Supplementation on HRT

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to get started on an HRT. Have looked at numerous websites and articles and have made an appointment with a local Uro' to start (my GP has no knowledge of male HRT).

My question is (if and when I start HRT) what supplements do those of you who are already on a program usually take?

Anything besides a standard Mutli-Vit/Min etc.

Already on a cholesterol med and a blood thinner so RYR/Hawthorne/Milkthistle etc not recommended by my Cardio Doc.

Usually try to get in and lift 2-3 times per week, fullbody (10 -12 body parts 3 sets, 12-15 reps - again at the direction of my Cardio doc) followed by 20 min of cardio (treadmill, bike etc).

age; 58
6'
200#
BF probably 20+%

Appreciate any feedback.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
Without knowing what your going to be given for HRT this question isn't easy to answer. Try asking a more direct question. What do you want the supplement to do for you?

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
Multi, DHEA 50mg, Saw Palm. 1000mg, 7-keto 25mg, :Breakfast
b-100, c-1000, zinc, selenium, saw palm. 1000mg, :Dinner

200mg test cyp/wk, HGH 2iu X2 5/2
preworkout :noxplode
Workouts:
chest,shouldrs, tris
back,bis
legs
off
repeat
postworkout: whey shake w/creatine&glutimine
dinner
melatonin at bedtime

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
You should read the stickys above and this one I have liked for a long time.
: LifeExtension: Male Hormone Modulation Therapy
Endo's and Uro's are not good Dr.'s for TRT try to find a Dr. that treats a lot of men for low T. Also try the Anti-Aging Dr.'s like Dr. John.
Phil
I am trying to get started on an HRT. Have looked at numerous websites and articles and have made an appointment with a local Uro' to start (my GP has no knowledge of male HRT).

My question is (if and when I start HRT) what supplements do those of you who are already on a program usually take?

Already on a cholesterol med and a blood thinner so RYR/Hawthorne/Milkthistle etc not recommended by my Cardio Doc.

Usually try to get in and lift 2-3 times per week, fullbody (10 -12 body parts 3 sets, 12-15 reps - again at the direction of my Cardio doc) followed by 20 min of cardio (treadmill, bike etc).

age; 58
6'
200#
BF probably 20+%

Appreciate any feedback.

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards

age; 58
6'
200#
BF probably 20+%

Appreciate any feedback.
MedXlife, Oasis, etc are HRT clinics that have phone consultations. Talk to one of them. Get tests and do medical history. They will be able to design a regimine. Read a lot of these threads also.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Everything you say DOC, is right on.

One thing to add is caution should be used when dealing with a clinic that is not "certified"..you do not want to risk spending lots of money on blood work and then find out they were shut down. Best to stay with a "Board Certified Doctor."

I am fortunate enough to have 3 to chose from here in Vero Beach.(2 males and 1 female Dr's. - I prefer the female..but at my age, I am harmless) American Academy of Anti-Aging is best of the best, in my opinion.

I have heard horror stories about overnight clinics that pop up. In one case that I know of...they opened a clinic, hired a retired OLD Dr. to write the prescriptions and they were eventually shut down....lots of patients lost money and in my opinion they were also on the wrong track to good health!!

I know I speak for everyone on this board, we really appreciate you joining us here at AM. Im looking forward to reading all your posts.

AGELESS

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
In my opinion HRT is not rocket science. Any intelligent tech. with patients blood data can prescripe HRT. In the first place HRT is not a proven technology. TRT is debated among qualified DR.s all the time. BB's dose themselves with hugh amounts of Test and everything else with few cases of sides they cannot deal with by black market drugs and word of mouth gym advice. Secondly, monitoring levels of hormones within a "normal" range to aid in patients health and well being is not too difficult. Symptoms of aging such as estrogen levels and test levels can easily be remedied with existing procedures that are well known. The long term health effects and real world individual effects can be a cause for concern , but even "certified" anti-aging Dr.s go by each patients feedback and general feelings. GYm rats have been doing a good job of hormone adjustments for decades ahead of the medical profession.
I trust my clinic and between them and my own intelligence and info on boards such as this can be the source of effective HRT.If there is a solid knowledge base and concrete plans to follow anyone could read them and do a suitable job of keeping themselves safe and healthy.
I do not suscribe to the idea that using Test and estrogen control is beyond most people's ability in HRT, TRT and PCT programs.

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
I guess I just don't see the big picture. Most of the questions and answers here are only about doses, time on, time off and which one works best. The feedback is try it and see what happens. I notice there are a limited variety of chems used for TRT, for AI's and for Serms. If there are discussions (debates) on these products, what is the news? I use advice from people that seems to agree for the most part with what I read here. I'm all for "first do no harm". However the "street" usages have given results that are indisputable as the mags show. I'm only interested in otimizing physical health so I feel that I operate inside the safe zone of what's presently available. I'm also willing to learn and will not argue with new or better regimens no matter who prescribes them. Is it a fact that no HRT clinic tech can understand and monitor HRT?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established

age; 58
6'
200#
BF probably 20+%

Appreciate any feedback.
This link is about the use of herbs except for the use of Soy this I find a dam good read.
a herbal treatment for hormone induced prostatitis
Phil

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
No. In fact, it is illegal for them to do so. Only physicians--or PA's or NP's supervised by a physician--are allowed to interpret labs, direct care, and prescribe medications. Why do you think we have to spend all those years in training?

That kid...er, salesman...answering the phone, and providing medical advice and Controlled Substances, is Practicing Medicine Without a License.
DR John, I looked up the 4AM website and in their directory are 100's of HRT clinics run by techs. For HRT in moderation and due diligence I feel safe having a clinician who has read all the material and follows all the new info., requests reasonable blood work to have a good handle on my health and anti-aging regimen.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Well this certyainly changed track.

What I was asking was if there are specific thoughts on supplementation while on HRT.

I currently take:
Multi-Vit formula
Multi-Min formula
Omega-3 complex
digestive aid (papain, ginger etc)
Glucosamine formula
DHEA (i'm 58)
prostate formula
fenugreek (4 week cycles)
hawthorne
C-complex
the occasional protien drink (when I miss a meal...which is not to often judging by the size of my belly..LOL)

also recently bought some pGHt

However I was interested in thoughts on other supplements in conjunction with the "average HRT program. I know each will be slightly different but there seems to be a general series on most sites.

Are there things that a person on HRT should "specifically AVOID". ie. supps like activate, powefull, rebound, cissus etc, etc ?

The hope is that if/when I am on an HRT program that energy is up, libido is up, workouts are more productive, belly goes down etc. A general increase in quality of life.

So can we get back on track and look at supplements and HRT?

Please?

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I am limiting the DHEA to 25mg with breakfast & lunch (total of 50mg /per day). Should this be cycled in anyway?

Question on the prostate formula...how/why does it increase the potential for impotence? I can't say that I've ever come across that before.

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
Try the DHEA closer to 12 hours apart, due to its half-life.

Blocking DHT causes sexual issues. I have seen several fellows resolve theirs completely by dropping the "prostate formula", which is effective only at "wallet diuresis".
Dr
Is there any alternative BPH treatment or herb? Those anti DHT formulas for MPB and BPH are no good for sexual potency?