SERM's over HCG and AI's

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have been doing some thinking about the issue of LH stimulation when on TRT. I have also been contemplating the idea of excess estrogen being the prostates enemy.

A thought occured to me that seamed reasonable at the time and I wanted to air it out. I'm sure it is nothing that has not be covered but wanted to get some thought on it.

Why not use very low dosed (5-10mg ED) Nolva to stimulate LH and manage estrogen as opposed to pulse doses of HCG and E2D or E3D of an AI?

It is my understanding that it stimulates LH and it works as an anti-estrogen that may actually improve lipids as opposed to an AI that could damage lipids. Is this not a single drug that could provide similar benefits of HCG and an AI.

I'm still learning and so are my health care providers.

Thanks

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
AI's are just never going to be the way to go for TRT. I wish we didn't have to use them at all. Stay tuned--we are working on some things.
To clarify my thought: My thinking was the use of a SERM in conjuction with TRT as a means to control E and stimulate LH. But primarily to stimulate LH and bring some life back to the testes.

Sonicology

Sonicology

Awards
Just a thought, but wouldn't one of the newer generation SERMs such as raloxifene or toremifene be a better choice than nolva for long term treatment seeing as how they are supposed to be less toxic and carry less sides?

I'm thinking of running raloxifene for 6 months at 60mg/ed (possibly extended to 12 or more if results are good) to see how it affects my pubertal gyno, and a big factor in my decision to use ralox over nolva was that if I'm going to be using a drug for an extended period of time I want it to be as side free as possible.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Dr. John. Any more thoughts on this matter?
To clarify my thought: My thinking was the use of a SERM in conjuction with TRT as a means to control E and stimulate LH. But primarily to stimulate LH and bring some life back to the testes.