24 Y/O - First time Blood test. TRT recommendation?

ferrisfive

Awards
Hey all,

Just came across this forum and I wish I had known earlier. Anyways, I've been suffering from weak erections, Decreased sex drive, fatigue and distraction (loss of focus) for nearly 1 year.

24, 178 cm, 63 Kg.

I just got my blood test results:

Total Testosterone - 17.2 nmol/L (11.5 - 32.0)

SHBG - 20 nmol/L (11.0 - 78.0)

E2 - 27 pg/ml (10.0 - 40.0)

Prolactin - 638 mIU/L (40.0 - 450.0)

Thyroid - TSH - 1.6 mIU/L (0.40 - 3.80)

Heart and Lungs are good.

No diabetes, no history of injuries.

The T is low but the GP said it's good. I'll have to try another doctor.

Should I consider TRT as 17.2 is too low for my age as I'm sure everyone knows. And what do you think is causing ED? Could it be Prolactin?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Correct the prolactin issue the testosterone will start to increase levels.
I would suggest evaluating ft3 and ft4 levels as hyperprolactemia is a sign on low thyroid as noted in Pubmed. You also may be low on b-6 as well as dopamine.

TRT is not recommended since there are other abnormal readings needed to be investigated especially with a MRI of pituitary for adenomas

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

Just came across this forum and I wish I had known earlier. Anyways, I've been suffering from weak erections, Decreased sex drive, fatigue and distraction (loss of focus) for nearly 1 year.

24, 178 cm, 63 Kg.

I just got my blood test results:

Total Testosterone - 17.2 nmol/L (11.5 - 32.0)

SHBG - 20 nmol/L (11.0 - 78.0)

E2 - 27 pg/ml (10.0 - 40.0)

Prolactin - 638 mIU/L (40.0 - 450.0)

Thyroid - TSH - 1.6 mIU/L (0.40 - 3.80)

Heart and Lungs are good.

No diabetes, no history of injuries.

The T is low but the GP said it's good. I'll have to try another doctor.

Should I consider TRT as 17.2 is too low for my age as I'm sure everyone knows. And what do you think is causing ED? Could it be Prolactin?

Any help would be appreciated.
If you smoke marijuana take 3months off and get checked again. Your prolactin levels will likely drop I don’t know if that would actually correlate to higher test levels. Another option to lower prolactin is p5p form of vitamin b6 I would try 50mg 2x a day as a starting point. Also you shouldn’t really consider trt. My levels were below norm @23yrs old. I’m 28 now and just hopped on trt. I feel better and wake up easier. But if I remember correctly it was 320 @23 and 270 @28 which is when I decided to get on now I stay around 1100-1500 when cruising. Which makes me feel 16yrs old again as far as libido and energy goes. That being said I smoke daily for insomnia and I have had gyno and then surgery to get it removed. Never fun. MJ + cycling hormones = higher prolactin in a potentially high estrogen involvement and that’s all you need to get those titties milking brother.

Everybody has a different body. If you feel good now and don’t suffer from any recovery or energy/libido issues. Stay away from trt as long as possible.