Advice on lab results

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Advice on lab results

i just got back my lab results done by an internet anti aging service. i was hoping to get some feedback from the more knowledgeable people on this board for any reccomended next steps.

My biggest problem from a symptom standpoint right now is fatigue and very low energy levels. I am 53 years old and my libido is not what it used to be, but I do not have ED.

Total Testosterone 386
    Free Testosterone 82

Insulin Like Growth factor 1 152
    Lutenizing Hormone 3.3

My cholestorol levels came in high

Total 224
    Triglecerides 158
    HDL 41
    LDL 151

The Cholesterol is interesting as I just had it done by ny primary care Physician 3 weeks aga

Total 177
    triglecerides 109
    HDL 39
    LDL 116

My primary care physician recommended fish oil caps for the HDL

Please let me know your thoughts

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

One correction, I believe the free testosterone is 8.2 pg/ml
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bobi
    i just got back my lab results done by an internet anti aging service. i was hoping to get some feedback from the more knowledgeable people on this board for any reccomended next steps.

My biggest problem from a symptom standpoint right now is fatigue and very low energy levels. I am 53 years old and my libido is not what it used to be, but I do not have ED.

Total Testosterone 386
    Free Testosterone 82

Insulin Like Growth factor 1 152
    Lutenizing Hormone 3.3

My cholestorol levels came in high

Total 224
    Triglecerides 158
    HDL 41
    LDL 151

The Cholesterol is interesting as I just had it done by ny primary care Physician 3 weeks aga

Total 177
    triglecerides 109
    HDL 39
    LDL 116

My primary care physician recommended fish oil caps for the HDL

Please let me know your thoughts
    The best advice I can give you is get more testing done try to find out why your T levels are so low. Estradiol is one you do need done if high can make your T levels low. Read the Sticky TRT: A Recipe for Success and get the tests in this also have your morning cortisol levels check with thyroid seems like a lot of us have a problem with this and low T.
    Phil
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Estradiol was less then 20.

Any more advice would be appreciated. the Goal of the internet suppliers is to sell you both testosterone and HGH. They have already reccomended I do both at a cost of $1200 per month
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Estradiol was less then 20.

Any more advice would be appreciated. the Goal of the internet suppliers is to sell you both testosterone and HGH. They have already reccomended I do both at a cost of $1200 per month
    Yes Wow that is a lot of money I would not mess with HGH unless you have a test that shows your not getting it do to a bad pituitary. I talk to some men on this and they don't feel good a lot of things can make IGF-1 look low. If I were you I would find a Dr. that is up on hormones or ask your family Dr. to test and treat you use Dr. John. You need much more things tested and looked at by a dam good Dr. Not one that just looks at the labs range and tells you your in the range so your ok. Low normal for a lot of things can make you sick and feel bad. Cortisol, DHEA, Testosterone, Thyroid, Glucose and so on.
    Phil
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Yes Wow that is a lot of money I would not mess with HGH unless you have a test that shows your not getting it do to a bad pituitary. I talk to some men on this and they don't feel good a lot of things can make IGF-1 look low. If I were you I would find a Dr. that is up on hormones or ask your family Dr. to test and treat you use Dr. John. You need much more things tested and looked at by a dam good Dr. Not one that just looks at the labs range and tells you your in the range so your ok. Low normal for a lot of things can make you sick and feel bad. Cortisol, DHEA, Testosterone, Thyroid, Glucose and so on.
    Phil
    I already ordered the testosterone cream, and told them to hold off on the HGH.
    Any advice from Dr. John would be appreciated
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.26%

Were both cholesterol tests done after 'fasting' for 12 hours?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%

It's hard to interpret these without knowing the "normal ranges"
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

This is screaming thyroid imbalance as well as possible estrogen dominance and insulin resistance. Once you balance one things are like a domino and may restore the others. For crying out loud I beleive dr john is located in michagen you lucky dog you ...i think his website is www.allmales.com
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.12%

Dr. John's site is actually www dot all things male dot com. I guess I have to put the address in that way till I have been around longer?

By the way, I hope we feel the good doctor's presence again soon.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.36%

Yes i will rub my belly and see if he appears LOL thanks for the correct website
  12. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think he posted about a week ago that his dog died, his houses electrical system died and he adopted 3 laptops from the shelter so he was REALLY busy. Or something like that

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Thanks for the input, both cholesterol tests were done after 12 hours fasting.

The comment about insulin resistence makes sense as I get hypoglycemic rather easily.

Looks like I need to find a local Dr. that knows something about his. Might be tough in Vermont
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    I realize my math skills have fallen off severely since they put those two letters after my name (was an Honors calculus student years ago--now can hardly add and subtract) but this comes to a bit less than $1200 per month.

Get with someone who knows what they are doing. AND actually cares about your health.
    y=mx+b

Just in case you need that for something. :-)

WF
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.36%

Ask dr for GTT (gluose tolerance test) with fasting insulin total and free probably most important test that can be run because my resting glucose level was 80 give me 75 grams pure sugar went to 160 which is prefect 2 hours later it was 60 then 3 hours later 43. This is known as reactive hypoglycemia which alot of people have and do not even know it. Thyroid /inuslin / adrenal/ testosterone imbalances. Most diabetes have low testosterone and thyroid as well as depression due to altered metabolism of trytophan. Most hypoadrenic people are hypoglycemic. Everything is interlinked when one goes out the domino affect begins. Research something known as metabolic syndrome or syndrome X. Life style modification/ stress reduction modification may have major impact on bringing balance back to your body. All comes to down to stress (mental phyiscal emotioin, enviromental) all kinds attacks the HPA axis and short circuits it . As people we need to look at the top of the water fall instead of looking at bottom up. If there are hidden stress and people do not want to take the time to change there ways or its just not physical possible to then medical intervention is need.

Sydrome x = hyperinsulemia which needs to be identified by clincal tests and do not be fooled by you "assuiming hypo after a meal" symptoms of high and low are very close related. i almost severely hurt my father. He got tired and dizzy and all other times just give him orange juice. well this time instead of being low he was high gave him Oj and took sugar it was 500 So i gave him some insulin to bring it down and he was fine.

Also to how is your sleep hygiene. do you get a good night sleep or have irregular sleeping pattern. This will through your into total chaos if your bio rythme is out of wack.

Not getting enough sleep lowers melatonin/serotonin which cortisol raises and the chain of events begin known as stress
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Thanks for the reply, that was very infomative. My stress level has been very high, and I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. I just recently made a job change which reduced some of the stress, and I am sleeping a little better.

I had a feeling that my tendency towards Hypoglycemia was a problem, I am also going to cut back on the caffiene and watch what I eat.
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.36%

If you are having problems with sleeping that lower melatonin causes excessive cortisol release and when cortisol rises so does insulin and over time body because resistant to the insulin so it has to pump out more and more evenutally wearing out the pancreases. Basically your body is kicking out cortisol and insulin. Your brain is on over driving with norepherine, adrenaline and body is serotonin levels are artifically being raised by the caffine. Caffine only feeds into the problem causes fluctations in the blood sugar and other hormonal cascasdes. If you are having blood sugar problems could be lacking in potassium, magneium, zinc. These minerals slow the body down lower insulin and cortisol levels and calm the body. Caffeine and stress speed it up and eventually burn it out. Been there did that done it. There is a nice formula called ZMA might good to take before you go to bed to help replenish the body of 2 vitamin minerals all americans pretty much lack suffienct levels of.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    Holy Smokes! I need to raise my prices!

For those of you who are already my patients, JUST KIDDING.

A patient of mine on 1IU of GH per day and 100mg of test cyp per week would pay about a quarter of that.
    Dr. John,

Do your patients require a physical visit, or can you work virtually?

Thanks
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.08%

Dr. John,

Do your patients require a physical visit, or can you work virtually?

Thanks
    He requires a visit in person the first time.
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.36%

He may also possibly consult with your dr to help guide him with treatment, based on specific lab blood tests, but trying to find that open minded of a dr is hard to do. If you got the money and time and want to get problems addressed Bbuck is right go see him. I am sure it will be well worth your travels

Similar Forum Threads

1. Labs tests in - Free T low - Need advice on what to do next
    By sp00ked in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM
  2. Lab Results.. Please Advice
    By jonesboy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 11:56 AM
  3. Board Veterans........Need advice on test results...
    By Kingneptune40 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 11:21 PM
  4. Lab Results after 1 month on Androgel
    By Rausch in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
  5. Hello... Advice on Lab tests for newbie
    By aculpep in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 10:52 PM