What would you do?

Needt

Awards
I'm 51 6'2 230lbs. Low T, low libido,can't sleep, can't get it up. Had blood work done 1 month ago.
TSH 2.14
T4 free 1.3
ESTROGEN total serum 147.3
FSH 6.3
LH 2.9
PROLACTIN 3.4
ESTRADIOL 22
TESTOSTERONE total 208
TESTOSTERONE free 40.4
Dr. Has me taking test cyp 200 ml a wk. still nothing happening. Please somebody suggest something.

Coopster

Coopster

Awards
Estradiol and prolactin look good. The only thing I would try if it was me is split my dose to 100 mgs twice a week. I am on trt and I convinced my Dr to allow to me to do that to keep the hormone levels more even. Cyp is a long ester but after day 4 you start to decline. It sucks pinning twice a week but you may benefit from it I know I did. I do tues and sat. Keeps everything more balanced. I am no doctor just my o2. Hope it helps.

Needt

Awards
Hey thanks man. I will try that. Dr also gave me Clomid cause sometimes I get some gyno but I'm hesitant to use cause I don't want to lower estradiol to much. No?

Coopster

Coopster

Awards
I personally would not run it unless you start to show sides. Less drugs the better off you will be. Obviously if nips get tender or swollen then you start it. Clomid would not be my first choice it would be aromasin but clomid will work. Sometimes clomid can give people depression and overall down feeling. Thunking that's the best choice for you now but if that's all you have then use it if needed. If you get full blown Gyno nothing will reverse but Letro.

Needt

Awards
Ok thanx will stay as is for now. I just can't wait till the erectile dysfunction is gone

Coopster

Coopster

Awards
Yeah man Stick with the regimen and try not to think to much as hard as it is about that part because it will make it worse. Split the doses get some activity going get in the gym and start focusing on how good you feel and it should all come together. Trt may take a few injections to feel better hang in there.i have been on trt for years. It took a bit for me also. Don't forget to have labs again as that is a great starting dose but could be not enough also. I never felt good when I was in the 500 to 600 range but 750 was the magical number for me. Everyone is different. Update in a week or two after splitting the doses. Good luck you will be fine bro.

Coopster

Coopster

Awards
That is 750 meaning my test level just for clarification. Not the dose amount. 300 to 1100 being the normal range for test levels in men.

Needt

Awards
Thanks coopster, what a nice guy you are. I will keep at it.:)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm 51 6'2 230lbs. Low T, low libido,can't sleep, can't get it up. Had blood work done 1 month ago.
TSH 2.14
T4 free 1.3
FSH 6.3
LH 2.9
PROLACTIN 3.4
ESTRADIOL 22
TESTOSTERONE total 208
TESTOSTERONE free 40.4
Dr. Has me taking test cyp 200 ml a wk. still nothing happening. Please somebody suggest something.
My suggestion:
Listen to your doc.

I assume your dose is currently bumped since this reading.
Wait for the next draw.
It's a long but necessary process to bump up slow until you're in range.

If you disagree, switch endo,
Don't ask forum bros to play doctor

Needt

Awards
Thanx, I guess I'll be on this for life. Do I do a cycle or just continuously? I'm doing a little better, I just can't sleep so I'm gonna get my cortisol and dopamine checked next appt.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can I ask your age?

If you don't want TRT, there are guys here who can give restart advice with that clomid. Kind of hoped that was why your doc hooked you up

Ask him/her

It will be for life otherwise

Needt

Awards
I'm 51, very active gym 5 days a wk, walk 2.5 miles every day. I was on trt 3 yrs ago didn't know what I was doing and just stopped
After doing test cyp 300ml wk. it's been hell since.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How long have you been back on?

Took me 4-6 months from first TRT dose until I felt like me again.
Its a hellish ride.
Lethargy, zero libido, emotional roller coaster for some

Good on you for still being a badass at 51, brother

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Also, crap. We need to relocate this thread out of nutrition
Just requested it

More guys will see this and help out over in the appropriate section

Needt

Awards
Hey thnx dude, just started on trt again 3 wks ago. I see some older guys out and about and I'm like yeah man These guys look good, I need to get back in the race. I mean people tell me I look 10 yrs younger but it's more how I feel that matters to me. With no morning wood and no sleep idk I just gotta be patient and lean into the wind and be diligent.

Coopster

Coopster

Awards
Just a quick note as mentioned above I am no doctor just someone who has lived with trt for many years. I am very new to this forum but have been around this a very long time. Good news for me is my wife is a physician. I have a lot of help in regards to trt . Everyone says trt is for life and I don't want to start a big discussion over it but that is not true. I personally stopped trt for over 2 years and lived a pretty good life. I was not the same guy as when I was on trt but I was fine. It's forever if you can not restart your hpta and your are permanently shut down. I had a bit of a rough time but got back with taking zero meds. No Serms, hcg, or ai's to speak of. I just let my body try and recover on its own and it did. It sucked completely and it was very rough to say the least. My choice to go back on trt was simply wanting a little more than just feeling ok. It's a choice, I did it both ways tried it both ways and decided to go back to trt. I will say I feel a lot better but not miles better that's for sure. Again I am no doctor it's just my 02. As driven said and I said it takes time but your Dr is the one you should listen to. I will say some of them are no where educated on trt. My first endo never even wanted to check my estrogen. I was like are you kidding, told me is was a non factor. That guy was out the minute I heard that. You have to find one that really works with trt patients and understands all aspects of treatment and recovery if needed. Continued luck and you will get there just be patient. Coop

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
TSH 2.14
T4 free 1.3
FSH 6.3
LH 2.9
PROLACTIN 3.4
ESTRADIOL 22
TESTOSTERONE total 208
TESTOSTERONE free 40.4
Have you tried adding a DHT analogue to your TRT? Sometimes that's the one factor that guys miss.

Needt

Awards
Hmmmm no i haven't, dht analogue??? Unfamiliar with it.