Lutenizing hormone....common?

  1. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    431
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    88.17%

    Angry Lutenizing hormone....common?


    Ok....I guess I am a wimp. In addition to some thyroid problems, I have low testosterone. I do not want to just take test until I rule out some other alternatives. My testosterone level is around 240 which is at the very low end of the scale.

    I am wondering what the experiences here are for people who have tested for Lutenizing hormone (LH)? From my readings it seems like if you have low test and high LH your testes are not producing much testosterone. If you have low test and low LH, you may have pituitary issues.

    Am I undersatnding this correctly? And if I am, what else should I be testing for? Any other ways to increase test without taking it?

    I am sure this has been asked and answered...but I am new here...aiight.

  2. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    265
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    64.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn
    Ok....I guess I am a wimp. In addition to some thyroid problems, I have low testosterone. I do not want to just take test until I rule out some other alternatives. My testosterone level is around 240 which is at the very low end of the scale.

    I am wondering what the experiences here are for people who have tested for Lutenizing hormone (LH)? From my readings it seems like if you have low test and high LH your testes are not producing much testosterone. If you have low test and low LH, you may have pituitary issues.

    Am I undersatnding this correctly? And if I am, what else should I be testing for? Any other ways to increase test without taking it?

    I am sure this has been asked and answered...but I am new here...aiight.

    I'd say that's about right, but have a knowledgable doctor confirm.

    Read Dr. Crislers TRT protocol for suggestions on what to have tested.
  3. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    431
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    88.17%

    Actually...it looks like FSH is better to test than LH because LH has a very short half life.

    Anyone have any suggestions for good companies to get this tested through?
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    431
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    88.17%

    Unhappy face is because I feel lousy and have for years.

    MY Doctor is very good with thyroid and adrenal issues, not so much with testosterone. I am not just concerned with the fact that my testosterone is low, but why it is low.

    Estrogen was high so I am reluctant to take testsosterone. I did just start taking Arimidex so hopefully estrogen is falling and test is rising.
  5. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    431
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    88.17%

    Thanks Dr John.....I actually am not here for TRT, but am aware that is part of the problem.

    My thyroid and adrenals are both very hypo and need some help but luckily I have one of the best Drs around for that (Dr Rind).

    All along everyone has done everything they could do to convince me I had depression. My take has always been that low metabolic energy and generally feeling lousy also lead to "depression". Its almost like Drs get some sort of commission when they diagnose a patient with that.

    Ironcially, low energy also makes sleep difficult. Your adrenals need to be functioning to give you enough energy to sleep
  6. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1093
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    5.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn
    Thanks Dr John.....I actually am not here for TRT, but am aware that is part of the problem.

    My thyroid and adrenals are both very hypo and need some help but luckily I have one of the best Drs around for that (Dr Rind).

    All along everyone has done everything they could do to convince me I had depression. My take has always been that low metabolic energy and generally feeling lousy also lead to "depression". Its almost like Drs get some sort of commission when they diagnose a patient with that.

    Ironcially, low energy also makes sleep difficult. Your adrenals need to be functioning to give you enough energy to sleep
    I am with you on that I have been treating this for 4 months now first started treating low adrenals then about 6 weeks ago started on thyroid. I can't wait to get my engery back I am so dam tired of forcing my self to do things. And dam sick of family saying it's all in your head your depressed they are as bad as some Dr.'s.
    Phil
  7. New Member
    TheGame46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    231
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    you can't just take LH, unless your goal is chemical castration.
    LH must be released in a pulsatile member, constant LH stimulation on the testes results in shutting them down completely. I beleive its 97% as effect at reducing testosterone as physically removing the testes. Otherwise it would be great for PCT.
  8. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1093
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    5.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGame46
    you can't just take LH, unless your goal is chemical castration.
    LH must be released in a pulsatile member, constant LH stimulation on the testes results in shutting them down completely. I beleive its 97% as effect at reducing testosterone as physically removing the testes. Otherwise it would be great for post cycle therapy.
    Well I take HCG this gets my testis working I am on TRT been on it for 22yrs my testis got dam small on TRT when I added HCG witch acts like LH my testis came back and I feel much better. What your saying what do you base this on.
    Phil
  9. New Member
    TheGame46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    231
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Well I take HCG this gets my testis working I am on TRT been on it for 22yrs my testis got dam small on TRT when I added HCG witch acts like LH my testis came back and I feel much better. What your saying what do you base this on.
    Phil
    you will get an initial surge of test yes from the initial stimulation by the LH, but if you take anything that causes the stimulation to constantly be applied like LHRH or high dose HCG continuously, the testes will shut of
  10. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    431
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    88.17%

    But dont you take HCG only occassionally?

    Also I have seen that you do not need to stop taking cremes...I dont trust that so I would want to take something once in a while.

    I am sure its in the articles.....I just havent read all of them yet.
  11. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1093
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    5.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGame46
    you will get an initial surge of test yes from the initial stimulation by the LH, but if you take anything that causes the stimulation to constantly be applied like LHRH or high dose HCG continuously, the testes will shut of
    Sure we know this after all this is Dr. John's site you did not post it like this you sounded like if one uses LH they will kill there testis this is true if your doing more then your Testis can handle we are talking about 250 IU's to 500 IU's 2 or 3 times a week. Not 1500 IU's.
    Phil
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Exposure To Common Exercises
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 07:52 PM
  2. How to use insulin - the most anabolic hormone
    By Trevdog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 06:35 AM
  3. how to administer growth hormone
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 11:56 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 09:03 AM
  5. Common chemicals
    By BigBenn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2002, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in