help!!!!! Need advice:(

foggia

foggia

Awards
Hi.

Long time member. Just turned 40 in October. Have been feeling absolutely terrible the last couple years. Just recently got insurance and had blood work done with terrible results. Total test was 184!!!!! Also found I am diabetic/border line diabetic, high blood pressure, and have gout. I have taken the last 3 yrs off training and just started back but its been a real struggle. My doctor is only interested in getting my test into the 300-400 range and says he worries about prostate when going above that. Should I look elsewhere? I am in the northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, does anyone know a good anti aging doc in that area? I have looked in the past and it didnt look good. Please help, open to all suggestions. Below are my blood work results:

total test: 184

LH: 7.3
FSH: 10.53
Vit D: 16.9
TSH: 1.850
free T4: 1.03
glucose: 100
uric acid: 9.3
BUN: 16
Creatinine: 1.31
Albumimin: 4.4
total protein: 7.5
billi: 0.4
ALT: 59
AST: 31
Calcium: 10.1
Potassium: 3.9
total cholesterol: 172
triglycerides: 329
HDL: 26
LDL: 80

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's your height and weight? Some of your levels look awfully high to me.

Entourage Medical is a board sponsor and can help you. Dxt25

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet is key. No fast food,no sugar drinks or energy drinks. Eat clean to live long. Drink filtered water.

Dxt25

Awards
Alot of those numbers look off you have a pm coming your way

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alot of those numbers look off you have a pm coming your way
Yep. If my triglycerides were in the 300's I don't think my test level would be my big concern

foggia

foggia

Awards
Thanks so far. I am 6'2 and currently weigh right around 250 lbs. I have been as heavy as 265 lbs in the past and was down in the low 240's recently. Last time I was in better shape was around 2013 at 230 lbs at around 15%. Yes several of my labs are out of range but getting my testosterone levels is more difficult to get corrected bc of the area I live in. Further advice is greatly appreciated on finding a doctor or advice.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Entourage is done through the mail, and reviews here have been decent. Are you able to take care of the injections yourself?

But seriously, if the numbers you posted are correct I think you have more pressing matters. Just the opinion of an old guy who's been through this stuff before.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get yourself to the gym, eat right, and then worry about your testosterone levels. How long have you be training?

Improved Testosterone levels are not the cure to being fat and lazy otherwise I'd be superman.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Vitamin D is super low. It seems on this board whenever someone has low test on their blood tests they also have low vitamin d. Just something I’ve observed

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get yourself to the gym, eat right, and then worry about your testosterone levels. How long have you be training?

Improved Testosterone levels are not the cure to being fat and lazy otherwise I'd be superman.
This^^^^^. You are in terrible shape according to bloodwork. Wow.

foggia

foggia

Awards
I appreciate all the feedback. I know the blood work is awful and down right embarrassing. To make matters worse I have a degree in nutrition and am a nurse. I went through a very unexpected divorce in 2014 and went through a major depression. I drank very heavily from 2014-2016 and my diet has been **** until most recently. I also work third shift as a nurse. I am really looking for info on the testosterone problem, working on the other issues with my general practitioner, and looking to become as healthy as possible. Please keep the information coming.

foggia

foggia

Awards
Yes I am able to inject myself from home. The biggest problem is that the northern kentucky/cincinnati area seems behind in trt from what I have found. Just looking for advice/info.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great that you are realizing how damaged your body is. ALT/AST numbers alone indicate liver issues.

Are you familiar with TRT? Do you know that, at your fat levels, you are going to have serious estradiol issues due to aromatization of testosterone? Just being realistic here.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Entourage is done through the mail, and reviews here have been decent. Are you able to take care of the injections yourself?

But seriously, if the numbers you posted are correct I think you have more pressing matters. Just the opinion of an old guy who's been through this stuff before.
Yes SFreed is an old guy and would know!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Too many of your other levels are off. If you are dealing with those with your doctor that is great. However with the test what I would suggest is to start with him and get to 400 and if you still feel off insist on going higher. You are the boss, you pay him remember... you choose the aspects of your life that give it quality, not him.

You never know you may feel like a superstar at 400. You might feel about the same too. However if you tell him at 400 you are still not satisfied with the quality of your life at that level then he should increase it for you. That is what a good doctor does unless it is going to cause you a lot of problems. BPH is not "a lot of problems", and is easily managed.

If he won't budge then take your script, and then inform him that you will be sending him a form to release your medical records as soon as you find another PCP who will take your quality of life issues more seriously. Doctors like money, hearing they will lose a patient often gets their attention... Far too often both the physician, and the patient forget that the patient can fire the doctor...

Dxt25

Awards
Too many of your other levels are off. If you are dealing with those with your doctor that is great. However with the test what I would suggest is to start with him and get to 400 and if you still feel off insist on going higher. You are the boss, you pay him remember... you choose the aspects of your life that give it quality, not him.

You never know you may feel like a superstar at 400. You might feel about the same too. However if you tell him at 400 you are still not satisfied with the quality of your life at that level then he should increase it for you. That is what a good doctor does unless it is going to cause you a lot of problems. BPH is not "a lot of problems", and is easily managed.

If he won't budge then take your script, and then inform him that you will be sending him a form to release your medical records as soon as you find another PCP who will take your quality of life issues more seriously. Doctors like money, hearing they will lose a patient often gets their attention... Far too often both the physician, and the patient forget that the patient can fire the doctor...
I agree with you 100% i dont know if it was you but ive seen this kindoftpost before lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with you 100% i dont know if it was you but ive seen this kindoftpost before lol
It most definitely could have been me. I have stated it a few times on the board.

I remember the first time I asked my Doc to put me on TRT I was at 330 and she said she couldn't until I was below 300 even though I was suffering from Low T symptoms. I went in again and was around 320 and she said she couldn't. I told her I knew she could and she told me the insurance doesn't like it when they do that. I told her thanks, and asked for the medical record release form. She looked at me odd.

The rest of my family kept going to see her but I went to a new PCP and got put on TRT. It was about a year later she started asking my wife and son where I had been. Another 6 months passed and I needed to go to a Dr and the new PCP was busy so I went back to her. She was all what happened. I told her well you didn't want to take care of my low testosterone issue so I found a Dr who would. She apologized over and over and asked if I would come back if she took over the TRT too. So I did, but now she is perfectly aware that I know my position in the relationship. When I ask for things now she weighs my opinions much more heavily. Sometimes asking me what I think because she knows I read up on TRT all the time.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Better nutrution and exercise WILL improve the quality of your life including many of those numbers without the need for drugs. That alone can improve all your metabolic your values.

Been on TRT for 10 yrs. I promise you my nutrition and exercise plan is what keeps my blood markets and me heathy. Not testosterone.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Better nutrution and exercise WILL improve the quality of your life including many of those numbers without the need for drugs. That alone can improve all your metabolic your values.

Been on TRT for 10 yrs. I promise you my nutrition and exercise plan is what keeps my blood markets and me heathy. Not testosterone.
FACT!!!!! Testosterone replacement is great and very beneficial. However, even with low T your health would still be much better with some exercise and solid nutrition.

foggia

foggia

Awards
I realize testosterone replacement will not be a cure all. As I mentioned I went through several years of non lifting, eating very poorly, and heavy drinking for about 2.5-3 yrs after my divorce and depression. I am fixing my diet, begining to work out, and looking to embrace the fitness lifestyle wholly again. I posted specifically about testosterone therapy because at a total free 184 test level, getting to work let alone work out/eat better has been difficult and results have been very poor. In addition, after reading about trt for a while it seems my doctor is very conservative ( along with the cincinnati area) about trt. I appreciate the help brothers and sisters!

foggia

foggia

Awards
I'm hoping to be able to get off the half tab of januvia and cozaar with diet and exercise. Gout will probably be managed with diet and allpurinol but we will see. Mostly I have just been so tired, achy, and mixed up, I knew the test was in the tank. Third shift isnt helping. It's so low that facial hair has even slowed quite a bit. Hoping the meds and test will just make it a little bit easier and effective in the gym and diet changes.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
High Triglycerides...FATTY LIVER???? (just one of the problems)

What I would do.... No Alcohol, 500mg liposomal Curcumin daily, Intermittent Fasting, Trehalose(small amount)

Your LH is great (I wanted to say something positive), it would be interesting to see your FT, SHBG, and E2, although my guess is they are low.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would move to the Cleveland area because the Browns, they are coming back baby. Superbowl Champs next year :arms:

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would move to the Cleveland area because the Browns, they are coming back baby. Superbowl Champs next year :arms:
Bro, your not suppose to inject the test into the brain....Your having delusional thoughts. You are right, the Browns are coming back, they had 0 wins. You can only go up from there...I think they should easily win 2 games after they draft Baker Mayfield this year and start their 118th starting QB next year since 2015.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bro, your not suppose to inject the test into the brain....Your having delusional thoughts. You are right, the Browns are coming back, they had 0 wins. You can only go up from there...I think they should easily win 2 games after they draft Baker Mayfield this year and start their 118th starting QB next year since 2015.
I just have to point out the irony of a man with the screen name DemntedCowboy calling someone out for delusions! AWESOMENESS!!! You have to be pretty delusional for a demented guy to call you out about it! :)

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
haha! this mad me LOL!

The browns are were players go to die. No hope

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They better not draft my boy Baker.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They better not draft my boy Baker.
I think thats why he threw the game against Georgia...He knew if he won that game he was going to Cleveland. Lol...He played like that so he could go to Denver or Arizona instead

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think thats why he threw the game against Georgia...He knew if he won that game he was going to Cleveland. Lol...He played like that so he could go to Denver or Arizona instead
Everyone is saying he is not a first round pick. The Browns wouldn't want him.

I'm still pissed about the Rose Bowl! No way we should have lost that game. If we had a D that could stop the big run.Hell Georgia is still running on Oklahoma, Just saw a dawg run by my house! :laugh2:

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cleveland Browns fans hold parade after historic 16-0 season (reverse in mirror).

fT1Gy6p.jpg