TRT sides

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'm only in week two, but have noticed some sides.
The morning after my first injection, which was 220mg (doctor called it a booster shot), my sack was super tight, and penis seemed to be 'pulled in' and smaller....that lasted for a few days and was only noticeable in the morning and would relax in the afternoon.
Morning wood has been in full effect though!

5 days later, I had an appointment to pickup my actual Test C kit and since I saw the doc he offered to give my second injection, which was 100mg...that will be my dosage once per week.

The next day, i started to feel a slight "flush" effect on my neck and face, though there was no redness. Id compare it to the flush feeling from taking Niacin (though I currently dont take niacin). I was searching through some forums and saw that a few other guys have had this effect (though theres usually came with redness of the face) and it was due to high estrogen levels from TRT. Before my first shot, my estrogen was 11...could it have boosted estro that quickly? My ankles aren't swollen, so i dont think im retaining water.

Any ideas?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your estrogen was 11 before your first shot? On a scale from 7.6-42.6 that's on the lows side for sure but not horrible.
I don't think your estrogen would jump that high in a week, and what else did the doctor put in the shot?
Did he also add in HCG? HCG would push your E2 up for sure.

What exactly is your protocol aside form 100mg per week? What is the ratio for test? (i.e,. mine is 200mg/ml) and I'm on 100mg weekly. Nothing else except 12.5mg of Aromasin weekly. Keeps me at 20-ish for my estrogen.

-M

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your estrogen was 11 before your first shot? On a scale from 7.6-42.6 that's on the lows side for sure but not horrible.
I don't think your estrogen would jump that high in a week, and what else did the doctor put in the shot?
Did he also add in HCG? HCG would push your E2 up for sure.

What exactly is your protocol aside form 100mg per week? What is the ratio for test? (i.e,. mine is 200mg/ml) and I'm on 100mg weekly. Nothing else except 12.5mg of Aromasin weekly. Keeps me at 20-ish for my estrogen.

-M
The "booster shot" of 220mg was just Test C. And the second show was from what i picked up, which was 100mg Test C shot (200mg/ml bottle).
Im not starting HCG or anything else for now, wanted to wait till i get my bloods checked in 6 weeks, then decide if anything else should be added.

One thing i just thought of...I also started taking CEL Cycle Assist a day before my second shot...It has Hawthorn Berry in it and seems like i read in a old PHF forum about how HB can initially spike your blood pressure, then help it later on...Wonder if maybe the "flush" feeling was my blood pressure from the HB???

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im also thinking that since my first shot was such a high amount of test (220mg) and then only 5 days later added in another shot of 100mg, it might have been too much for a test virgin like me!
I am feeling better so far today.

Another thing i should add, a couple days before my second shot, i could swear that my face looked fuller...nothing drastic. I also started eating an extra meal per day, and gained 3lbs, so that may be why...Guess im just freaking myself out worrying about estrogen sides!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think you're ok. That helps, because the BP spike is more natural than considering any E2 issues so soon. I bet it subsides. Drop the Cel Cycle Assist until you are solid on the protocol and have a few bloods under your belt. My .02 cents.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you're ok. That helps, because the BP spike is more natural than considering any E2 issues so soon. I bet it subsides. Drop the Cel Cycle Assist until you are solid on the protocol and have a few bloods under your belt. My .02 cents.
Thanks man. Yeah i didn't take the Cycle Assist today, so we'll see how that goes...

Just curious, is there anything i should do or not do as far as diet and supplements go while on TRT? Saw some posts saying "sodium+TRT=bloat", etc.
I picked up some Kyolic aged garlic caps last night, hoping it might help with blood pressure...Ive had fairly high BP in the past (probably due to having high anxiety on and off), but right before my TRT appointment my BP was good (I have it all written down somewhere, just not in front of me atm).

Also, when did you start to need arimadex during TRT? And can you just hop on HCG whenever (if i decide my wife and I want a second kiddo)?

Sorry, just full of questions...reading through all the forums/posts about TRT can be overwhelming!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man. Yeah i didn't take the Cycle Assist today, so we'll see how that goes...

Just curious, is there anything i should do or not do as far as diet and supplements go while on TRT? Saw some posts saying "sodium+TRT=bloat", etc.

I picked up some Kyolic aged garlic caps last night, hoping it might help with blood pressure...Ive had fairly high BP in the past (probably due to having high anxiety on and off), but right before my TRT appointment my BP was good (I have it all written down somewhere, just not in front of me atm).

Also, when did you start to need arimadex during TRT? And can you just hop on HCG whenever (if i decide my wife and I want a second kiddo)?

Sorry, just full of questions...reading through all the forums/posts about TRT can be overwhelming!
I have to add Sodium to my diet because I've always been non-sodium. Just small amounts. (Seasoning) I can't eat out because every thing tastes like they bathe it in salts. If that tells you my sensitivity over the years. If you are used to adding salt, just reduce. Avoid processed foods.

Garlic is good. Eating healthy is also very good~! Hydration, and eating clean always helps your BP.

Regarding kids, and HCG. I'm 53, so that's out of the question, and over a year into my TRT, my goods are looking fine, and I feel great in all areas without even having HCG. That said, you may want to bring that up with your doctor, as adding into your protocol early at small doses more frequently would keep you at a point where you'd be better off I think.

A few other things to consider:

COQ10 - Heart Health among other good things.
Krill Oil - I like this better than fish oil.
Probiotics - There cannot be enough said about good gut health
If not HCG - It also backfills hormones, you can supplement with DHEA & Pregnenolone (Ask doc.)

kenpoengineer is a great resource, and I have just called upon him to come in
and lend his expertise and wealth of knowledge.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks!
Ill look in to krill oil, i have started taking Fish Oil the past couple weeks.

My daily supps:
-NOW brand Prostate Health (Saw Palmetto, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Stinging Needle, Lycopene)
-Vitamin D @ 4000
-Aged Garlic
-Multi Vitamin

Ill talk to the doc during my 6 week lab check up about HCG...seems like some say they love it while others say it can just bring on more sides. And depending on where my estro levels are at, adding in arimadex if needed.

Also, Ive seen tons and tons of stuff about testicular shrinkage from TRT...but what about sack shrinkage??? That was something in noticed right away, and seems to relax towards the end of the day. Will this go away over time? Its nothing painful.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're welcome! Oh, Vitamin D is good. I'm in the sun a lot as I ride my bike to work and back for a total of 16 miles daily so not as needed, but I take one in the morning anyway. (Forgot to mention) It is best taken in the morning if you hadn't known as it temporarily interferes with the production of melatonin.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My brother in law swears by Super Beets for keeping blood pressure in check.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established