Metabolism of DHEA while on trt

w8lifter

w8lifter

Awards
Been on TRT - test cyp, for over two years now, total T around 700, estrogen is around 38 on scale of 20 to 56. Latest dhea levels came in at 75 with range of 31 to 700. Take 100 mg T cyp per week, 300iu HCG eod, Anastrozole .5 mg every week in divided dose on days of hcg inject. Question: if I take DHEA at 25-50 mg per day how will this likely metabolize and break down given what Im taking above? Will taking Anastrozole prevent aromatizing to estrogen sufficiently, and if so, what will the dhea convert to? I've seen the steroid metabolism chart from Wikipedia , but wondering what metabolism of oral dhea would be given my stats. How about transdermal cream dhea?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ons should get baseline reading with out DHEA then adjusts accordingly to the levels of e2 when it is added in.. I suggest people use sublingual or TD rhea which can be tested for $22 through genova 24 hour urine profile to see if its absorbing. I have been running majority of clients with this test to see if the OTC or compounded TD dhea is working. I have them test with in 7 days after application.

w8lifter

w8lifter

Awards
Ons should get baseline reading with out DHEA then adjusts accordingly to the levels of e2 when it is added in.. I suggest people use sublingual or TD rhea which can be tested for $22 through genova 24 hour urine profile to see if its absorbing. I have been running majority of clients with this test to see if the OTC or compounded TD dhea is working. I have them test with in 7 days after application.
Do u have the results of these tests?

John2211

Awards
@ Matrix....... On another thread you said "screw transdermal and just inject it. This was back in 2011. Its now 2013 and you back to transdermal???????
:thinking:

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
DHEA injectables can not be stabilized and half life was not known. Personally, I try to avoid DHEA unless its needed. I now suggest testing DHEA and DHEA-S serum levels to see if there is a problem with the trans-sulfuration pathways with in the liver. By correcting trans-sulfuration pathways one may be able to have higher level of DHEA - s from DHEA . Been researching this just resently. I suggest try TD first if they do not work then move to orals. This is why testing after 7 days on TD would indicate if they are absorbing at all. If not goto trouche or sublingual for better absorption. I am starting to re think how to approach low DHEA-S levels in cases. I have change mind set about things. Since working with some of the best researchers in the field you are always constantly challenge to show the clinical proof. Researching is tough work but it only adds more creditability to ones name.