tanning twice on a month danger?

FitnessLuke

Awards
So I know any tanning at all is dangerous, but how dangerous is like 10 minute tanning sessions in a bed every two weeks of the month. Like my risk of cancer will obviously increase, but is it increasing at a rate where I will more then likely get cancer in two years ha.

I have like type 3 skin..few moles, very few freckles..tan well sometimes burn, but turns into a tan.

In the bed I never burn bc I can guage the exact amount of exposer. I love it bc those two sessions keep me glowing and at the perfeft tan level.

I am in my early 20s

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you're not burning yourself. If you're coming out red each time, then yes that's dangerous.

FitnessLuke

Awards
Shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you're not burning yourself. If you're coming out red each time, then yes that's dangerous.
No literally dont get red at all..maybe the first hour, but after that its nothing but dark tan....now if I lost my base tan by taking a few months off id prob burn

Thanks though

JD261985

Banned
Awards
So I know any tanning at all is dangerous, but how dangerous is like 10 minute tanning sessions in a bed every two weeks of the month. Like my risk of cancer will obviously increase, but is it increasing at a rate where I will more then likely get cancer in two years ha. I have like type 3 skin..few moles, very few freckles..tan well sometimes burn, but turns into a tan. In the bed I never burn bc I can guage the exact amount of exposer. I love it bc those two sessions keep me glowing and at the perfeft tan level. I am in my early 20s
I have been back and forth on this issue a lot. I was using the tanning beds quite a bit but after my dad got skin cancer I started to do some research into the benefits of tanning. Besides the vitamin D you get (you only need 10 minutes in natural sun a day) there really isn't much of a benefit. Yes you look better but it's an illusion. It actually ages you much more quickly and in later years you could end up with leathery skin and lots of sun spots. I've seen someone with leathery skin due to tanning it's disgusting

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I have been back and forth on this issue a lot. I was using the tanning beds quite a bit but after my dad got skin cancer I started to do some research into the benefits of tanning. Besides the vitamin D you get (you only need 10 minutes in natural sun a day) there really isn't much of a benefit. Yes you look better but it's an illusion. It actually ages you much more quickly and in later years you could end up with leathery skin and lots of sun spots. I've seen someone with leathery skin due to tanning it's disgusting
I think that happens when your way overdoing though!

FitnessLuke

Awards
Yeah like I know people who use every other day will deff have the skin spots and age a lot faster, but like 16-20 minutes total for the month in a bed...idk just curious if it was that bad

I know the damage is still being done, but to what degreee really

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Yeah like I know people who use every other day will deff have the skin spots and age a lot faster, but like 16-20 minutes total for the month in a bed...idk just curious if it was that bad I know the damage is still being done, but to what degreee really
It may not be an issue now which is fine. I'm just not sure of the cumulative effect doing it year after year. It really just depends on the person. Do I like tanning? I love it! So honestly I'm in the same boat you are. To tan or not to tan...that is the question lol

FitnessLuke

Awards
It may not be an issue now which is fine. I'm just not sure of the cumulative effect doing it year after year. It really just depends on the person. Do I like tanning? I love it! So honestly I'm in the same boat you are. To tan or not to tan...that is the question lol
Its like ughh its so so bad...obviously so bad, but also I like it so much

One thing I hate and have noticed, maybe only notice when im tan, is that I have acne scares on my forehead..tanning makes them show, so that there shows the damage its doing

FitnessLuke

Awards
Idk we also all age and die one day

Thats a sad truth....ill just prob go off andon with moderate tanning

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Idk we also all age and die one day Thats a sad truth....ill just prob go off andon with moderate tanning
I will say the actual tan looks way better than a spray tan. I've never done the spray tan and don't think I ever will

Packers1504

Packers1504

Awards
As someone who just had 5 moles removed, I would avoid tanning beds all together

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 8
Justlooking5 General Chat 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
General Chat 3
JeremyNG25 Cycle Logs 1