Why does it drip soooo Long ??

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Kinda of an embarassing question. But I am having this problem, so I figured I would ask..

I am 38 yrs old, and it seems over the last two to three yrs, That when I have to go urinate , I will have to stand there forever to get every stinkin last drop out, or if I don't, It will start to leak until it all comes out. Which in turn leads to a wet spot on your underwear, or even worse on your pants..

So, Now when I go, I make sure I wait until its all done.

What is exactly happening ? Why can I not just shut it off like I did whan I was younger ? Why does it continue to drip urine ?

Thanks for any help... And what can I do to stop this ?

Thanks again

Guess I am just getting old, Guess I need to start looking in to some depends..:icon_lol: :jaw:

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
See a Uro it can be an infection or you prostate is Enlarged. I had this problem for yrs even had it reamed out never do this never never. After it came back in a yr. I had slow voiding and 8 bladder infections a yr. I started taking cranbarry tablets to keep the infections down this helped. But what I later found out was this was caused by high Estradiol levels when I took Arimidex and got them down my prostate went down. Problem gone. Now thats me my brother is in bad shape he needs to stick a tube up his penis to void he put off seeing a Uro about this and now he can't void and his bladder is enlarged and his kidneys are inflamed.
So his Dr. has him shoving this tube up his penis hoping things will repaire them selfs.

One thing I did was to sit down to void it helps your badder empty if you lean forward.

Cranberry Plus, 90 tabs, Futurebiotics - Futurebiotics up to 40% Off

My brother told his Uro about what I told him on high Estradiol and he blow it off. Have your Estradiol checked at your family Dr.'s office.

Turns out there is a small part of the uterus and high levels of Estradiol "E2" cause it to become inflamed or lager.
Phil

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Wow, Interesting info pmgamer18.. Thanks for your help. I think its time for a physical anyway...

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Wow, Interesting info pmgamer18.. Thanks for your help. I think its time for a physical anyway...
Good Idea this way you will not end up like my brother. We men tend to push things that involve the penis back and hope like hell it will go away on it's own. But this is not the case If our penis in not working right this is a flag going up to see a Dr. fast.
Phil

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
It all works fine, Just seem to have to stand at the toilet longer for it to stop ... Used to be ... When your done, it was done, and no having to wait around. Just shook it a bit, and that was it.. Now it takes a good 30 to 45 sec until its done dripping.. :blink:

smitty4

Awards
I know exactly what you mean. Maybe kegels would help.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I do a buttload of ab work, not sure if its the same or not. Heck, I can cut it off in mid stream, but at the end, it will have to drip for awhile..
I may be mistaken, but it seems there are alot of older guys that have this problem. Or so it seems. They stand at the pot for along time. I know if some who actually put toilet paper in front to catch the last remaining drips.
I am not at that point yet. I think I would rather just stand there a bit longer...

undecipherable

Board Supporter
Awards
Are you taking any stims? E, for instance, will do this.

the Cardinal

Awards
Kinda of an embarassing question. But I am having this problem, so I figured I would ask..

I am 38 yrs old, and it seems over the last two to three yrs, That when I have to go urinate , I will have to stand there forever to get every stinkin last drop out, or if I don't, It will start to leak until it all comes out. Which in turn leads to a wet spot on your underwear, or even worse on your pants..

So, Now when I go, I make sure I wait until its all done.

What is exactly happening ? Why can I not just shut it off like I did whan I was younger ? Why does it continue to drip urine ?

Thanks for any help... And what can I do to stop this ?

Thanks again

Guess I am just getting old, Guess I need to start looking in to some depends..:icon_lol: :jaw:
If the dribblin' and drabblin' is due to BPH, Saw Palmetto Extract and/or Nettle Root Extract are inexpensive supplements that may provide some relief.

I've used Saw Palmetto to relieve the penile/urinary tract constriction that I invariably experience on high-dose ephedrine/caffeine. Although I've never used Nettle Root Extract for this purpose, there seems to be some evidence that it's helpful with regard to BPH.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, All is good and strong... Just hate standing there the extra 30 seconds or so to make sure all is done before I walk off. Like I said... Used to be... When i was done... I was done. Now its not that way.

Is this something that I need to looked at ASAP ??? Or is it something that can wait until maybe December ?

Operator

Awards
I had this problem for awhile and I tried just about everything, Saw Palmetto, Anti-E, Pygeum, all the recommended anti BPH stuff.
The cure for me turned out to be quitting stimulants like caffeine, etc. I had remembered when I took Ephreda when it was legal caused me to have a hell of a time pissing. Figured it might be all stims so I weaned off them, coffee and soda, everything. Stream came back strong and didn't see the problem with "leakage."
I still take stims for lifting on occasion, especially when I want to go heavy, and the problem comes right back.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Only stims I have right now are a huge cup of coffee in the morning, and Chaos on workout days..