TRT no libido?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone on trt and everything is in order far as labs go and stilll no libido? also difficult to reach climax along with days to recover after being sexual active?

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
There's a thread running on this now that may help you a bit..

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
well whats your labs? numbers? did you actually get the results or did the doc just tell you your good?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
anyone on trt and everything is in order far as labs go and stilll no libido? also difficult to reach climax along with days to recover after being sexual active?
Yup I've been on TRT for years with ****ty libido, most of the time it's nonexistent even though labs look good. I've tried Testim gel, Androgel, and testosterone enanthate injections. Low doses, high doses, you name it. Sucks

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you taking DHEA or hCG with your TRT? Those both contribute to a sense of well being and libido for me. I'm using 100mg DHEA and 500iu hCG 2x weekly.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Are you taking DHEA or hCG with your TRT? Those both contribute to a sense of well being and libido for me. I'm using 100mg DHEA and 500iu hCG 2x weekly.
Yup tried them both, plus Pregnenolone, and Dermacrine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really need to see how thorough your labwork is, and what the results are. Libido isn't a hormone level threshold thing so much as a hormone level ratio thing.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
really need to see how thorough your labwork is, and what the results are. Libido isn't a hormone level threshold thing so much as a hormone level ratio thing.
You hit on something very important.....hormone level ratio. Lex, your T could be too high for YOU even though it's in the normal range. Also your E2 could be too low for YOU! My E2 is usually around 23. I still have a pretty decent sex drive up in the mid 30's. When I get to 40 or more my drive drops off big time. T and hormone levels are tough to dial in. I'm 41 and I inject a little over 100 Mgs spilt twice a week. I have a fiend 10 years younger who goes to the same Dr I see and he injects 200 mgs a week to keep him in the upper third of the normal range on free T. It's crazy how it's not the same for each individual. Also remember it takes several months for DHEA and preg levels to build up. Also better take take them sublingually.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
You hit on something very important.....hormone level ratio. Lex, your T could be too high for YOU even though it's in the normal range. Also your E2 could be too low for YOU! My E2 is usually around 23. I still have a pretty decent sex drive up in the mid 30's. When I get to 40 or more my drive drops off big time. T and hormone levels are tough to dial in. I'm 41 and I inject a little over 100 Mgs spilt twice a week. I have a fiend 10 years younger who goes to the same Dr I see and he injects 200 mgs a week to keep him in the upper third of the normal range on free T. It's crazy how it's not the same for each individual. Also remember it takes several months for DHEA and preg levels to build up. Also better take take them sublingually.
my testosterone levels are always around 800+, and e2 around 20. I might try lowering my test cyp dose and try to increase my e2 a bit with Dermacrine.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my testosterone levels are always around 800+, and e2 around 20. I might try lowering my test cyp dose and try to increase my e2 a bit with Dermacrine.
What is your free T level? And what range is the results measured at?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You hit on something very important.....hormone level ratio. Lex, your T could be too high for YOU even though it's in the normal range. Also your E2 could be too low for YOU!
pre-trt, my testosterone level was around 280, and e2 58. My libido was fine. On trt with test levels in the 800 range, I almost have to add e2 to keep libido up, but since I don't really feel like growing boobs I don't, so my libido is actually lower now than it was before I started TRT. I feel better overall other than that though :)

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
pre-trt, my testosterone level was around 280, and e2 58. My libido was fine. On trt with test levels in the 800 range, I almost have to add e2 to keep libido up, but since I don't really feel like growing boobs I don't, so my libido is actually lower now than it was before I started TRT. I feel better overall other than that though :)
Yeah I feel ya on the boobs....pardon the pun! Something is missing man. Right off I think of DHEA and preg levels along with vitamin E. Have you tried taking DIM? Before using arimidex I started on I3C which converts to DIM. It worked a little but didn't keep it down enough. I remember my libido went through the roof when I first started taking it and my E2 was in the high 30's. Had zero gyno or any other signs. When it got in the 40's I started getting bloated and libido tanked. Maybe you need to keep your E2 a little higher, maybe in the 30's and get your T to around 700. Worth a try unless you've already done it. I would also get back on DHEA vitamin d 3 and preg. What is your free T level?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could be related to dopamine. I don't feel like posting up a bunch of the articles, but research TRT and dopamine to understand why we get the initial rush we do when start TRT and elevated libido, only to have it fade in some cases. Then take a supplement to increase dopamine and see what happens.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Could be related to dopamine. I don't feel like posting up a bunch of the articles, but research TRT and dopamine to understand why we get the initial rush we do when start TRT and elevated libido, only to have it fade in some cases. Then take a supplement to increase dopamine and see what happens.
What are the best supps to increase dopamine?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mucuna
rhodiola
tyrosine
l-theanine

For me, mucuna was the most noticeable and, but I do believe it needs to cycled- at least I have to. I take rhodiola everyday and it is great.