(Preventing) male pattern baldness.

DoctorViking

Awards
I am 26 years old. Yet here I am.

I love my motorcycle, my Norse heritage, and my long locks that complement both aspects of my personality.
However, my grandfather on my moms side went bald pretty early, and I already seem to be going pretty thin on the top.

MPB has been linked with testosterone, something to do with DHT buildup on the scalp I think? One of the recommendations I have seen is to eat less meat and avoid lifting weights.... Obviously, **** all that ****.

So. I still have my hair at this point.... how do I keep it?
I've also heard that certain shampoos can cause it, and I really haven't been shampooing my hair but once every 2-3 weeks as it doesn't get too oily.

Any suggestions or resources you can send my way would be greatly appreciated, because if the suggestions really are "have less testosterone", I would rather be bald. I'm entering my first powerlifting competition this Monday, and there is no way I'm giving up the weights. Or my steak sandwiches with beef paddys as buns.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can't prevent it. If you're prone to it and it's genetic, it's going to happen. You can maybe delay it with things like Nizoral 2% shampoo.

Btw, DHT will speed up MPB, but doesn't cause it. If you're not prone to MPB (doesn't run in your family, etc), then you don't have much to worry about.

DoctorViking

Awards
It does though. So slowing it down is my goal.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is the stack I have been using since stating TRT and it stops hair shedding and adds thickness. It will not help you to re-grow, but does an excellent job at preventing MPB.

N2Shampoo + a good dose of biotin + a good dose of nettle

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Minoxidil + Nizoral. And low dose finasteride for a more complete prevention (although not without side effect in some men)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've also used nizoral 2% cream, although there are chances this can go systemic