Testicle size and discontinued HRT

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
After dicontinuing HRT that lasted for more than a year..will the testicles return to previous size or will they stay atrophied?
Also..Will prior test levels before HRT return..270 total test.

I have searched and have not found a suitable answer..
Any info is appreciated..

Rip

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Have to ask why you stopped?

Previous level of 270 is not what I would want to shoot for even tho' it is technically in 'range'.

This is a question I would like to know about tho as I just started the patch and I suppose there are many reasons that a person may have to stop somewhere down the line.

knowing that it would at least be where it was as opposed to totally in the 'toilet' is worth knowing

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I was taken off TRT 7 times by them dam Endo's and every time I went back to my base line levels of 120. It took about 4 - 6 weeks I don't think your testis will get very big makeing 270 and how do you feel. I got so sick I was off work.
Phil

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
I stopped because of insurance..I was cancelled and cant afford (gels) more because I am considered "high Risk" because of a pre-existing disease..
I have found an endo who does prescribe injections (which is something I can afford)

I was just curious..It was just an "I want to know more" kinda question..

Let me rephrase it.

Is HRT caused testicular atrophy simply a cosmetic inconvenience or is it detrimental to health etc.?

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is an endo? Was 270 your total test count. And how are your other hormone levels.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
endo-endocrinologist
that was my total test..
my past docs wouldnt test for anything but total test.
Yes I asked..
also..anyone want to answer my previous question
Is HRT caused testicular atrophy nothing but a cosmetics issue or is it detrimental to health?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I stopped because of insurance..I was cancelled and cant afford (gels) more because I am considered "high Risk" because of a pre-existing disease..
I have found an endo who does prescribe injections (which is something I can afford)

Let me rephrase it.

Is HRT caused testicular atrophy simply a cosmetic inconvenience or is it detrimental to health etc.?
Well mine were shut down for 22 yrs and I am ok I think.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
endo-endocrinologist
that was my total test..
Yes I asked..
Is HRT caused testicular atrophy nothing but a cosmetics issue or is it detrimental to health?
Atrophy means your not producing. Normal levels are 241-827ng/dl so your like really low. did they test your FSH,LH, prolactin. I thought I read that they took you off at some point. I would say find a new Dr. My level is 444 and my Dr is worried. Im 34yrs old. When I stoped ( I had to ) I feel like sh&^ !!!!How do you feel ? Your not gettin gyno, or hair thinning with levels that low. Im worried at 444.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Atrophy means your not producing. Normal levels are 241-827ng/dl so your like really low. did they test your FSH,LH, prolactin. I thought I read that they took you off at some point. I would say find a new Dr. My level is 444 and my Dr is worried. Im 34yrs old. When I stoped ( I had to ) I feel like sh&^ !!!!How do you feel ? Your not gettin gyno, or hair thinning with levels that low. Im worried at 444.
Yes atrophy is causes from testicles not producing (due to exogenous test)
Doctor really didnt know much about HRT.All that was tested was free test even though I suggested several tests.
I took myself off due to the cost of androgel at 270 a month and no insurance to cover it. The doc at that point would not prescribe injections.
Normal levels vary from lab to lab but yes I have low normal or low depending on the lab.
I do feel like sh1t..Low libido, depression/anxiety, fatique (which could be to my "other illness")..the usual suspects!
No gyno or hair thinning..I believe (and could be wrong) that I would get those with actually raising my test, therefore raising my estrogen .Again I could be wrong.

I am not worried at all. Just wish I could feel like a 26 year old again and not a 50 year old (no offense to the over 50 crowd)

Was just wanting to know if the testicular atrophy was only cosmetic or was there a health detriment to worry about..?

I can handle little balls..just dont want to endanger my health.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
endo-endocrinologist
that was my total test..
Yes I asked..
Is HRT caused testicular atrophy nothing but a cosmetics issue or is it detrimental to health?[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen posted on this board it is mostly cosmetic and quality of life.

Also with shutdown testicles you will need all required testosterone added externally either as a gell or injection, (more testosterone, more $$$).

Additionally, working testicles produce testosterone to their best ability and also whatewer else that causes your to have a more ejaculate and more enjoyment during orgasm.

To keep testicles working you will need to do HCG injections.

See
http://www.allthingsmale.com/word_docs/HCGupdate.doc
on how to do it right.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hormone replacement therapy uses testosterone, which is the most basic and widely used hormone used by bodybuilders today. The testicular atrophy you got from your testosterone creams is the same as the atrophy from a cycle of steroids.

in other words, it is indicative of testicular shutdown due to inhibition of the HPTA, or the hypothalamic pituitary testicular axis. Your body registered that you had enough testosterone due to the cream, and therefore the "axis" that controls your hormone secretion shuts down the hormonal chain that causes your testicles to produce natural testosterone. this causes atophy, atrophied testicles do not produce testosterone in any significant amount.

bodbuilders typically use drugs such as chlomid,tamoxifen, anastrozole, and aromasin to stimulate the HPTA back into function. These drugs either prevent the formation of estrogen, which supresses testosterone, or block already formed estrogen from the receptors on the hypothalamus. the drugs that block the estrogens also appear to have a direct stimulatory effect on testosterone stimulating hormones.

i highly doubt a doctor knows anything about the proper use of these drugs for this purpose. more likely than not, your testicles will not recover by themselves any time soon, if at all, without these drugs.

your best bet is to obtain the inject prescription, although to be honest if you did a few days of research you could probably find a reputable underground lab that bodybuilders use and order plenty of testosterone from them for half the ludicrous price a pharmacy will charge you.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established

Let me rephrase it.

I can tell you that the atrophy does not affect performance any, however a routine PCT will help bring them back to previous size and funtion even after a year.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Ripw4: did you get the answer to your question (the actual question you asked)? I didn't see it. Did you?

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Ripw4: did you get the answer to your question (the actual question you asked)? I didn't see it. Did you?
Not really..I did come to the conclusion that it must be just a cosmetic issue although I cant be %100 sure..

Anyone want to answer the question with one of the following answers..

A. Simply a cosmetic issue..no need to worry
B. Its detrimental to some degree to you health (i.e. testicular health)
C. Your gonna die

Thankyou!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not really..I did come to the conclusion that it must be just a cosmetic issue although I cant be %100 sure..

Anyone want to answer the question with one of the following answers..

A. Simply a cosmetic issue..no need to worry
B. Its detrimental to some degree to you health (i.e. testicular health)
C. Your gonna die

Thankyou!
it is not cosmetic. your testicles are not producing testosterone in any significant amount if they are still atrophied. you need to either research a post cycle therapy protocol to get them working again, or go back on hrt if you want to get back to normal.

lack of testosterone is associated with muscle wasting, lack of sexual function, loss of mental clarity, fatigue, depression, and none of that is cosmetic. id say your testicles being atrophied is somewhere between B and C.

or you can just look at it as you will now feel the effects of aging at a highly accelerated rate.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
After dicontinuing HRT that lasted for more than a year..will the testicles return to previous size or will they stay atrophied?
Also..Will prior test levels before HRT return..270 total test.

I have searched and have not found a suitable answer..
Any info is appreciated..

Rip
Now my answer: depends on what you do after you discontinue HRT. If you don't do anything to attempt to restart your own system, they will probably stay small for a long time. If your diet is good and you exercise in a hormonally intelligent manner (allusion to Rob Faigin's book on the subject) you may encourage your body to restart itself, but it won't happen fast I don't think.

WF

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
what about while on HRT..is the testicle size still a health issue or just cosmetic..Starting HRT again in about 1 month and would like to not have to shell out more money for HCG..

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what about while on HRT..is the testicle size still a health issue or just cosmetic..Starting HRT again in about 1 month and would like to not have to shell out more money for HCG..
yes, while on HRT it is purely cosmetic, testosterone is what you want and HRT provides that so it doesnt matter if your testicles are not.

however if you plan on having kids then you will need hcg, as the hormones that stimulate spermeostasis are the same ones that cause testosterone production. these hormones are turned off while on HRT.

hcg will sustain spermeostasis, and allow you to have kids.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Well compounded 10% testosterone creme cost me a whopping 30 bucks a month, hcg is 75 for 4 months so that comes out, that a bank busting 48 bucks a month to feel like a man. Damn protein powder cost you more then that a month LOL. Check for thyroid and adrenal disorder

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Well compounded 10% testosterone creme cost me a whopping 30 bucks a month, hcg is 75 for 4 months so that comes out, that a bank busting 48 bucks a month to feel like a man. Damn protein powder cost you more then that a month LOL. Check for thyroid and adrenal disorder
30 bucks? wow..I will def. have to ask about that.. That damn androgel and testim cost me more than my car payment each month.
thanks for the heads up on cheaper stuff!