What to do?

Whiskeytang

Awards
Hello all, lm new to this forum but I have researched this subject in the past. Before my army recuiter told me to stop, I was an avid weight lifter l, 190lbs, 5"10 10%BF. I'm just a regular guy who wanted some muscle and I like to maximize and perfect everything I do. 2014 is when I stopped lifting cos my recruiter wanted me to stop and focus on running pushups and sit-ups -.- so I did. Anyways, my whole weight lifting "career" I've always withheld some
Sort of injury, extreme wrist pain-still ongoing...can't support myself in the push-up position unless I'm on my fists. Shoulder pain, elbow pain, etc..I had stress fractures which is why I'm not in the Army anymore btw, basically any exercise I do, I get some sort of injury from it since about 2012 I guess. Lately I've been getting irratible, extremely fatigued, moody and dizzy after eating, I put up with that for 6 months and decided to see a doc, pricked my finger to test blood sugar and it was fine. Had a bunch of blood wor done and he said my testosterone level is 172. Id like to start weight trainig again and would like to know what is the optimal treatment plan to shoot for to get my test as high as possible. I now weigh 150, everyone calls me skinny and I'm sick of it and not used to being the skinny guy after 4 years of being bigger than I am now. I've tried asking google my questions but I don't quite know how to word my question. Basically I want to get my test back to what it's supposed to he but since I have an opportunity to get a script to get better, what is the best way to go about this? In the past I tried increasing my test just for the hell of it, out of wanting to get as big as I can me, to no avail...how I have a means to get wha I wanted in the past AND at the same time I can finally feel human again. It sucks feeling like **** after eating...I almost dot even want to eat anymore lol. No motivation, no interest in sex, I find women attractive yeah but it's not really my main concern.. So in short..what would a person in my situation ask my doctor to prescribe mento get my test at the highest level possible, I'd like to avoid anything dangerous and weird side effects. Thanks all!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems like you are strongly hinting towards starting TRT. There should be no weird or dangerous side effects.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I think this thread would be better suited in the Anti-Aging / TRT / Anabolic section of the forum.

Lots of guys in there going thru what you are (low T issues), and lots of great advice in there on what to talk to your doctor about, treatment options, sides, etc. So if TRT / hormone replacement is what you're after, that's the way to go.

Perhaps Admin would be kind enough to move this thread in that direction.

Wishing you all the best man.

Whiskeytang

Awards
I'm just wkndering, and I realize Im in a position where I can aquire certain things, is there anything specifc I should request? I can research and scour all the threads to give myself a crash course in testosterone medicine but I'm short on time. I've read about Clomid and depicted a lot of people getting weird side effects from it. Moodiness for example. I learned HRT and TRT are the same except HRT is and type of hormone treatment...TRT is just testosterone.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'm just wkndering, and I realize Im in a position where I can aquire certain things, is there anything specifc I should request? I can research and scour all the threads to give myself a crash course in testosterone medicine but I'm short on time. I've read about Clomid and depicted a lot of people getting weird side effects from it. Moodiness for example. I learned HRT and TRT are the same except HRT is and type of hormone treatment...TRT is just testosterone.
Not many docs will use or even agree to prescribe Clomid for HRT. However, it is sometimes a good place to start because HRT for life is really no fun unless it is your last option.

If it were me, I would try for a Clomid restart to see if you can't get your HTPA firing on all cylinders on its own. If that doesn't work, and low T is affecting you negatively, then traditional TRT/HRT would likely be the way to go.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
First You Army Recruiter telling you to stop lifting was retarded. I remember starting basic training wishing to God I had been lifting, everything felt heavy haha. Hormone's being out of wack sucks bad man. As Kboxer7 said not many docs will try clomid, you almost have to go to a fertility doc to be able to start out on that track, but it would be the best idea. If it doesn't work get on full time trt, it is forever but damn its worth it after hitting rock bottom.

Whiskeytang

Awards
I appreciate everybody's replies. So just to make sure...it's preferable to try other methods before a full time TRT? I've done lots of research since yesterday and have learned of the best TRT protocol, or at least the most favored, over at dangerandplay. With that said, I wouldn't really mind having t injections if it meant I would feel better, and be able to gain mass easier. And yeah that damn recruiter screwed up my gains lol. I lost 40lbs on every lift. I tried "gettin back" into lifting again but then I developed this wrist pain and shoulder pain, so I took a month off and tried slowly building up to where I was at before to avoid another injury. Still didnt work. I suspect that with having low t, perhaps my muscles aren't repairing as fast as they should. We shall see. Btw the protocol that I'm thinkin to try to get from my doc is 50mg test prop EOD. Does that sound reasonable? Are their any cons besides the frequency of injections,

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Your going to want to start with 100mg Test C a week, one shot or some like pinning twice a week, and hopefully your doc will hook you up with an AI. A lot of people start on a way to high of trt dose from what I see.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Test cyp is the most popular and most prescribed by dr. 100mg every week is the basic starting point. 50mg every 3.5 days is what I've been on for 2 years. I have never needed to increase it and my total test went from below 100 to 817. I dont have any estro sides consistently so I rarely use an ai but I have what I need just in case. It is a big commitment but quality of life is a necessity. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Whiskeytang

Awards
Awesome! Thanks for the advice, I've been seein that a lot of guys are on cyp. I've heard with cyp your levels as consistany as they'd be with prop, according to a post I read on dangerandplay. But that's good to hear, do you feel any different than before? I'm so used to bein tired and lazy all the time I can't picture feelin any other way lol

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cyp is better for trt because it is a long ester. I feel much better. More energy, no more brain fog, just better all the way around. Plus I always have a test base if I want to run a cycle.

Whiskeytang

Awards
I have no experience with all of this, but I've read that the long halfl-life is why prop is preferred over cyp. Longer half life causes 'peaks and valleys" versus dosing EOD, you'd have a steadier range of test. again idk if what I've read is true, or if havin t-levels goin up and down has a negative effect at all. And I appreciate the advice. And I've heard TRT can replace a PCT. I have no knowledge of cycles or stacks other than how to PCT lol.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you are on trt there is no need for pct because you have no need to restart your natural test production since you are adding test with weekly injections. Prop must be used ed or eod at least. That is why it is NOT used for trt. You want a long ester test. It will stay in your system longer. True about peaks and valleys,but with a weekly or bi-weekly shot of cyp you will have none. It all comes down to how often you inject. Years ago doctors would say inject cyp every 2 weeks because the half-life is roughly 8-10 days. New studies show that at least 1 time per week is acceptable,but every 3.5 days is optimum. So with prop its ed or eod VS cyp that is 1-2 per week. You will build up scar tissue from injecting over time. Do alot more research and read the threads on AM about trt. Its definitely best to have as much knowledge as you can about this since its forever.