking just the natural zinc, natural magnesium, and B6 tablets at your local grocery store have pretty much the same effect for about 1/3the cost.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Dymatize ZMA, cheap and contains tribulus, and some other stuff. Def. improves sleep, test production and all that comes with that... and the morning wood.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I thought all manufacturers were trying to duplicate the amounts used in that study with magnesium-defficient athletes. That's why I never paid attention to the doses. I guess results then would depend on how Z and MG defficient you are.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"That study"? Reference?

The reason I ask is because I have seen products with various doses and ratios. I'm not looking for a prodcut plug. I was looking for more understanding on what is ideal for my body.

Of course I will continue my own extensive research. I'm at work and bored so I started like many other newbies...ask questions before I do my own research. :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"That study"? Reference?

The reason I ask is because I have seen products with various doses and ratios. I'm not looking for a prodcut plug. I was looking for more understanding on what is ideal for my body.

Of course I will continue my own extensive research. I'm at work and bored so I started like many other newbies...ask questions before I do my own research. :)

SEARCH! :study: :lol: jk with ya bro! I havnt taken ZMA since i first started working out which was almost 4 years ago. So this is a pointless post but hey!

Jon DeVaul

Awards
Brian, I was thinking of starting ZMA myself. My question would be about overdosing. If I'm already taking zinc and mag. supps, and also a multi-vit and mineral, should I discontinue those once I start ZMA?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
450mg Magnesium
30mg Zinc
12.5mg B6

That is the patented formula but the FORM is important, zinc and magnesium should be aspartate, and ZMA really does work, i'd take it over basic Tribulus anyday.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I had a bottle of twinlab zma a long time ago that said not to takw with dairy products...anyone know why?