Axiron problems.

dave3113

Awards
I started axiron almost six months ago at 60mg daily after 3 weeks my tt was 940. Now about 5 months later my tt level was 358 and estradial 41. Nipples are swollen and itchy. T aromatizing into e? What should i do while i wait to see doc?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i would have your doctor check for hypothyroidism as this can develop when addressing TRT since most likely this and other factors have not been properly evaluated.

Did you follow the same testing measures as previously in regards to application and time of blood draw?

dave3113

Awards
Thyroid levels were normal last time they were checked. Everything was the same regarding bloodwork. I asked a md on season wellness forums and she said 60mg could be too high a dose and the elevated e is lowering my t. Thoughts?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
"Normal" does not constitute healthy.
If you have not notice the range has dropped from bottom end to 2.3 to 2.0 in just a matter of few years. If this does not wake people up then you will be living in "normal" classification of being sick and diseased population.

Blood levels are only 15% of the equation for thyroid function, so how can you say its normal when other parameters need to be checked along with it?

dave3113

Awards
I agree that the normal range is far too wide just like my 358 tt level would be considered normal by most docs but not optimal for my well being. Im currently not experiencing any symptoms of hypothyroidism but am experiencing symptoms of elevated estrogen therefore thats what needs to be treated. If I experience symptoms of hypothyroidism I will deal with it. Until then ill deal with the issue at hand.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Elevated estrogens will block thyroid receptors creating what may appear to hypothyroid symptoms. Many of these symptoms will cross over and need to work with your doctor to isolate where the problem lies. It can be come very tricky some times. I have addressed adrenal glands and peoples e2 have fallen back in balance for what ever reason, possible due to increase progesterone which in some males is opposes estrogen receptors. Each case is unique and depends on the person own biochemistry. There is no one size fits all. I agree deal with matter at hand, but delve into find out why it may be elevated in the first place. 15-20 year ago we took gear with no need more AI never having a problem. Now just about every one on TRT needs an AI. Where is the disconnnect here....Its all about stress and environmental impacts altering gene expression..