starting androgel

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
my doc just put me on androgel 5% a day, I started taking anabolic xtreme PCT, the day after my blood test, because I felt I had low pct, and didn't think I would ever get put on androgel. Anyway it came back low, and he sent me the script in the mail, should I stop taking the PCT/ultra hotter product and just go with the gel, would the two hurt/help each other or do anything?

Any problem with just stoping the ax-pct(same as alri ultra hotter)

Thanks,

Jim

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am guessing you mean 5g/day because androgel is 1% tetsosterone and is dosed at 5g/7.5g/10g/day.

PCT is to stimulate/restore your HPTA. Taking AndroGel is taking testosterone. It would be like trying to do PCT while on cycle. Androgel or HRT is a long term lifetime process. You administer exogenous testosterone to raise you serum levels to a youthful level. Exogenous testosterone (Androgel) will inhibit you (shut you down).

So either use AndroGel for good or continue to try to elevate or restore your HPTA with PCT supplementation. One or the other. JMHO.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info, I had pretty much decided to drop the pct and do the androgel since my test is low enough for my doc to put me on it with out asking for it....

As always good info here.

Jim

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Also, while you are researching, check HCG, it may be a helpful weapon your Doc might be willing to swing for you. Look it up under Swale's protocol.Good luck!

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I thought this over and had another question, would the pct not be good for anti-E if that was needed? That seems to be it's biggest effect when I read about it.
Just a thought, have 3 bottles of it, didn't think my Dr knew what androgel was then he sends it to me in the mail. I think I gotta get him up to speed on all the other things that need to be done with it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not sure what your original intent was/is. As B5150 stated the Androgel is therapeutic quality of life process, not a quick fix so to speak. I think it would do you well to run a belated Post Cycle Therapy to stimulate your HPTA axis before entering into HRT without an adequate understanding of the process

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
It's not a post cycle therapy, it's a product called post cycle therapy, from anabolic xtreme, also same stuff as ultra hotter from alri,

"post cycle therapy (Post Cycle Therapy) is a hormone optimizer that can increase your natural testosterone production by as much as 400%, while combining a new powerful anti-aromatase that decreases estrogen levels in males an average of 50%. There is also a new and highly aromatase inhibiting compound that binds to aromatase more tightly and prevents estrogen conversion."

" AX Proprietary blend 135mg **
Avena Sativa Extract 20:1, Agaricus bisporus extract., 6-acetoxy-3-hydroxy-17-keto-etioallocholane, 17a-methyl-17b-hydroxyl-3-keto-delta 1,4,6-etioallocholtriene, Condensed Agaricus bisporus extract"

I just wondered if it would be good for otc estrogen control if I have any while on androgel, no big deal, I'm not trying to get more out of the androgel, I did read in an article on allthingsmales about using otc products to reduce estrogen, and since I already have this, would it work for that or no, if I started having signs of high E....

Thanks for all the info so far, great stuff...

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I think there is a good post cycle therapy Forum here for you.

mmemet

Awards
I am a 49 year old hard gainer, 5-10, 175 lbs, on androgel for one year, would like to know what I can stack to increase gains, also on 200 g/day protein, creatine, no2. thanks.