Is 200mg/week TRT enough to add muscle?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. can i take a test booster along with the injections to make up difference of weekly dose ?


  2. No. A test booster is designed to help assist natural test production (and they generally suck at that). You are no longer using your natural test production once you go on TRT and dependent on exogenous.
    •   
       


  3. I know I'm a little late in the game here, but I can attest Matrix has a valid point. When I first came back around after an injury and a ton of health problems, I was about to go on TRT and was on 5 meds just to treat symptoms of hyperthyroidism. After testing my DNA, and consulting with a clinical nutritionist, making some changes, I'm off 4 of them and my test went from 258 to 840 and I'm 35 and have cycled many times.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    I know I'm a little late in the game here, but I can attest Matrix has a valid point. When I first came back around after an injury and a ton of health problems, I was about to go on TRT and was on 5 meds just to treat symptoms of hyperthyroidism. After testing my DNA, and consulting with a clinical nutritionist, making some changes, I'm off 4 of them and my test went from 258 to 840 and I'm 35 and have cycled many times.
    Valid point.

    How did you end up with hyperthyrodism?

  5. Genetic predisposition. But I wonder what AAS contributed. It did seem to get worse soon after I ended a 12 week cycle.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    Genetic predisposition. But I wonder what AAS contributed. It did seem to get worse soon after I ended a 12 week cycle.
    Hyper is the over active thyroid, correct?

  7. Correct, typically resulting in lower TSH values and an elevated Total T4. However, Low T4 with low TSH can sometimes indicate a pituitary problem. There is no way, despite studies on aas and endocrine function, to know for sure how it will effect an individual. They could be predisposed to pituitary or thyroid disorder or be borderline, and introducing an exogenous hormone was all it needed to throw it out of balance.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    Correct, typically resulting in lower TSH values and an elevated Total T4. However, Low T4 with low TSH can sometimes indicate a pituitary problem. There is no way, despite studies on aas and endocrine function, to know for sure how it will effect an individual. They could be predisposed to pituitary or thyroid disorder or be borderline, and introducing an exogenous hormone was all it needed to throw it out of balance.
    What are symptoms?

  9. Anxiety, high blood pressure and appetite loss. However, after reading every study I could get my hands on, I don't believe aas were a major factor in my hyperthyroidism. Here's a great read on the subject, you'll have to google it because it's on another bb site:

    The Effects of Anabolic Steroids on Thyroid Function
    by Karl Hoffman

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    Anxiety, high blood pressure and appetite loss. However, after reading every study I could get my hands on, I don't believe aas were a major factor in my hyperthyroidism. Here's a great read on the subject, you'll have to google it because it's on another bb site:

    The Effects of Anabolic Steroids on Thyroid Function
    by Karl Hoffman
    Thanks. I appreciate you sharing. I'll definitely check it out.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    Genetic predisposition. But I wonder what AAS contributed. It did seem to get worse soon after I ended a 12 week cycle.
    Interesting, I felt that mine slowed down on AAS however it seems to have sped up after I did a small T3 supplemetation for a while and after cessation of the T3 I cant eat enough food to keep up my weight.
    I have to check my thyroid again to see what happened.
    I know that HGH slows it down too

  12. can i run a 4 week ph cycle of epi while being on 200mg test cyp every 3 weeks?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    can i run a 4 week ph cycle of epi while being on 200mg test cyp every 3 weeks?
    I'd be much more concerned with getting my protocol squared away than I would be worrying about running a cycle...

  14. Truth.

  15. what about 128 ,just found out

  16. In what context? What does 128 mean?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. is it too late now to add a test e ?
    By Conte in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
  2. On TRT & Looking to ADD
    By Meister in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 12:10 AM
  3. Are my hormone levels good enough to build muscles and strength??
    By 4evathrowed in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 05:31 PM
  5. Can't lift for weeks and want to preserve muscle
    By Pirate! in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Log in
Log in