Thyroid / Test Levels Rock Bottom - Recent Bloodwork

L J

Awards
Hi,
Brief history.... 35 y/o, lifted for 20 years, numerous AAS cycles up until 3 years back when I stopped completely (ran power PCT).

Long story short, thyroid and test levels are rock bottom, I'm sure they're related but have no idea where to start.
I've trialled synthetic T4 which brought my thyroid levels within range but still felt like death. Same with Clomid, I can keep my test (free & total) levels low - mid range on 25mg eod but not sure if it's having an impact on adrenals (cortisol test attatched) and compounding my low thyroid issue.

Fast forward to today, I'm on a Paleo diet with no processed food / gluten / minimal sugar etc., I've eased off on resistance training and focus more on steady cardio, when I have the energy.
In general I feel better now than I did when on T4 however still far from normal - serious brain fog, aching joints, little energy etc. I was hoping that the lifestyle changes would help with my numbers, and was confident that things would have improved slightly however I've just had my latest set of results through and although my TSH has improved from my original tests in Jan 2017, my T4 and T3 is lower.

Am now completely frustrated and know if I don't sort this soon it's going to cause me some serious health problems in the near future.

Current supplements include Vit B Complex, Vit C, D3, Multi Vit, Iodine, ZMA, Turmeric & Ashwaghanda.

Can anyone make any sense of what's going on as I've just about given up, Docs in the U.K aren't interested as the numbers aren't 'significant enough'?

View attachment Hormone Bloods_March 2018.pdf

View attachment Thyroid Bloods_March 2018.pdf

View attachment Cortisol July 2017.pdf

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Join the FB group called “TRT in the UK”

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
It would be nice to know your E2 level. and thyroid antibodies (iodine can make things worse)

Synthetic T4 was not much of a help(your terrible T3 levels), so (in the US) I would try NDT (desiccated thyroid, IE ERFA, Nature-Throid, etc.)

Alcohol?, Opiates?, Head Trauma?, STRESS?, Phytoestrogens(soy, ginseng, flax)

Djnickuk

Awards
Looks like you may have t3/t4 revesersal problem. Your tsh is fine.. so not looking particularly hypo or hyper.

Other than feelinh of death.. what other symptoms have you got? It’s good your antibodies are showing your clear of Hashimotos.

Aas... as we know effect the hpta and can cause slowing down of the thyroid... but you are def going to have issues with gps sending you to an endo with those results.

Don’t mention Ndt, leaky gut etc to the gp. He tell you to do one.

With thyroid you have to really be your own advocate.

L J

Awards
It would be nice to know your E2 level. and thyroid antibodies (iodine can make things worse)

Synthetic T4 was not much of a help(your terrible T3 levels), so (in the US) I would try NDT (desiccated thyroid, IE ERFA, Nature-Throid, etc.)

Alcohol?, Opiates?, Head Trauma?, STRESS?, Phytoestrogens(soy, ginseng, flax)
Hi, haven’t E2 levels unfortunately. Antibodies look okay but have been told that doesn’t mean a lot as they can spike and return to normal fairly quickly?..
Looking at NDT, but not sure whether to get my test levels in check first.
Limited alcohol - once or twice a month, no real head trauma (some Muay Thai in past), no phytoestrogens but quite a bit of stress in the past.

L J

Awards
Looks like you may have t3/t4 revesersal problem. Your tsh is fine.. so not looking particularly hypo or hyper.

Other than feelinh of death.. what other symptoms have you got? It’s good your antibodies are showing your clear of Hashimotos.

Aas... as we know effect the hpta and can cause slowing down of the thyroid... but you are def going to have issues with gps sending you to an endo with those results.

Don’t mention Ndt, leaky gut etc to the gp. He tell you to do one.

With thyroid you have to really be your own advocate.
Other symptoms include joint ache, low mood / motivation, serious DOMS, brain fog, poor cognition, anxiety, no libido, low heart rate, mild tremors in hands, thinning eyebrows.

TSH was near to 5 when I measured it in Jan 2017 so has come down since, however T4 & T3 have also dropped slightly which surely should have been the opposite... one big head ****.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
OP- I feel you, I am 32 and recently discovered I have Hashimoto's, my TSH levels were at fricken 25..over the last 6 months they have dropped to around 6 or 7. Abusing opiates and juice when i was in my early 20s I think really did me in. I have experienced all those symptoms...I recently started Tirosine and it seems to be helping..

Djnickuk

Awards
If you have bloods that show your previous hypo tsh and your GPs not working with you then you need to get another gp to refer you to an endo. Or go see one privately.

I was borderline hyper on test results. Ft4 up at 32.. but tsh was in line. Drs said all was fine. My 190 resting heart rate, profuse sweating and inability to keep weight on even at 5000 cals.. I get down to 51 kg as a 6ft male is not good.

Only due to family history of my mum having major endocrine issue that my gp referred me. He was sure it was mental health / or that I was anorexic. Completely dismissing my last 3 years of tracked food intake..

But once at endo I was diagnosed with Graves’ disease. Lovely... and nearly booked an apt back with the gp just to knock the prick out.. but luckily my meds kicked in and im a lot calmer now. Lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I work with a lot of cases from doctor's in UK, they are so in the dark ages about hormones and endocrine issues it's scary..