How much DHEA

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
About how many mg DHEA per day would it take to raise my levels from the 40's to the 300's? Do I just raise it slowly over time? Like 50mg max per day? About how much for maintainance? I can't find any info on maintaining levels once you reach a certain point.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's hard to find an amount for maintenance since it varies from person to person. I would take 50 mgs everyday and see where your levels are at after 3 months

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
With levels of 40 your body is dropping them for a reason. Too much dhea can over stimulate the immune system trigger possible autoimmune system responses. With people with dhea levels that low usually means they are severe immune compromised or fighting a low grade chronic infection or inflammation. I see levels this low with people who have candida, cancer or other immune system imbalances. It may be suggested that poor sleep hygiene also results in these levels. By addressing proper sleep and rem cycle levels will increase on their own over time. How are thyroid numbers looking ? As this could be a factor as well. You nutritent ratio is highly critical as it can play a huge factor on catalyst for enzymatic reactions

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Thyroid numbers were great, I eat healthy, I get ****ty sleep even though I'm in bed for 8 hours. I've read that DHEA will become low when on TRT, and even started taking a DHEA supplement, but evidently not enough. My endo said not to worry about it, and not to take a DHEA supplement because I'll only increase estradiol. Do you have a link to an article I can show her saying that low DHEA could be a sign of what you listed? Thanks

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been taking DHEA 25mgs everyday for a little over a year along with 100 mgs pregnenolone. I take .25 mgs of arimidex twice a week on my injection days. My E2 is steady at 19-22. Never have had an issue with DHEA raising my E2. My dr wants me to keep my DHEA levels near the max of the reference range

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Before suggesting adminstration of TRT doctors are testing their patients down stream metabolites to make sure the pathways are clears not causing any hidden imbalances. You answered your own questions about DHEA. Focus on getting proper rem sleep which will result in better overall hormone, adrenal, insulin and especially immune function. levels of DHEA you have are not from only TRT, but probably pre-existing issues which have not been furthered explored. As mentioned before people with those level are often severely immune compromised and area vulnerable to high risk of infections or have some pathogen already as well a possible environmental toxins (mold) which I am finding more frequently in clients. When levels are that low it would be wise to rule out probably cause and not only address the symptoms

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My doc had me load at 50mg a day and that had me out of range at my 30 day check up. I dropped back to 25, which keeps me near the top of the range.