Coming off TRT

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. I have been on TRT for about 4 months now. 160mg / week. I started TRT with low normal test and symptoms of low libido / depression / anxiety etc. I feel like TRT still hasn't helped me with my symptoms and want to come off TRT. I was wondering if after a few months, a standard PCT of clomid would be sufficient? My doctor wants to try to prescribe me a different dose and I kind of don't want to continue under her care because she doesn't seem too educated on the process.

Please let me know

Limited

Awards
What did the blood work show your level to be on T-levels a d estro level at current dose?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's your blood work show? Low levels of T or elevated E2 can both cause depression symptoms to get worse. If you're blood work is in range, i.e. proper dose then I would consider getting off since something else has caused your issues.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I am in the process of getting my blood work done. I have to go to a walk in clinic in Ontario to get a requisition because that's where I live. I am under a doctors care in British Columbia where I used to live. This is another issue as to why I'd like to come off. But I should be getting my blood drawn this week.

Also I'm 28

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
4 months is no monster. U gonna recover fine. Use clomid + A.I protocol

Wont be easy, PCT always sux. Maybe ur problem is in ur head, antidepressants and in some cases tranquilizers help a million. But u must seek a Psychiatrist.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys. I have been on TRT for about 4 months now. 160mg / week. I started TRT with low normal test and symptoms of low libido / depression / anxiety etc. I feel like TRT still hasn't helped me with my symptoms and want to come off TRT. I was wondering if after a few months, a standard PCT of clomid would be sufficient? My doctor wants to try to prescribe me a different dose and I kind of don't want to continue under her care because she doesn't seem too educated on the process.

Please let me know
If you truly are a candidate for TRT, then there's no coming off. It's for life. It takes at least a year to dial in a TRT protocol, so you need to give it time, find a dr that knows what they're doing in regards to TRT and have regular blood work done.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
If you truly are a candidate for TRT, then there's no coming off. It's for life. It takes at least a year to dial in a TRT protocol, so you need to give it time, find a dr that knows what they're doing in regards to TRT and have regular blood work done.
Not 100% sure I am a good candidate. I was low normal with symptoms but still within range. I had slightly high E2. We first tried diet and sleep changes and it didn't help much. Then automatically I was prescribed compounded cream and it elevated my total test but I still had low SHGB, LH and FSH. So I was put on injection mid November. I feel like she could have done a better job. She is also not an endocrinologist. I want to come off with a PCT and go see a proper endo. Was just wondering if a PCT protocol will be sufficient. I have Adex on hand as an AI

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
If you are dead set on PCT, have in mind that besides the few months on PCT-as you already said- you will also need a couple of months for clomid to clear off before you can go to a new doctor for fresh bloods. So consider at least two months being completely without aid.

If you really want to do a propper PCT effort so you will never wonder in the future if you could bounce back or not, you need a very good plan with clomid, maybe adding nolva in the process and/or hCG, with bloods during. So to know what works for you. If you are lucky, solo clomid will work and after 2-4 months you will get good results.

Now, if you just want to give PCT a try, for the sake of it, then run for 2-3 months only clomid 25mgEOD or E3D or I really cant tell what will work best for you, and call it a day.

Long post, sorry

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
If you are dead set on PCT, have in mind that besides the few months on PCT-as you already said- you will also need a couple of months for clomid to clear off before you can go to a new doctor for fresh bloods. So consider at least two months being completely without aid.

If you really want to do a propper PCT effort so you will never wonder in the future if you could bounce back or not, you need a very good plan with clomid, maybe adding nolva in the process and/or hCG, with bloods during. So to know what works for you. If you are lucky, solo clomid will work and after 2-4 months you will get good results.

Now, if you just want to give PCT a try, for the sake of it, then run for 2-3 months only clomid 25mgEOD or E3D or I really cant tell what will work best for you, and call it a day.

Long post, sorry
Thank you for the advice brother I will take this into consideration. I was thinking 100mg ed for 21 days of clomid and 20mg ed for 30 days of Nolva. No HCG. Starting 3 weeks after last pin

What are the thoughts on this?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the advice brother I will take this into consideration. I was thinking 100mg ed for 21 days of clomid and 20mg ed for 30 days of Nolva. No HCG. Starting 3 weeks after last pin

What are the thoughts on this?
Welcome my friend. 100mg is very high dosage and with clomid less is better. Here are a few studies that say 25mgED or 50mgED were enough to raise test levels in hypogonadal men, without any sides.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19694928
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044663
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422830

Nevertheless, my advice on even lower dose is based on users experiences like this one

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/290907-amazing-clomid-results.html

Guy skyrocketed his test levels with just 12,5mg/week

Keep in mind that in case of hypogonadism, some people returned to pre-clomid levels after clomid seizure.

It would be a good idea to post pre TRT bloods and wait for the recent tests, so you can evaluate if doc didnt do her job well, or if she did it well and raised test but there is an other underlying problem

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Welcome my friend. 100mg is very high dosage and with clomid less is better. Here are a few studies that say 25mgED or 50mgED were enough to raise test levels in hypogonadal men, without any sides.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19694928
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044663
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422830

Nevertheless, my advice on even lower dose is based on users experiences like this one

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/290907-amazing-clomid-results.html

Guy skyrocketed his test levels with just 12,5mg/week

Keep in mind that in case of hypogonadism, some people returned to pre-clomid levels after clomid seizure.

It would be a good idea to post pre TRT bloods and wait for the recent tests, so you can evaluate if doc didnt do her job well, or if she did it well and raised test but there is an other underlying problem
I don't really want to do a continuous low dose clomid therapy. I want to just come off and go back to my original levels before TRT and then see an endo in a few months. So I'm assuming standard PCT would suffice to attain said goal?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I don't really want to do a continuous low dose clomid therapy. I want to just come off and go back to my original levels before TRT and then see an endo in a few months. So I'm assuming standard PCT would suffice to attain said goal?
Yeap, standard PCT will most probably work. Dont do 100mg/day man, it will make more harm than good. You can do 50mgED the first 3days and then 25mgED or 25mgEOD if sides occur. I would extend PCT to 6-8weeks. I do hope you bounce back.

Still I would wait to give bloods first, before going to PCT. You may need those tests as reference in the future

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Yeap, standard PCT will most probably work. Dont do 100mg/day man, it will make more harm than good. You can do 50mgED the first 3days and then 25mgED or 25mgEOD if sides occur. I would extend PCT to 6-8weeks. I do hope you bounce back.

Still I would wait to give bloods first, before going to PCT. You may need those tests as reference in the future
Thanks brother