TRT questions

rio2014

Awards
Hey guys couple questions about TRT, I have been using 25G 5/8 needles since my doc recommended them since I'm pretty skinny in the leg area, my question is does it matter if I use a bigger needle such as 1 inch? Will it absorb better or make no diff at all?

Also aside from some positive mental effects, so far I haven't seen any major improvements in body composition at all? Is this normal, I have been using 1CC depo per week for almost a year.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a high normal dose and yes you should definitely be seeing improvements to body comp. The needle length does not matter if you are going in your leg. A 1" is good for fattier areas like the glute.

rio2014

Awards
Just to point out, 1cc = 100mg in Canada not 200. Should I increase dose to 1cc every Friday like I normally do and .5cc on Wednesday, so basically 1.5 cc per week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh you Canadians! lol. Small amounts of adjustment with test can make dramatic improvements. Take care of symptoms first and adjust. The difference between 50mg and 60mg 2x a week is definitely noticeable for me.

rio2014

Awards
Tks for you replies, appreciate it. I'm taking .25 mg anastrazole twice weekly to deal with estrogen, originally doc prescribed .5mg twice weekly. My question is should I up the dose to what was prescribed and also does an AI stop aromatization from HCG, I read somewhere that it doesn't, something about HCG aromatizing T in the testes.

rio2014

Awards
Also another question I had is that hcg is no longer bringing my testes back to their original size, there is still shrinkage. And for some reason my leg hairs are slightly decreasing even though T levels are quiet high, I have a blood test on Monday to see whats up.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been using the same vial of HCG? Remember that it only has a lifespan of 30-40 days after adding the bac water.

rio2014

Awards
How long have you been using the same vial of HCG? Remember that it only has a lifespan of 30-40 days after adding the bac water.
THis is a new vial so about 2 1/2 weeks, also my doc says its good for two months. But I'm more concerned that my body fat is increasing on TRT and body hair decreasing without adding any muscle tissue. Something doesn't quiet add up there.

It it possible that I'm not injecting the T properly?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
THis is a new vial so about 2 1/2 weeks, also my doc says its good for two months. But I'm more concerned that my body fat is increasing on TRT and body hair decreasing without adding any muscle tissue. Something doesn't quiet add up there. It it possible that I'm not injecting the T properly?
Did you say you were on an AI? You make need to bump up the dose.

Have you had labs since being on HCG?

How and where are you injecting T?

rio2014

Awards
Did you say you were on an AI? You make need to bump up the dose.

Have you had labs since being on HCG?

How and where are you injecting T?
I'm taking .25mg Anas twice a week but am going to increase it to .5m twice a week. I am doing my next labs next Monday.

I'm injecting intramascular in the thigh area with 25G 5/8 needles.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm taking .25mg Anas twice a week but am going to increase it to .5m twice a week. I am doing my next labs next Monday. I'm injecting intramascular in the thigh area with 25G 5/8 needles.
I would assume your E2 is probably high. Don't change your AI dose until you get labs done.

rio2014

Awards
Ok so here is the issue, my test results came and T was extremely high and E as well even though the test doesn't indicate that it was. T was 52.1 Nmol/L (range (9-28) and E was at 107 (range <150 pmol/L). So I was told to decrease T to .9cc per week and re-test in a few weeks. What's going on and can I do in the mean time, is this dangerous?

Edit: Just used the pg/ml to pmol converter and it looks like E is 29pg/ml which is normal.

rio2014

Awards
Anybody care to comment on this? Would really appreciate the input.