Pregnenolone Steal

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I saw Kisaj mentioned Pregnenolone steal in another thread. What is it and how do you combat it? Just got my blood work back and after being on 200 mgs of oral preg for three months it's only at 50. My levels used to be at 212 but dropped and I can't get them back up. I've tried sublingual and it didn't work. For the past month I've been taking 225 mgs. My dr wants me to drop to 150 mgs since my prolactin is slightly elevated. All other levels are in check with the exception of my free T and its slightly elevated. Will be glad to post blood work if need be. Any thoughts?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting the interplay of hormones. It seems high stress situations favor creating cortisol from Pregnenolone. This in essence "steals" or diverts Pregnenolone to making cortisol instead of DHEA, etc.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1446379843.368106.jpg

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Using the word "steal" is like clawing a black board
The body will divert pathways in order to go to its primary mechanism "survival" which cortisol has top priority in the body
With out it you die .end of story

Using preg is like playing Price as Right game called Plinko. You drop it in and you never know where it will end up. I do not believe in the statement "the body will know what to do with it" because there are too many variables to consider.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Using the word "steal" is like clawing a black board
The body will divert pathways in order to go to its primary mechanism "survival" which cortisol has top priority in the body
With out it you die .end of story

Using preg is like playing Price as Right game called Plinko. You drop it in and you never know where it will end up. I do not believe in the statement "the body will know what to do with it" because there are too many variables to consider.
Ok. So how do you raise your preg levels if your cortisol levels are in check?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Where are your lipids?
What is your vitamin A status?
What is your RBC zinc, copper magnesium, manganese, chromium, selenium status?
How do you know your cortisol are in check? just because a cortisol saliva comes back normals does not mean your cortisol are in check
What about mitochondria function? After several cases of low thyroid symptoms with optimal thyroid levels in the blood and good cortisol levels correcting complex 1,3 and other factors addressed the mitochondria which resolved the low thyroid symptoms and also the preg levels rose..

What are current symptoms your are experiencing?

Its much more complicated then one's imagine...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't have blood work with me to give exact numbers but my lipids are good, vitamin a is good. RBC slightly elevated. I did the cortisol stim test, not saliva.

Not experiencing any symptoms, just blood levels of preg are low.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Then if is not broke do not fix it. You trying to optimize may screw you up..