Gel Application

smitty4

Awards
I noticed on my tube of gel it says something along the lines of, "Apply gently. Do not rub into skin." I am a little confused, because I thought the whole idea WAS to get the gel absorbed into your skin. Perhaps it will be absorbed when as it evaporates, but how could rubbing it in cause an issue?

Thanks!

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I noticed on my tube of gel it says something along the lines of, "Apply gently. Do not rub into skin." I am a little confused, because I thought the whole idea WAS to get the gel absorbed into your skin. Perhaps it will be absorbed when as it evaporates, but how could rubbing it in cause an issue?

Thanks!
This is true if your using Testim you need to rub it in well but Androgel you need to just spread it out good but let it dry from wet.
Phil

1cc

Awards
If it's Androgel and you rub it in, it will stay on your hands and you will end up washing it all off when you wash your hands. With Androgel, just wipe it thinly onto the skin per Dr. Johns instructions and it will dry pretty quick. I think the instructions are on his website.

smitty4

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I have read Dr. John's instructions for application. I think what had me a little confused was the fact that I do not absorb it well, so I am using more gel than most guys probably use. As a result, I wind up spreading it out over my shoulders, upper arms and flanks. By the time I get it spread out enough to avoid the white residue, I think I just got the impression that I was rubbing it in. I am sure that all of it is not winding up on my hands.

Thanks again guys!