Androgel Absorbtion effected by Sweating?

B

bodybuilder8806

Awards
Androgel takes 6 hours to fully absorb into your skin, and alot of the time I workout early in the day and sweat a lot. I was wondering if it would be possible to shower at night instead and put my gel on afterwards before bed allowing it to absorb throughout the night.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Androgel takes 6 hours to fully absorb into your skin, and alot of the time I workout early in the day and sweat a lot. I was wondering if it would be possible to shower at night instead and put my gel on afterwards before bed allowing it to absorb throughout the night.

I was on a transdermal test cream, which takes longer to dry than andro. I divided my dose between morning and evening applications. Two hours after my morning dose I would do cardio. It didn't seem to be a problem. My total test had tripled after 4 months.

M

magic8989

Awards
You could do that. There is no specific time frame that it has to be applied. I apply mine in the morning and at night because my skin will not absorb the full application at once. As long as you don't shower 6 or so hours after application you should be fine. Working up a little sweat shouldn't though either.

K

kaorialfred33

Awards
its funny you should ask this question, I had to actually be taken off Testim because of the same question you are asking. I also had to switch diffrent times of the day. This was when I lived in O-town,FL.

My levels were good and bad but it was because of the lotions, soaps and just over all dry skin.
I would try to do cardio after applying 2 hrs exactly and it would build up in the shoulder areas, it looked like someone oiled up my shoulders. The rest of my arms were dry. But I felt as if I wasn't getting the effects like I was in the begining after 8 months of testim. So I went with shots. weekly. My urologist did bw weekly to confirm this. Even applied it himself in several tries. I had to see a dermatologist to see about getting special soap and all that stuff. It turned out it was just way tooo much money. My depo test costed 10.00 200ml pharmacia brand with my old good insurance. (now its 20.00) You know how much a 3 months supply costed of Testim 75.00 with my good insurance. Then you had to add up the dermatologist sold and not covered by insurance soaps and skin cleaner. We also had a new born towards the 9th month in the home. I just said to my Dr. that its just too much of an inconvience and cost. Plus I'm the stay at home dad so I was changing diapers frequently and worried about passing it on to my son.

I have heard people say they have been on the gels for years and no problems. So I think its individual, some absorb and feel great others prob lose most of it on contact from skin residue build ups (lotions,soaps)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I can't provide you with any scientific literature to back this up, but when I do a heavy dose td, about 30 minutes later I can get a sort of chemical or off metalic taste in my mouth. I would guess that you have a high spike 2-3 hours after application. I would also assume that you have a period of rather steady hormones in the next few hours. My best advice is wait at least two hours before getting sweaty as a rule of thumb.

A

anatolian

Awards
I have a gel made by a compound pharmicist and I only have to wait about 10 minutes after application before showering or whatever. Maybe look into getting you're prescription filled by one of them, they can adjust ingredients to suit you as well, and it is a much smaller dose to apply.

B

bodybuilder8806

Awards
I have a gel made by a compound pharmicist and I only have to wait about 10 minutes after application before showering or whatever. Maybe look into getting you're prescription filled by one of them, they can adjust ingredients to suit you as well, and it is a much smaller dose to apply.
That sounds extremely promising, but I have two questions. First where can i find a compound pharmacy or do all pharmacys like at Grocery/Drug stores do it? Second will my insurance still cover it or is it really cheap any ways since its not a name brand such as androgel?

A

anatolian

Awards
That sounds extremely promising, but I have two questions. First where can i find a compound pharmacy or do all pharmacys like at Grocery/Drug stores do it? Second will my insurance still cover it or is it really cheap any ways since its not a name brand such as androgel?
Look them up in a phone book or even ask your doctor, where I live there are plenty around, also my insurance covers it. Believe me the stuff a compounder can make is far superior to androgel and cost less. They can fine tune based on your blood test, so you get the right amount, plus you only have to rub about 1/2 ml on so you can put it on your wrist or behind your knees. My prescription is 25 g. per 1/2 ml. I think androgel is 5 or 10 g correct? and alot more of it has to be put on. Any more questions ask away, this is by far the best thing I have done for over all health.

B

bodybuilder8806

Awards
Look them up in a phone book or even ask your doctor, where I live there are plenty around, also my insurance covers it. Believe me the stuff a compounder can make is far superior to androgel and cost less. They can fine tune based on your blood test, so you get the right amount, plus you only have to rub about 1/2 ml on so you can put it on your wrist or behind your knees. My prescription is 25 g. per 1/2 ml. I think androgel is 5 or 10 g correct? and alot more of it has to be put on. Any more questions ask away, this is by far the best thing I have done for over all health.
Im going to ask my doctor about it on my follow up next month. What are your testosterone levels coming out at from applying the compounded testosterone cream. Also how do you measure out such a small amount at a time. Androgel is pretty easy because 4 pumps with each pump being 1.25g is equal to 5g.

A

anatolian

Awards
Im going to ask my doctor about it on my follow up next month. What are your testosterone levels coming out at from applying the compounded testosterone cream. Also how do you measure out such a small amount at a time. Androgel is pretty easy because 4 pumps with each pump being 1.25g is equal to 5g.
The cream comes in ready made and marked tubes with a plunger so you just push out the right amount. You could also ask someone at the pharmacy you go to now if they know where a compound pharmicist is located. Mytest levels have increased alot. I was at 386 when this all started and am now almost double that, just above the high part of the normal range, in the 600's.