TRT: What to say to doctor

DB1219

Awards
I am seeing my doctor this week. I am experiencing low sex drive, mostly. I am 48, lipids are good, waist circum 29, bodyfat at 15.8 percent. I'm in good shape but feel like muscle growth and strength have stalled last few years. It could be low test and I will get a blood draw to determine this. Another member has suggested not bringing up TRT during my initial visit and to just discuss my symptoms. I think this is great advice. Anyone else have advice for me? Or does anyone regret starting TRT?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just confused as to why you are telling "us" your lipids, waist measurement and bodyfat level. I'm not a doctor but I know some people play doctor online. They'll be in shortly to diagnose you. Just stay here in the waiting room for a bit.

DB1219

Awards
Lol. Sorry I was anticipating someone asking. I know things like being overweight and high blood lipids can interfere with hormones.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a doctor but I know some people play doctor online. They'll be in shortly to diagnose you. Just stay here in the waiting room for a bit.
I'm not important but I act like I am online. With that being said; never change. I love you just the way you are :D

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am seeing my doctor this week. I am experiencing low sex drive, mostly. I am 48, lipids are good, waist circum 29, bodyfat at 15.8 percent. I'm in good shape but feel like muscle growth and strength have stalled last few years. It could be low test and I will get a blood draw to determine this. Another member has suggested not bringing up TRT during my initial visit and to just discuss my symptoms. I think this is great advice. Anyone else have advice for me? Or does anyone regret starting TRT?
Here's the nutshell response. Don't get on TRT unless you really need it. I hate injecting myself twice a week, but it's worth it if you really need it. There's so many other things that can be causing your symptoms other than low T. The hardest thing is finding a dr who knows what he's talking about in relation to TRT. Once you find one then you can rest assured that if you need TRT you'll end up in it and if not, well you won't. Plain and simple....but difficult at the same time.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Is your T low? Probably, you're 48.

Stalled muscle growth is not a "symptom" that any responsible physician would treat with trt. If you find one that is willing, run far and fast.

If you want to put on muscle, do a cycle.

Good luck...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Tell them
"DOC Mr happy is not smiling in the morning and the misses is not happy either. I have been having a hard time getting it up and maintaining the little soldier at attention. My poor wife used to put up the splash guard on her face, but now I be lucky blow my load to her belly button. Obviously there is something going on here...I think its my hormones, but I am not a doctor and its your job to tell me..please help" FYI i have always learn in this business you allows need to stroke the ego of the doctor no matter how big of an azzhole they may be. Some times brown nosing goes a long way no matter how much you despise them. ;)

DB1219

Awards
Here's the nutshell response. Don't get on TRT unless you really need it. I hate injecting myself twice a week, but it's worth it if you really need it. There's so many other things that can be causing your symptoms other than low T. The hardest thing is finding a dr who knows what he's talking about in relation to TRT. Once you find one then you can rest assured that if you need TRT you'll end up in it and if not, well you won't. Plain and simple....but difficult at the same time.
Thanks. Nice to hear from folks that know. Sounds like TRT ( even gels) have consequences. After reading many of the posts it seemed many older AM members were on TRT of some form. Made me wonder if I was low so I made the appointment. Like I told KISAJ, hell if it gets me in to see the Doc I guess its a good thing.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. Nice to hear from folks that know. Sounds like TRT ( even gels) have consequences. After reading many of the posts it seemed many older AM members were on TRT of some form. Made me wonder if I was low so I made the appointment. Like I told KISAJ, hell if it gets me in to see the Doc I guess its a good thing.
Like I said in my previous post, your hardest obstacle will be finding a dr that knows what he's talking about. Some recommend going to a compound pharmacy in your area and ask what drs prescribe the most testosterone. If you go to a good dr, they will test you for everything under the sun that would relate to your symptoms plus more. That way you can treat the cause instead of the symptoms. Keep us posted. Also Kisaj is very knowledgeable in TRT b

lboston

lboston

Awards
Tell them "DOC Mr happy is not smiling in the morning and the misses is not happy either. I have been having a hard time getting it up and maintaining the little soldier at attention. My poor wife used to put up the splash guard on her face, but now I be lucky blow my load to her belly button. Obviously there is something going on here...I think its my hormones, but I am not a doctor and its your job to tell me..please help" FYI i have always learn in this business you allows need to stroke the ego of the doctor no matter how big of an azzhole they may be. Some times brown nosing goes a long way no matter how much you despise them. ;)
Lol. This may be one of the best posts I've read in a long time. I mentally pictured someone giving this spill to a doc; maybe even reading it off a note card...good work!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Problem is they test you for everything, but then do not know how what to do about it..