Estrogen and Calcium D Glucarate

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking Calcium D Glucarate for many years simply as an anti-oxidant and never gave it much thought as it was just part of a staple I have had. My parents were big on it and my mom always felt it made her feel better and we always assumed it was calcium making her calm.

Fast forward to this weekend when I am up in the mountains with a friend who happens to be a hormone therapist and he mentioned that he has started adding this as a TRT adjunct because they have been studying it a lot for it's estrogen control. He said that it has proven with his clients to be comparable to tamoxifen (as studies online have proven, and arimidex, but easier to manage. Most of his clients are tapering their AIs and some have dropped them altogether after starting Calcium D Glucarate. Obviously this got me to reading up a lot on it and damn, it is interesting and an eye opener for me.

Ever since I started TRT almost 7 years ago, I have always posted that I have never had an issue keeping e2 under control. I always assumed it was a combo of luck, good protocol, and how my body metabolizes the aromatase enzyme. Regardless of how I switched it up, I have never had issues related to elevated e2 and labs have always proved the same. Low and behold I realize I have been taking this version of Calcium long before I even started TRT and have continued throughout. I likely have been managing this without realizing I was taking something that's primary benefit is to control estrogen. The only time I would add in an OTC e2 control would be to shed some extra water weight if that was there, or when I would blast. And to be honest, I cannot say if it would have been necessary, I just added it to be safe thinking I needed it.

In any case, I would suggest anyone dealing with e2 issues or on TRT looking for alternatives, to read up on this and come to your own conclusion. It may be a worthwhile supplement to look into.