Starting...

gettingold

Awards
I've posted before about this, but I have an update. Got tested by my doc and found T levels low. He prescribed Clomid, had bad side effects (vision). Stopped that. Saw him again, tested again, prescribed androgel 5g. I'm 40 years old and honestly don't like the idea of being on this stuff forever. One concern was "exposure". I have wife & 4 kids. He assured me it was ok. "Just put a t-shirt on". Also concerned about testes shrinking (atrophy?) I'll start tomorrow and he wants me tested again in two weeks. I'm just a little aprehensive.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I've posted before about this, but I have an update. Got tested by my doc and found T levels low. He prescribed Clomid, had bad side effects (vision). Stopped that. Saw him again, tested again, prescribed androgel 5g. I'm 40 years old and honestly don't like the idea of being on this stuff forever. One concern was "exposure". I have wife & 4 kids. He assured me it was ok. "Just put a t-shirt on". Also concerned about testes shrinking (atrophy?) I'll start tomorrow and he wants me tested again in two weeks. I'm just a little aprehensive.
What about other tests?
Check your E2 and many other as recomended by our resident doctor
Dr John Crisler (blood tests)
http://www.allthingsmale.com/word_docs/TRT.doc
updated protocol
http://www.allthingsmale.com/word_docs/HCGupdate.doc

-------------
also check adrenals and thyroid

Cortisol 4x /day
DHEA

TSH
FreeT3
FreeT4
antibody
-------------
do not do any therapy until thoroughly tested and diagnosed.
post test results here with your complaints,
many smart eyes will see this and will help you.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Aprehensive it's like JanSz said get tested and find out why your low before trying any T meds. It's dam hard to find out why when your on T meds. A lot of things can go wrong that will cause your T levels to go down. So do the testing and post them.

Your Dr. sounds like it is up on this so if you had some tests done post them. Most Dr. put men on Androgel 5grams and have them back for a blood level in 4 to 8 weeks. Androgel wants you to be tested in 2 weeks to be sure your levels are up then can to down lower then your base on this dose. As soon as you add T to your body your brain will see this and stop sending the messages to your testis to make T. So you can go up on this dose and then when your testis stop go back down and lower if your skin does not let enough in.
Phil

FYI777

Awards
You could lower your dose of clomid and add Long Jack(increases free test) as a possible alternative solution that won't shut you down any.