Hcg + clomid

  1. Hcg + clomid


    Test number at 350, urologist is prescribing me hcg and clomid and cialis. Does this sound right? I have a bit of ed but will this help my low test symptoms?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by MG223 View Post
    Test number at 350, urologist is prescribing me hcg and clomid and cialis. Does this sound right? I have a bit of ed but will this help my low test symptoms?
    typically combining HCG and clomid is not a great idea.... HCG will raise testosterone, but will act as LH. clomid will raise gNRH and LH, which will cause you to make more testosterone.

    did your doctor happen to check your E2 levels? if you take HCG and clomid together, you most likely will raise E2 significantly along with testosterone....
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by CatSnake View Post
    typically combining HCG and clomid is not a great idea.... HCG will raise testosterone, but will act as LH. clomid will raise gNRH and LH, which will cause you to make more testosterone.

    did your doctor happen to check your E2 levels? if you take HCG and clomid together, you most likely will raise E2 significantly along with testosterone....
    Hcg will be at 3000? Twice a week, clomid every other day. Not sure on what to do
  4. Hcg + clomid


    Iíd recommend giving your urologist benefit of the doubt and following his recommendations. If you donít get the effect you want then start experimenting more. But if you do something different than what he wants you to do he canít adjust things as you get more blood work.

  5. I recommend joining a FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion.

    I ďthinkĒ HCG and Clomid compete for the same receptors. Normal dose of HCG is 250 IU twice weekly. 3000 IU seems way high.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
    •   
       


  6. Clomid 50mg eod. I’m calling the urologist today to get a complete copy of my labs

  7. Always get a copy of lab results for you own records. Suggest using my app called MyBloodTracker to help you track bloodwork over time.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  8. One option would be to try one or the other solo first. Some people respond to hcg monotherapy. Some do fine on clomid solo but some start out fine then it kinda goes back down due to I think a byproduct of the clomid? I know it's discussed on that fb group. At the very least it can help I indicate whether you are primary or secondary hypogonadal by taking either off these medications. Hcg mimics lh, and I think the clomid increases the release of lh and fsh by fitting certain receptors in the hpta feedback loop. I'm just beginning to learn the generalities of it all so I may be wrong on some things.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MG223 View Post
    Clomid 50mg eod. I’m calling the urologist today to get a complete copy of my labs
    cool.

    I could see your doc using HCG or Clomid, for diagnostic purposes. if the HCG works, then you'd know your testes are responsive and still able to produce test. and if the clomid raises LH and FSH and then testosterone (or doesn't raise it), you would know even more.

    taking both increases the odds of raising your testosterone, but doesn't really identify the issue.

    high E2 (estradiol/estrogen) is a common cause of low testosterone and ED, as well. knowing that can also help identify your treatment, as an aromatase inhibitor can lower E2 and raise test. taking an AI works for some guys, if high E2 is their issue..

    ^this is important, as HCG and clomid will both raise testosterone significantly, but will also raise E2.

    Info on SERMs

    Info on AIs

    Info on HCG

  10. Quote Originally Posted by MG223 View Post
    Test number at 350, urologist is prescribing me hcg and clomid and cialis. Does this sound right? I have a bit of ed but will this help my low test symptoms?
    How is the hCG being dosed? It looks like an older PCT design. Are you low T due to steroid use? All this plays into how/why you're being prescribed these drugs.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post
    How is the hCG being dosed? It looks like an older PCT design. Are you low T due to steroid use? All this plays into how/why you're being prescribed these drugs.
    The proposed plan from the dr reminds me of a male fertility type treatment. High doses of hcg and then clomid each playing their own part and being synergistic, at least for sperm count lol

  12. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378070/

    Name:  IMG_0558.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  575.1 KB

    The article above basically details what I was thinking 3000 iu hcg 2-3 times weekly with 25 clomid ed or 50 eod. Bottom left of the algorithm basically is what seems to be going on. Obviously this will deff increase low Test. What he does with the results I canít say

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post
    How is the hCG being dosed? It looks like an older PCT design. Are you low T due to steroid use? All this plays into how/why you're being prescribed these drugs.
    No steroids. I’ve felt like crap and had ed problems since I was in my early 20s and I’m almost 36.
  14. Hcg + clomid


    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378070/

    Name:  IMG_0558.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  575.1 KB

    The article above basically details what I was thinking 3000 iu hcg 2-3 times weekly with 25 clomid ed or 50 eod. Bottom left of the algorithm basically is what seems to be going on. Obviously this will deff increase low Test. What he does with the results I canít say
    Just followed a thread on the FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion in which a urologist prescribed both Clomid AND HCG. The HCG expert called the urologist incompetent because the combination of the two set up a negative feedback loop to the HPTA. The best course was to drop HCG altogether and go with Clomid only.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Looks like pituitary is primary - Trt or hcg/clomid?
    By oliverduke in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-15-2014, 07:25 AM
  2. Possibility of HCG / CLomid opposed to lifetime of TRT?
    By sanchezgreg18 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
  3. Need some opinions on HCG,Clomid and Nolva
    By medicone in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
  4. HCG, Clomid, Nolvadex, Arimidex, testosterone
    By goshawk in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Log in
Log in