Test therepy and blood thinners - AnabolicMinds.com

Test therepy and blood thinners

1. New Member

Test therepy and blood thinners

After reading the "sticky" "Male Hormone Modulation Therepy"I see where it mentions polycythemia as not being a problem if the amount stays in the 20-29yr old male levels. It also "shines as a blood thinner, preventing blood clots". I talked to my doc about HRT and my problem with blood clots(I'm on warfarin for life). He said he wasn't worried about clots, but about my heart. I did have a coronary cath done last year and my heart was fine-"normal blockage for my age". Anyhow, when I reminded my doc about that he said fine-go get the blood work done and if my test is low he would put me on HRT. I never went and had the blood work done yet. I used to do pro-hormones and they worked great for me, but after my clots(and a pul. embolism) I stopped all these type of things. I probably would go thru him as far as HRT, but I'm curious about the herbs and supps for someone like me-56yrs old with VAT. Also, would 6-oxo without any test therepy get the estrodial down so the ratios are better. Any problems with 6-oxo in my situation. Thanks. Jon
    Last edited by Jon DeVaul; 10-10-2006 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling correction

2. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Jon,

It is so very good to see you.

For those who don't know Jon, he is "A Board's Wise Old Man" long before I was this board's "Wise Old Man". I like him a lot and we go back. Some of you will likely feel the same after you get to know him some.

I know that Dr. John will come across this thread. He is in and out and is our resident true Men's Anti-Aging expert. I'll be sure to let him know of this thread.

Stick around Jon. It is nice to have you here.

Brian
  3. New Member

Thanks, Brian

Good to see you again, even if you brought that damn Yankees logo with you!
    •   

4. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You know these stripes run thru, true and blue.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Welcome Jon.
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon DeVaul
    After reading the "sticky" "Male Hormone Modulation Therepy"I see where it mentions polycythemia as not being a problem if the amount stays in the 20-29yr old male levels. It also "shines as a blood thinner, preventing blood clots". I talked to my doc about HRT and my problem with blood clots(I'm on warfarin for life). He said he wasn't worried about clots, but about my heart. I did have a coronary cath done last year and my heart was fine-"normal blockage for my age". Anyhow, when I reminded my doc about that he said fine-go get the blood work done and if my test is low he would put me on HRT. I never went and had the blood work done yet. I used to do pro-hormones and they worked great for me, but after my clots(and a pul. embolism) I stopped all these type of things. I probably would go thru him as far as HRT, but I'm curious about the herbs and supps for someone like me-56yrs old with VAT. Also, would 6-oxo without any test therepy get the estrodial down so the ratios are better. Any problems with 6-oxo in my situation. Thanks. Jon
    Hi Jon I feel some testing is in order first if your Estradiol is high and you not taking Testosterone it can make you T levels lower. But you don't want to mess with this with out some testing. Read the sticky TRT: A Recipe for Success and in this are tests and why.

6-OXO I here is a suicide inhibitor not good for lowering Estradiol it can take you down to low and it would take a dam long time for you to come back up.
    Here are some links for you to read.
    Medibolics
    Effects of Aromatase Inhibition in Elderly Men with Low or Borderline-Low Serum Testosterone Levels -- Leder et al. 89 (3): 1174 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
    Phil
  7. glg

Jon,

I really think you should go the way of the tests and HRT with your Dr.

I had an angiolplasty/stent placement last Dec, am on cholesterol meds and Plavix (not sure for how long..maybe a year maybe longer).

My energy crashed about 4 moths after and I went thru a s*** load of tests but am finally on Androderm 2.5mg patch (started 4 weeks ago).

My next set of cardio blood work is coming up and it will be interesting to see what effect if any the TRT has had. My TRT dr. isn't doing a followup til 2 months so I will have 2 sets of similar blood work ups a month apart.

I am planning on pushing for a reduction in my cardio meds and an increase in my TRT if the lab results are in any way leaning towards better cholesterol and continuing low T levels.

I am 58 so we are close in age and in some medical
    issues/concerns.

Start with the labs then with your Dr.

If there is no response then do a second consultation before starting your own regimine or at the very least run your plan by your Dr.

Then you may have to move on your own but you will have a little more info to plan around.
  8. New Member

Thanks, pmgamer18 and glg. I agree about doing everything with my doc's approval. He's a wt. trainer/mountain climber, so he's really into optimum performance and living as opposed to only surviving. Like I said, he's open to HRT for me if the numbers warrent it. I just want to go in with as much info on the health aspects of HRT. If I went in with the atitude that I just want to look better at the beach next summer I don't think he would be receptive:bb: (not)
  9. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    I'm particularly disposed to helping those poor Yankees fans since my Tigers sent them packing.
    Jon is an Indians fan. He always gets my sympathy.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Jon is an Indians fan. He always gets my sympathy.
    The Indians Fan's Mantra-"WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR"

That's why I'm posting here-I'm running out of years! Most people want to take HRT for either/or health or appearance(usually both). I just want to hang around long enough to see the Indians win the World Series:hot:
  11. New Member

Dr. John, thanks, for the reply-I do take low dose asprin every day. I have a question. The reason I'm on warfarin is because I had a DVT which went to my lungs and gave me a pulmonary embolism. With the studies that show the blood clotting benefits from HRT they mainly imply arterial clots(heart). I know there seems to be numerous benefits to HRT, but I was just wondering if the blood clotting benefits mentioned are different from what I have. I'm on warfarin for life, but that's due to some f..ked up gene I have(lucky me).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test cyp and blood pressure, anyone??
    By Presa in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 07:30 PM
  2. Low Libido And Blood Test
    By pintu in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 09:02 AM
  3. PH/PS and blood test??
    By borninsin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 01:46 PM
  4. Testosterone and Blood Tests for New cycle?
    By JayRock in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 10:51 PM
  5. blood test result and why is my test so low?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:28 PM