AI.aromasin adex etc

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone taking somethings else besides aromasin or adex with the trt to controll the E?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
anyone taking somethings else besides aromasin or adex with the trt to controll the E?
Over the counter Erase. It's good for low dose such as TRT, but won't touch e2 when doing a blast or cycle. If you're having e2 issues, try lowering your testosterone dosage for a couple months. If you're doing 50mg test twice a week, try 40mg twice a week.

napalm

napalm

Awards
The bigger question is why you need an ai...

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you saying that the norm is to not need an AI on TRT?

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no, research anastrozole. My GP wouldnt even test estrogen until I instisted. My latest lab numbers are below. What is a good estrogen number for a male, since the numbers I goet were below the reference range? I'm guessing the test is for females, so the range is geared toward female "normal". These results are a week after I changed from 120 to 80 mg 2x/wk (with .5mg anastrozel ED). The 120 2x/wk was too much, I could tell from mood and bp. I also have an old small gyno lump and it seems to be a good indicator because it seems to get agitated when things are out of wack. I can tell 3 weeks into the 80 mg 2x/wk that I feel much better.
Free test: 34 ng/dl (ref 9 to 30)
Total test 977 ng/dl (ref 240 to 950)
Estrone, serum <10 (ref 10 to 60 pg/ml)
Estradiol, enhanced <10 (ref 10 to 40 pg/ml)

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Funny enough I'm headed to the GP in the morning to "insist on estrogen and prolactin" #'s in addition to the test #. I'll just tell them i will pay for it if the insurance denies it. they won't....worst outcome will be that they threaten to bill me for it after paying the doctor lol they did that with thyroid and some other things I've tested for

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, research anastrozole. My GP wouldnt even test estrogen until I instisted. My latest lab numbers are below. What is a good estrogen number for a male, since the numbers I goet were below the reference range? I'm guessing the test is for females, so the range is geared toward female "normal". These results are a week after I changed from 120 to 80 mg 2x/wk (with .5mg anastrozel ED). The 120 2x/wk was too much, I could tell from mood and bp. I also have an old small gyno lump and it seems to be a good indicator because it seems to get agitated when things are out of wack. I can tell 3 weeks into the 80 mg 2x/wk that I feel much better.
Free test: 34 ng/dl (ref 9 to 30)
Total test 977 ng/dl (ref 240 to 950)
Estrone, serum <10 (ref 10 to 60 pg/ml)
Estradiol, enhanced <10 (ref 10 to 40 pg/ml)
Your estradiol is too low and is going to wreck your lipids.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What range is good for estradiol? All values were good in this set of tests -what specific test should I keep an eye on?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What range is good for estradiol? All values were good in this set of tests -what specific test should I keep an eye on?
Most guys do well in the 20's for e2

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did not think a GP or reg doc would prescribe adex, since it is not necessarily designed for men. It is a female anti cancer drug, no!?
I would guess they would never take a chance prescribing something that was not specifically designed and or tested for a male!? Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think they would do that.
With the advent of more and more TRT male related cases and men getting scripts for hormones now, my guess is, pretty soon, there will be other drugs (for men) that may address the issues.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I imagine its a stretch, but whats the term, "off label" when they prescribe for an alternate use?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I imagine its a stretch, but whats the term, "off label" when they prescribe for an alternate use?
bottom line? It's their fcking responsibility to address the issue by whatever means necessary. They want your money and they prescribe you testosterone replacement with a smile on their face, but when you go to them and tell them your estrogen is out of whack? They look at you like you got 3 heads. This is why GP's shouldn't prescribe TRT.....I bet you'd have better luck with an endo, or better yet an "anti-aging" doctor....at least they are aware of the ancillaries such as HCG and clomid and AI's and their necessity. I can't wait to see if mine is elevated, I will ask nicely once....then I'll have to take some more drastic action :D

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Your estradiol is too low and is going to wreck your lipids.
David, can you follow up on what I should keep an eye on please? By lipids, which do you mean specifically - cholesterol? From the little I know lipids refers to several different things.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Napalm! Funny thing is, at the higher dosage, where I didnt feel as good as at the lower dosage, other than BP a little higher than normal,my test results were the best they've been in years. I'll be keeping an eye on them, just in case.

vassille

Awards
I cant wrap my head around why some ppl need so much AI with such a low dose of test.
.5 mg Adex ED is a ton of AI. Even when I do a cycle of 750mg of test a week I dont even go near that much arimidex. I only take .25mg two times a week of adex. No bloat or anything like that.
I think that some of you guys are taking way to much AI without any particular good reason. Remember that you do need some estrogen there is no reason to kill it all together.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I cant wrap my head around why some ppl need so much AI with such a low dose of test.
.5 mg Adex ED is a ton of AI. Even when I do a cycle of 750mg of test a week I dont even go near that much arimidex. I only take .25mg two times a week of adex. No bloat or anything like that.
I think that some of you guys are taking way to much AI without any particular good reason. Remember that you do need some estrogen there is no reason to kill it all together.
I agree but everyone responds differently. My E2 last lab was 7, too low so I have backed off my AI. My HCG probably is a complicating factor.

It seems that E2 management is a challenge for many.

I would love to just skip the AI but I don't think a Victoria Secret Bra would look good on me, ha. :)