TRT LATEST BLOOD WORK

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I been on TRT for 4 years now and my latest batch of blood work is rather interesting. So basically my issues have always been increased hematocrit but I currently have that in check with a crit of 49. Now here is the interesting thing. For the past 4 years my TSH has always been between 1-2. Now suddenly it's 2.44 wtf. Is that ok? I don't notice any body composition changes. Still the same weight and body fat as far as I can see. The only thing that has changed is my testosterone does is slightly lower at 180mg per week instead of 200. Also I haven't used HCG in 8 months because it was jacking up my hematocrit. So the question is, TSH 2.44 is that ok/safe? Is it normal for a TSH to fluctuate from say 1.4 to 2.4 in a year? Did anything I do with my TRT affect this? What's the deal bros? Someone educate me!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was the Hcg from a Dr?
Yes it's part of my prescription. Everyone is different. Medications affect all people differently. I for example can run 500mg of test and 400mg of EQ for 12 weeks and have my hematocrit not budge but then when I'm running my regular 200mg trt and add my HCG regiment to prevent testicular atrophy, 2 months in and my head starts hurting and I'm dizzy and next thing you know my hematocrit is like 55. so I need to watch it when I run HCG. that's how my body reacts to it.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
HCG definitely jacks up hermatocrit. It did mine and multiple studies indicate increased hermatocrit on HCG.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
sure but that javelin they call a needle isn't fun. been there done that.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
the "safe zone" cutoff is 2.5 i believe, however, my doctor always wants it around 1.0

is your temperature low? if it doesn't hit 98 degrees during the day, you might want to check it out.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Weird.... I'm pretty sure that HCG lowers TSH. not sure why the opposite happened in your case....

it might just be one of those interconnected endocrinology issues.

wrugg08

Awards
Yes it's part of my prescription. Everyone is different. Medications affect all people differently. I for example can run 500mg of test and 400mg of EQ for 12 weeks and have my hematocrit not budge but then when I'm running my regular 200mg trt and add my HCG regiment to prevent testicular atrophy, 2 months in and my head starts hurting and I'm dizzy and next thing you know my hematocrit is like 55. so I need to watch it when I run HCG. that's how my body reacts to it.
Well ship, i had no idea HCG can do that. That makes perfect sense now. 6 yrs on trt and the only thing that really changed was my HCG dose at 500 iu 3x a week. I feel your pain. Had the same symptoms while lifting. Immediately, i knew i had high levels. Thanks for the info

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just donated mine was 16.8 which isnt that high , mines been 18 something before.

A couple times a year of donating is plenty unless you have something arre where you have higher levels than normal.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
sure but that javelin they call a needle isn't fun. been there done that.
Really? I just go donate blood to the Red Cross every 2 months and I don’t poled with any javelins, or harpoons for the matter. You should try it out, it’s amazing how the simple concept of helping others in need will block any discomfort you might be experiencing.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really? I just go donate blood to the Red Cross every 2 months and I don’t poled with any javelins, or harpoons for the matter. You should try it out, it’s amazing how the simple concept of helping others in need will block any discomfort you might be experiencing.
Every 2 months of blood donation crashed my ferritin levels to the point of being iron anemic. Over a year of iron supplements still hasn’t built the iron back to where I was. Be careful you didn’t crash your iron or ferritin levels.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Every 2 months of blood donation crashed my ferritin levels to the point of being iron anemic. Over a year of iron supplements still hasn’t built the iron back to where I was. Be careful you didn’t crash your iron or ferritin levels.
Wow... good to know. I've only made three donations this year so far, started in the summer. Based on your feedback, I might stretch it out to every 3 months or longer.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow... good to know. I've only made three donations this year so far, started in the summer. Based on your feedback, I might stretch it out to every 3 months or longer.
I would theres no need. Many guys schedule one just before bloodwork to make sure hemo crit , globin is down

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
I would theres no need. Many guys schedule one just before bloodwork to make sure hemo crit , globin is down
Roger that, but I don’t donate for TRT purposes. As a prior blood transfusion recipient, it’s just something I do. And there’s nothing like being notified that somebody needed your blood and got it.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Roger that, but I don’t donate for TRT purposes. As a prior blood transfusion recipient, it’s just something I do. And there’s nothing like being notified that somebody needed your blood and got it.
Admiration for your donations. There is always a shortage of blood.

I was proactively donating blood to keep my hematocrit levels in check. After donating every 2 months for a total of 4 times my hematocrit crashed to (MyBloodTracker IOS app graph):

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Admiration for your donations. There is always a shortage of blood.

I was proactively donating blood to keep my hematocrit levels in check. After donating every 2 months for a total of 4 times my hematocrit crashed to (MyBloodTracker IOS app graph):
Awesome. This is super helpful intel kenpoengineer! I will keep this in mind and consider donating maybe every 12 weeks or longer.