Low Free Test But Normal Total Test

bubble boy

Awards
A little background.... I am 51, been lifting for 30 years and doing the normal protein shakes, Aminos, Creatine, pre work out stim stuff.
No anabolics.I haven't felt bad necessarily but as I age and cant train as hard I have noticed more body fat and less muscle mass.
So I decided to have blood work done to see where Im at.

My total test is 702 (range 280-800)
Free Test 7.0 (range 8.7-54.7)
Free T4 0.93
Free T3 2.63

So the doctor thought it was odd that my Free test was so low since my Total test was good.
He recommended milk Thistle to help "knock free test lose" as he put it.
Is getting free test up to say mid range something I should be trying to do and if so is Milk thistle what I need?
He suggested 3 weeks and come back to recheck. At $200 per test I don't want to be doing to many "trials"
He said if in the 3 weeks it didn't come up he would discuss test shots but didn't discuss details on that

And suggestions or thoughts?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to ask what is the preferred blood panel to request?

Pregesterone should be included. Vit D.

The above

total t
Free t
E2
SHBG
T3
T4

C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards
I agree with Mr.TT, your SHBG may be bound to testosterone and/or estrogen. When this happens these hormones cannot exert their effects on the body. So, in this state they are not active or bioavailable, which may explain why your free T is significantly low in comparison to your total T. As such, SHBG determines your free T levels. I'm not convinced milk thistle will rectify this issue......that is a strange proposition.

bubble boy

Awards
I agree, milk thistle sounded strange to me, In the research I have done Vit D, Zinc and Copper were suggested.

I will have to look over my results. I am not familiar with all this but did not initially see SHBG.
My estrogen was OK but my cholesterol is high. it stays high for many years but he did not seem concerned with that.
He did say I had high levels of inflammation he though may be from a food allergy. Not sure if any of that is related.

What is the protocol to bring Free test back to normal range?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'd like to know how to increase free test as well. Mine was low the last time it was checked, and total test was fine. Longjack did jack sh-t for me, I wish there was a sure fire way to increase it...

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to know how to increase free test as well. Mine was low the last time it was checked, and total test was fine. Longjack did jack sh-t for me, I wish there was a sure fire way to increase it...
3,4 divanil
LJ100 - not some bulk/random extract & @ 200mg/day

We have 2-3 non sponsored blood tests done on our LJ here on the forum will stellar results.

Try that combo for a month and get tested. I guarantee free test will have increased a substantial amount.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
3,4 divanil
LJ100 - not some bulk/random extract & @ 200mg/da

We have 2-3 non sponsored blood tests done on our LJ here on the forum will stellar results.

Try that combo for a month and get tested. I guarantee free test will have increased a substantial amount.
Great advice here, Viron or LJ100 for OL will free up bound test. Or you know, you can try Anavar ;-)

bubble boy

Awards
Thanks Kboxer7 and Canes

I will look into these for sure. I am not familiar with any of them so im flying a little blind and will need to research them as well. But any help is always welcome and appreciated
Also now that im home Im looking over my lab results and do not see T2 , SHBG or progesterone

Oh, and when you say "for OL" you lost me sorry. What is that?

Thanks Again

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Kboxer7 and Canes

I will look into these for sure. I am not familiar with any of them so im flying a little blind and will need to research them as well. But any help is always welcome and appreciated
Also now that im home Im looking over my lab results and do not see T2 , SHBG or progesterone

Thanks Again
OL stands for Olympus labs. They are one of the board sponsors who carry a high quality long jack supplement. Really all there stuff is pretty good. Sorry that was supposed to read "from" OL

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Kboxer7 and Canes

Thanks Again
I mean the brand "Olympus Labs."

If you need any help, have questions or need some research to back up your decision feel free to hit me up.

shaolin2112

Awards
not milk thistle... urtica dioica. stinging nettle... purportedly

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
3,4 divanil
LJ100 - not some bulk/random extract & @ 200mg/day

Any idea where can I find quality source of 3,4 divanil standalone?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Any idea where can I find quality source of 3,4 divanil standalone?
Wish I did. I would love to have a quality solo source. Testabolan V2 is usually my "go to" for 3,4 divanil. I've had 3 successful runs with Tv2 in the past.

bubble boy

Awards
Well I've discussed my results again with my doctor and he is feeling since I have so much inflammation that it is binding up my free test.
I have had a food allergy test done and waiting on the results, he is thinking maybe inflammation due to some food allergy.....eggs? I do eat eggs every day and they don't always settle well.

I have also done some research and minerals suggested to increase free test : Zinc Citrate, copper, boron, vit D, fish oil.
I did start taking Zinc and copper. Not sure if it a placebo effect but I have felt a little better energy and libido wise.

Still considering 3,4 divanil
LJ100 - not some bulk/random extract & @ 200mg/day as KBoxer suggested.