estrogen #'s

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Docs assistant said my estrogen is at 165....that is retarded high i know....but does all estrogen use the same ranges and #'s? i don't have the labs in front of me but im sure there is no male range listed. Doc has to sign off on it first before i can actually see the paperwork. he said test was at 2500 too...up 400. wtf is going on....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never known a lab to run that high and if it truly is 2500, you must be running 500-600mgs of test ew. My doc would have been pissed and told me not to come back.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I've never known a lab to run that high and if it truly is 2500, you must be running 500-600mgs of test ew. My doc would have been pissed and told me not to come back.
Hey, you grumpy ass old man :D......It's labcorp, they actually give you the ACTUAL level of each hormone....no < or > horseshyt, that is why I like them. Probably super expensive, but my insurance is bulletproof like that so I don't have to pay for anything I get done at the GP or cardiologist. I don't understand the 2080 and 2500 either....I retested 72 hours later with NO androgel application to my arms on the weekend, and I swabbed the area with alcohol twice per day on the weekend and once more monday morning before the test. There is no way both samples were contaminated with androgel. Something is going on here, and I suspect the months and months of androgel and transaderm (DHEA/Preg) just elevated my test levels into the stratosphere...along with my estrogen. This came on suddenly, a loss of libido (the estrogen) and HBP all of a sudden (the high test) plus some other factors that hinted to me something was wrong....this is why I even bothered to go to the GP, I had issues AND I was not doing any PH or DS or AAS that could have brought it on. And if your doctor is going to get pissed at you for being honest and looking for help with elevated test levels, through no fault of your own, then he sucks....never mind don't come back, I wouldn't go back anyways! This doc is gonna prescribe me aromasin or arimidex whether he likes it or not....watch, I'll scan the script when I get it ;). I already told the assistant we are gonna go with something RX to bring the estrogen down....and he said he will run it past the doc. I looked up mens estrogen ranges and it said "50-200" for the method used to measure mine.....165 is out of control.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen does not = estrodial.
Sound to me there is a line of miscommunication in correct testing which has been done.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Estrogen does not = estrodial.
Sound to me there is a line of miscommunication in correct testing which has been done.
That is what i was thinking....without the ability to see the lab results on paper. But is this total estrogen # useless? or can it be used to determine how high estradiol might be? I noticed a few places that my results #'s correlate with a 50-200 range...so that would indicate crazy high.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Those are most likely total estrogen results which are for a female not a male.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Those are most likely total estrogen results which are for a female not a male.
yeah they are total estrogen #'s, but the fact the range is NOT for a male? but for a female perhaps? makes it WORSE! that means I'm off the top of the chart for a FEMALE! lol

rfarns01

Awards
Agree with this guy ^^^^^, somewhere your testing has gotten screwed up, I would seek another lab, highly, highly unlikely to get those results from 12 pumps of androgel. Your estrogen testing is a waste of funds, you need e2, estradiol tested, I know many in this forum do not like the lapcorp sensitive E2 test but that is the most acurrate for us men. 3 to 70 range.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Agree with this guy ^^^^^, somewhere your testing has gotten screwed up, I would seek another lab, highly, highly unlikely to get those results from 12 pumps of androgel. Your estrogen testing is a waste of funds, you need e2, estradiol tested, I know many in this forum do not like the lapcorp sensitive E2 test but that is the most acurrate for us men. 3 to 70 range.
This is labcorp ....not sure why they tested for total estrogen and not E2??? maybe the endo will want to draw blood and i can request E2 then. Although i will have decreased it if this MP arimidex is legit....so that might harm my chances of getting an adex script. I can't see two inaccurate test results from a reputable lab....i think test is elevated due to my tweaks and additions. twice daily dosing + 12 pumps + DHEA/Preg is equaling doubled test levels.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
3 to 70 is the invalid test. I had one guy use dr was using that test showing him to have low estradiol. The guy was baffled why was he stilling having e2 issues? I ran the 7-42 test he was off the charts high so was his SHBG which should have been a red flag in the first place. Now since we have his e2 back to where it is supposed to be based upon the proper testing, his SHBG even dropped symptoms improved. Again you need to listen to the person symptoms not the lab tests. At least make sure your Dr is getting the proper estrogen test. If hes ordering the wrong one then run the other way.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
3 to 70 is the invalid test. I had one guy use dr was using that test showing him to have low estradiol. The guy was baffled why was he stilling having e2 issues? I ran the 7-42 test he was off the charts high so was his SHBG which should have been a red flag in the first place. Now since we have his e2 back to where it is supposed to be based upon the proper testing, his SHBG even dropped symptoms improved. Again you need to listen to the person symptoms not the lab tests. At least make sure your Dr is getting the proper estrogen test. If hes ordering the wrong one then run the other way.
They ordered estradiol...free test (comes with total test as well he said with how he ordered it)...and psa this time for me. Should clear things up. Ill request total estrogen as well so i can compare and see if my arimidex is legit. Labcorp of course.

rfarns01

Awards
I think in the past it was inaccurate, but I have had good success with the 3 to 70 test recently and it lines up perfect with the estradiol test my doctor runs.